Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 04:56:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Joe Burrow out for season
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Joe Burrow out for season  (Read 699 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: November 17, 2023, 03:18:32 pm »

Joe Burrow is out for the season with a torn wrist ligament. I think it all but gives Baltimore the division uncontested. No way Cleveland or Cincy have a chance now.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
AQNOR

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 03:55:23 pm »

Two out of four seasons he's finished the year on IR.   He's a great young QB but that line is going to get him killed.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 04:02:23 pm »

Look at the horrible back ups playing around the league. Pay for QBs will start going down or payrolls will get significantly larger because right now teams can't afford to pay for decent back-ups behind these big payroll QBs. $310 million going to a guy who hasn't finished 2 of 4 years.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 04:04:03 pm »

Burrow is a good QB, but at this point he's so injury prone that you have to wonder if CIN needs to move on.  He will have missed 12 games in his first 4 years due to injury.  Meanwhile, Tua - whom everyone knows to be one of the most frail and injury-prone QBs to ever be drafted - has missed 7 games in the same time period.

edit: Others are also making similar comparisons with Burrow and "injury prone" Lamar Jackson.  The media narratives for certain players in this league are amazing.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 04:08:05 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 07:04:12 pm »

He was wearing a sling on his wrist before the game despite not being on the NFL injury report. He then tears a ligament without contact.

Miami would be forced to forfeit the season if we did this. I doubt anything happens to Cincy.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2023, 12:15:24 am »

Him and Cousins both on my fantasy team ugh, well I’m glad I wasn’t able to snag Tua lol, looks like I won’t repeat
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2023, 01:41:44 am »

No matter what you think of him, Burrow is a genuinely elite QB: the Bengals have only got so far because of him this season (even with injuries), because their defense sucks. They've got to seriously invest in some real protection for him in the off-season, because they are contenders with him, and absolutely doomed without him.

The Steelers may still be a sneaky chance of snatching the division as I'm not sold on Jackson. But yeah, the Ravens should have first dibs on the AFC North now.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2023, 10:20:38 am »

edit: Others are also making similar comparisons with Burrow and "injury prone" Lamar Jackson.  The media narratives for certain players in this league are amazing.

I don't want to wish anyone harm, but I wouldn't be disappointed if Lamar went out injured in the 1st quarter of week #17.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray