Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 10:45:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  What we REALLy want today and tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What we REALLy want today and tomorrow  (Read 727 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 24, 2023, 01:10:26 am »

People in the last few weeks have been actively rooting for results that hurt Miami’s chances.  Allow me to be the voice of reason

1) KC over LV. We want KC to keep winning.  We want them to be in contention for the number one seed come week 18, so the Ravens will have something to play for against the Steelers

2) Falcons over Colts.  No brainer.  It’s NFC vs AFC

3) Patriots over Broncos.  

4) 49ers over Ravens.  I already explained why

The one game that is unsure of is Cleveland and Houston

The Steelers losing means that Miami is almost guaranteed to make to tiebreakers.  The only way this could be avoided is if the Colts and Texans tie in Week 18.

Miami’s head to head victory against Denver is worthless in a multi-team tiebreaker

Miami will come out on the short end of almost every tiebreaker because of their weak schedule

« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 06:51:08 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Denver2

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2023, 08:50:05 pm »

Still don’t matter a bit.

#1 or bust!

( playoffs regardless!!!! Wooooo )
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2023, 01:04:02 am »

A BAL win over SF has better potential upside for the organization.

At the end of the season, if MIA is 13-4 they are the #1 seed.  If they are 12-5 the #1 seed is probably out of reach.  If they are 11-6 they are probably a wildcard team.  The result of BAL vs. SF does not really change these outcomes.

BUT

If BAL beats SF and MIA wins out, not only will the Dolphins be the #1 seed, but the players will also likely be frontrunners for many individual awards that I would like to see them receive.

So that's what I'm rooting for.  Call me greedy, but I want to see this team flex & clinch the #1 seed and a bunch of awards en route to a Super Bowl run.
All in or nothing.

edit:  Actually, there is a better scenario that is worth rooting for even more.  If:

- KC loses vs. LV, and
- BAL loses @ SF, and
- CLE loses vs. NYJ on Thursday

... the winner of MIA @ BAL will clinch the #1 seed.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 01:45:25 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2023, 07:59:30 pm »

One of the things that the Dallas Sports media talked about earlier in the year was how teams have fared after playing the 49'ers, win or lose. I believe that almost every single team has lost after playing the 49'ers over the last 2 years. The theory is that the 49'ers are such a physically imposing team they just wear you out and the following week is a tough one regardless of whether you win or lose. Might not be much to that theory, but I'd still like to see it play out, so personally I'm hoping the Ravens/49'ers game is one of the most physical defensive struggles ever. Like 3-0 regardless of who wins and that the Ravens are plenty banged up to play the Dolphins next week. If the Ravens win it's probably even better for the Dolphins as I think they will be riding high after a win against the 49'ers and might overlook the Dolphins a bit.

I'm really hoping the Dolphins can either beat the Ravens or the Bills lose to New England so that Miami has already won the AFCE before playing the Bills. I expect to get the Bills best effort regardless but I would rather the Dolphins already know they won the AFCE so the game doesn't really mean much except for seeding. That why I think Miami plays loose and if things get out of hand it really doesn't even matter.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 08:02:47 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray