Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:59:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Epstein List
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Epstein List  (Read 539 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: December 21, 2023, 04:48:21 pm »

Although I do not ever expect to happen ... a judge ruled in favor of unsealing over 170 names connected to Epstein which should shed new light on the late financier's sex trafficking operation. A woman, identified as 'Doe 107' in court documents, sent a letter on Wednesday to Judge Loretta Preska claiming she lives in a "culturally conservative" country and would fear for her safety if her name were revealed. What the hell does that even mean? We should be more liberal in our views towards having sex with kids?

I think it's pretty sad that so many public records can be easily sealed like they have been. We're not talking about showing victims of sexual abuse pictures. Just factual logs and statements.

Do any of you think it will ever be released or do you think it should be covered up for whatever reason?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 04:51:28 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 11:21:35 pm »

The list includes victims, employees,  witnesses etc. I really don't care. I doubt it will be as exciting as the initial headline makes it.

As I understand it, Jane Doe 107 is a victim. I think she has every right to protect her identity if she wishes.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 11:28:29 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 11:28:30 pm »

We've already seen plenty of pictures of people "connected to" Epstein and no one seems to care.
The guy was clearly pretty well-entrenched in high society, even among people who weren't using his illegal services.  When you go around making it rain like he did, you're going to be popular with a lot of important people.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2023, 11:13:02 am »

You've got it backwards, CF.

Doe 107 is a victim.

Culturally-conservative country doesn't mean liberal/conservative like in American Politics.  It could mean that sex victims are shunned or blamed for the crimes against them.  Or it could mean that those in power that had connections to the ring would smear her name.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2023, 03:10:37 pm »

I didn't get that she was a victim in the original article I read.  I have no issue with victims being left out even if it's not a safety issue. I think "victim's" rights outweigh public record but I would love to have everyone associated with him outed.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2023, 11:47:25 am »

Although I do not ever expect to happen ... a judge ruled in favor of unsealing over 170 names connected to Epstein which should shed new light on the late financier's sex trafficking operation. A woman, identified as 'Doe 107' in court documents, sent a letter on Wednesday to Judge Loretta Preska claiming she lives in a "culturally conservative" country and would fear for her safety if her name were revealed. What the hell does that even mean? We should be more liberal in our views towards having sex with kids?

I think it's pretty sad that so many public records can be easily sealed like they have been. We're not talking about showing victims of sexual abuse pictures. Just factual logs and statements.

Do any of you think it will ever be released or do you think it should be covered up for whatever reason?

He was very rich and well connected. Thos does not mean that everyone on the list engaged in illegal activities with him, nor does it mean they knew about or condoned his actions.
People are acting like a list of names equates to criminal activity.
This is quest for the list is nothing but a witch hunt.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2023, 07:56:31 pm »

Anyone who was actively engaged and/or knew what he was doing, by all means.

I fear that this is going to just be influential, rich people that were rubbing elbows and have nothing to do with whatever shitty things he was into.  I think these uber wealthy people just hang out with each other and stop by each other's private jets and islands, so I don't think there's a lot of value in just crucifying anyone who ever shook Epstein's hand or took a picture with him or ended up at a party where he was.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray