Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:35:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Immigrants in Maine get free rent for two years
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Immigrants in Maine get free rent for two years  (Read 1184 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 29, 2024, 11:38:20 pm »

This is disgusting.  Absolutely disgusting.  We are working our tails off, while they get everything paid for?  

I salute Greg Abbott in Texas for fighting back against this tyrannical president.  This border crisis is out of control and liberals just want to keep letting people through. They don’t care who has to pay for it.  They don’t care about filling up schools.

I hope this governor stands up for what is right.

MAGA 2024

Edit, it’s not just Maine.  Texas is being overrun.  Joe Biden is encouraging this to happen.  He is actively making the problem worse.  My state is also being overrun. Our governor asked people to house illegal immigrants.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 07:24:29 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 01:26:23 am »

1. Joe Biden, the President of the United States, has nothing to do with a program created and administered by the state of Maine.
2. You are not a Maine taxpayer, so the financial cost of this program nothing to do with you.  If voters in Maine are unhappy with the policy decisions of their duly elected officials, they can vote them out at the next election.

Denver2

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 01:45:15 am »

Give it to everyone then shit
“I suffer through capitalism’s cost of living crisis therefore so should others”
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 01:47:33 am by Denver2 » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2024, 09:00:41 am »

Two of the three posts in this thread come from folks who clearly have their head lodged up their backside. Only Spidey isn't speaking with a thick rectal accent...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2024, 11:45:01 am »

I believe Denver is being sardonic.

There is an immigration bill that is bipartisan.  Full details coming soon, but it gives president powers to shut down the border, requires border shutdown if numbers get too high, money for additional judges to process people, changes to timelines, more money for security, increased fentanyl screening technology.  Do you support it, D4L?  It's the choice that's in front of lawmakers right now.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 12:13:58 pm by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Denver2

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2024, 01:15:01 pm »

I believe Denver is being sardonic.

There is an immigration bill that is bipartisan.  Full details coming soon, but it gives president powers to shut down the border, requires border shutdown if numbers get too high, money for additional judges to process people, changes to timelines, more money for security, increased fentanyl screening technology.  Do you support it, D4L?  It's the choice that's in front of lawmakers right now.

Yes thank you Dave I was.

I’ve struggled with rent a lot in my life and had to work hard for it, I don’t want others to have to deal with that i think the problem needs to be addressed and I’d rather have rent subsidies than people sleeping outside..

Regardless the proposed bill is tougher than I would
Be on immigration it’s clearly an olive branch to the right but they are gonna nuke the bill because they don’t want to deal with the issue they want it as a fear tactic and it will never go far enough for them until immigration from “brown” countries is zero.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2024, 01:34:01 pm »

There is very little bipartisanship in the bill Dave.  It is being said that Speaker is saying it is dead on arrival.  Trump and his cronies are not going to give Democrats a win on border security just before the election. They have put politics before the country. Check it out D4L and then let me hear more uninformed immigration MAGA bullshit.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2024, 01:39:36 pm »

Be on immigration it’s clearly an olive branch to the right

It's more than an olive branch.  It's a conservative bill and pretty much gives them everything they're ever going to get.  The right will never get a better bipartisan deal on the border.  I don't even think the progressives are going to vote for it.

This is so weird.  The GOP sent James Lankford (the 2nd most conservative Senator) to go get a bipartisan deal, he went and worked one out that checks all their boxes, and now the Oklahoma GOP is censuring him for it.  What a laughable group of dipshits.  They don't want to solve this problem.  They want to highlight it and then not do anything so they can keep people mad about it.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2024, 03:21:19 pm »

There is very little bipartisanship in the bill Dave.  It is being said that Speaker is saying it is dead on arrival.  Trump and his cronies are not going to give Democrats a win on border security just before the election. They have put politics before the country. Check it out D4L and then let me hear more uninformed immigration MAGA bullshit.
It's not just Trumpers but the Democrats keep trying to make people think it is. Many of us don't like it including non-Trumpers and Independents. There should be zero tolerance at the borders in our mind. Seek asylum through the proper channels and if you enter illegally it should automatically disqualify you until you can come back legally. It's kind of sad that we force little Suzie to have the correct shots even though they can be dangerous for her yet when we allow millions of illegal non Americans to walk free in our country with none of the shots. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2024, 03:25:52 pm »

There should be zero tolerance at the borders in our mind. Seek asylum through the proper channels and if you enter illegally it should automatically disqualify you until you can come back legally.

This isn't a choice.

You either have the rules you have now or you have the bill that is suggested, that is a conservative bill.  Trump doesn't like it and the far left doesn't like it because it's too Draconian.  It's not independents that have an issue.  This is as conservative a bill with things to cover just about everything you want.

The reason that the GOP won't support it is because Trump wants this to continue to be a problem.  He said so.  Therefore, they will get in trouble with him if they support it, so they won't even put their own bill up for a vote.  They don't want to solve the problems.  THEY SAY THIS!!!!

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2024, 06:39:39 pm »

It really seems like you guys think Independents are all moderate. There are a ton of "libertarian" type people who are registered as Independent and are more conservative than the average Republican where it comes to things like this.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 07:01:43 pm »

...What a laughable group of dipshits.

Thank you, sir.  I had been looking for a succinct way of describing the GOP party since Trump came on the scene. I thought that maybe something along the lines of "those something, something, spineless cowards" or perhaps some poignant way of saying that much of the republican party has become detached from reality.

So yeah..."a laughable group of dipshits" about covers it.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2024, 12:21:52 am »

There should be zero tolerance at the borders in our mind. Seek asylum through the proper channels and if you enter illegally it should automatically disqualify you until you can come back legally.
Then you don't respect the law.

International law, to which the United States is a signatory, clearly states that immigrants seeking asylum may enter the country any way they are able to, then legally request asylum after getting here.  If you don't agree with existing law, then pass a new one changing it.

All of the people up in arms about "illegal" immigrants are dead-set against following the law as it applies to legally seeking asylum, as well as the laws that say that the federal government (not the states) has jurisdiction over the border.  This is because the operative word in "illegal immigrant" isn't illegal, but rather immigrant.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 12:25:19 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2024, 09:34:42 am »

Then you don't respect the law.

International law, to which the United States is a signatory, clearly states that immigrants seeking asylum may enter the country any way they are able to, then legally request asylum after getting here.  If you don't agree with existing law, then pass a new one changing it.

All of the people up in arms about "illegal" immigrants are dead-set against following the law as it applies to legally seeking asylum, as well as the laws that say that the federal government (not the states) has jurisdiction over the border.  This is because the operative word in "illegal immigrant" isn't illegal, but rather immigrant.
Wow ... so much CNN bullshit in one post. It's amazing to me you guys can tie your shoes without their permission because it doesn't seem like you have an original thought. There is absolutely no way to debate someone who makes crap up.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2024, 10:35:49 am »

^^^ You can actually look it up and see the truth for yourself, rather than stonewall with horseshit. Starting here (https://www.uscis.gov/laws-and-policy) would help.

You know, if you actually want the truth (jury's hung on that issue). Your call...

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray