Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2024, 07:51:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Titans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Titans  (Read 1036 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 11, 2023, 11:43:10 pm »

The whole team except Bailey

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 11:54:08 pm »

McDaniel.

The offense was impotent and the defense folded like tissue paper.  Total fiasco.  Absolutely inexcusable.

AQNOR

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 06:26:58 am »

I agree.  The four eyed geek (McDaniel) gets my Shame of the Game.   He clearly didn't have his team ready and as a result, they got punked by a backup QB!!!!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 07:08:52 am by AQNOR » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2023, 11:01:13 am »

There's a lot to go through.

Bradley Chubb throwing his helmet to give the Titans a TD is one of the most idiotic things I've seen on a football field.  I just don't understand how professionals at this level have temper tantrums.  YOU CAN'T TAKE YOUR HELMET OFF ON THE FIELD!!!!!  I don't get how this happens.

McDaniel didn't adjust his play-calling to fit the moment.  I don't like throwing quick passes to Tyreek Hill 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage and hoping he breaks a tackle when it's 3rd and 3.  Why do we keep doing that?  Our runs are sometimes just too cute.  When you're running clock, you don't need these big sweeps where you risk losing yardage.  It completely shrinks the playbook on 3rd down.

Our offensive line was in shambles.  I believe we were starting 4 backups.  Still, though, you gotta step up.  The difference was noticeable.  Sacks, hurries, QB/center exchange fumble.  The line was bad today.

But I think I'm gonna go with Chubb.  He made some great plays, but he directly gave 4 points to the other team for no reason other than selfishness because he didn't get a sack even though the team made the stop.  That tantrum lost the game, straight up.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 01:06:01 pm »

^^^ I agree but I'm going to bookmark this since you say so often one play doesn't win or lose a game.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2023, 01:27:58 pm »

^^^ I agree but I'm going to bookmark this since you say so often one play doesn't win or lose a game.

It doesn't.  I just think that one bothered me so much because it was just selfishness, completely avoidable, self-inflicted and directly resulted in points.  It really set the tone for the evening.

I would also say that Tua's fumble, the missed kick -- either of those would have saved it.
And there were a lot of problems with defense getting soft, not finding any solution for Hopkins, inability to scheme around the line play, wasted timeouts, play calling behind the line of scrimmage.

Any one of these things could have made the difference.  It was a 1 point game where everything had to go right for them and it did.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2023, 02:01:27 pm »

It's disappointing to go from one week where you can't come up with a single Shame of the Game, to this week where I could come up with 10.  Early on I thought it would easily be Chubb, but he did recover a fumble and other guys screwed up.

With such an all around failure I think you have to put the blame on the head coach, so i'll go with McDaniel.
AQNOR

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2023, 03:07:31 pm »

It doesn't.  I just think that one bothered me so much because it was just selfishness, completely avoidable, self-inflicted and directly resulted in points.  It really set the tone for the evening.

And you know what doubled down on that tone?   I didn't see McDaniel or an assistant coach chewing Chubb out on the sidelines.  Not one.   
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2023, 04:40:41 pm »

The whole team. We had coaching issues on both sides and the offense struggled all night. The defense gave up 2 freaking long drives in 4 minutes and still left almost 2 minutes for us to get a FG to win. Not only did they give up big plays with many yards after catch they didn't keep anyone in bounds to keep the clock running. It was complete failure IMO.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2023, 08:29:33 am »

From the NFL highlights package:

No sugar coating this one, it's a horrible loss that should not have happened. Yes there were injuries, but there were mistakes and moments where we sleepwalked through like we weren't really ready to do what we needed to. We still should have won this. That falls on bad coaching.

Chubb's thrown helmet was idiotic - his missed sack of the QB during the actual play was almost as horrendous. If I was going to pick out an individual player, he's an easy target. Eichenberg had some shocking moments on the OL (as did Jones at guard straight back from injury, he looked more than half a step off his better self)

What really pissed me off though was well after that, and when we had a good lead - the complete breakdown on the zone coverage when Hopkins got that long gain between Kohou and Ramsey. It was because of a complete lack of attention to detail of players (who we know are quite good) doing their bit in their zone. They stopped doing their job. They weren't alone in those last two scoring drives of the Titans.

When you see the elaborate touchdown celebrations the last two weeks (the roller coaster, and today the wheelbarrow race) it's easy to be pissed off when you see the same players being so slack at the stuff that really matters. Like I said, that falls back to coaching - so McDaniel and Fangio get my shames of the week.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray