Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 02:19:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Buffalo Remaining Schedule
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Buffalo Remaining Schedule  (Read 1290 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: November 25, 2023, 11:14:18 pm »

@ Eagles
BYE
@Chiefs
vs. Cowboys
@ Chargers
vs. Patriots
@ Dolphins

If they lose just two of these games, we can go 3-3 the rest of the way and still win the division. Realistically, our next 3 games are "easy" and their next 2 are brutal. We can clinch the division with 3 games to go.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 10:16:31 am »

Odds are the division will be decided in the Dolphins vs Bills game.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 04:59:47 pm »

That would mean a Miami collapse plus a Buffalo resurgence. It's certainly possible but I don't think the odds point to it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 05:44:36 pm »

Absolutely fuck Jalen Hurts for playing one of the worst games at QB this year. If all this is because Lane Johnson is out, then he is a fraud.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 12:17:21 am »

This being Miami and this website a collapse next month is never off the table, but I think we will have the division sowed up before the Buffalo game and is we are playing for anything it’s seeding.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 08:42:38 am »

The Bills can get hot and win a bunch of games down the stretch, but it looks like they are going to have to win them all to give themselves a shot and not being at home for most of them is going to take a toll. I just don't think that's realistic at this point.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
AQNOR

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 02:15:15 pm »

This being Miami and this website a collapse next month is never off the table, but I think we will have the division sowed up before the Buffalo game and is we are playing for anything it’s seeding.

It is so fucking frustrating to recall the Dolphins December underperformances.    How many times has this team been in a position to win the division/make the playoffs and completely blown it?   
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 07:46:57 pm »

The Bills can get hot and win a bunch of games down the stretch, but it looks like they are going to have to win them all to give themselves a shot and not being at home for most of them is going to take a toll. I just don't think that's realistic at this point.

With the loss last night, they basically need to win their last 5 games while we go 3-3 while losing to Buffalo in order for them to win the division. It's always possible but if they lose to the Chiefs in 2 weeks, it's basically over as long as we don't drop our "winnable" games.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023, 02:33:12 pm »

I'm very cautious about this idea that we have these 3 winnable games coming up and differentiating them from the 3 hard ones after that.  I fully expect to drop one of the "easy' ones, just because the NFL is a parity league and shit happens.  You also have to try to grab one of the last three.  We will be fortunate to go 3-3 to end the year, honestly.  It's a tough situation.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2023, 10:35:09 am »

I'm very cautious about this idea that we have these 3 winnable games coming up and differentiating them from the 3 hard ones after that.  I fully expect to drop one of the "easy' ones, just because the NFL is a parity league and shit happens.  You also have to try to grab one of the last three.  We will be fortunate to go 3-3 to end the year, honestly.  It's a tough situation.
I think it's a stretch to say Miami will be fortunate to go 3-3 but I do agree that you can't call any of the next 3 games gimme's. The Dolphins have been good at home over the last 2 years. Win 3 of your 4 home games seems very doable. Even if you only win 2 of 4 at home you only need to win an away game against Washington next week to go 3-3. Either of those scenarios would just be doing what you should do which Miami has done all year. If they don't go 3-3 these last 6 it's a massive departure from the way they have played all year in my opinion. Honestly I don't see any reason why we shouldn't go 4-2, anything less would be a disappointment in my opinion.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2023, 12:25:48 pm »

Fortunate may be the wrong word, but I think that 3-3 is a very big possibility and it wouldn't even be a failure.  The narrative would follow up around but we have 3 very, very tough games for us in there.

We just gotta go beat Buffalo and control things ourselves.

I'm also a little scared of Washington.  They aren't the trash they're being portrayed to be.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2023, 04:03:21 pm »

I expect 4-2 down the stretch, and possibly 5-1.

I'm also a little scared of Washington.  They aren't the trash they're being portrayed to be.

They are a different, but equally smelly, kind of trash, and Miami should handle them with relative ease.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2024, 08:22:08 am »

Nailed it.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray