Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:08:35 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  The Chiefs going for it
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Chiefs going for it  (Read 637 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 08, 2023, 01:38:28 am »

Never seen that before.

Both teams were very aggressive and went for it in the fourth quarter.

The Chiefs went on fourth and 20, which became fourth and twenty five.

The reasoning behind it is as follows: You need a three and out anyway, so why not take a shot?

The counter argument is that since it is a one point game, you would likely need a TD instead of a field goal after the three and out.

The reasoning if you are inside your own ten is as follows:  Since you are down by one, you are guaranteed to have a shot at getting the ball back with a one-possession game.  You need to stop the two-point conversion.  By turning the ball over on downs inside your own ten, you guarantee that your opponent cannot run the clock.out.

Could the Chiefs have kept committing penalties until they were inside their own ten yard line?  Is that legal?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 08:03:24 am »

The Chiefs should've gone for it the drive before on 4th and 4.  The 4th and 25 was desperation/end of game stuff. 

I drink your milkshake!
AQNOR

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 08:44:48 am »

What killed the Chiefs were dropped passes.  That Toney guy is gonna hear about that all season long.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 10:33:35 am »

absolutely should have gone for it, on both 4th downs.  they weren't getting the ball back if they punted.  at that spot on the field, field position doesn't matter.

Also, that right tackle been jumping the snap count ALL NIGHT and they waited until 4th and 20 with the game on the line to finally call it?  Seems suspect.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2023, 02:42:04 pm »

I paused and went frame-by-frame on a bunch of those and while he did move first, the ball moved within a single frame. On the one they called, the difference was several frames.

More annoying was that they allowed him to line up illegally all game.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray