Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:07:53 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Saturday Action
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Saturday Action  (Read 362 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 16, 2023, 10:39:40 am »

Three very intriguing games. 

Too bad I’m stuck at work today

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 01:15:58 pm »

I think that this just isn't a traditional year, so by traditional standards, I realize that you'd just blanket root for AFC teams to lose to NFC teams, but we have a multiple game lead on the Bengals and they don't have a QB.  If we don't make it in the playoffs, because of them, it was because we weren't good enough, so I don't think it matters.

I do think there's value in having the Bills stressing at all these other teams with the same record, especially since the Bills have lost the head-to-head.

So, I'm cool with the Bengals winning today.

Steelers/Colts -- This is a very important game for both of these teams, but for the Dolphins chances, I don't think it really matters.  As it stands now, the Steelers are 1 spot ahead of the Colts because of tiebreakers, so I guess you'd want the Steelers to apply the maximum amount of pressure to the Bills.

With the Broncos, I think we want them to win.  We have a two game lead and a tiebreaker, which essentially means we're three games up.   Meanwhile, they have the tiebreaker over the Bills.  There isn't a universe where the Broncos catch up where getting into the playoffs then matters, so I think we're rooting for the AFC today, as strange as it sounds.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 06:19:38 pm »

I'm watching college football today.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray