Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:31:52 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Defensive Coordinator Anthony Weaver
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Defensive Coordinator Anthony Weaver  (Read 528 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: February 16, 2024, 09:28:22 am »

Anthony Weaver gave his first press conference yesterday and it saying all the right things. Among those is how he plans to use Jalen Ramsey.

During Weaver’s first media availability on Thursday, he was specifically asked about Ramsey, and he seems ecstatic to have him around.

“I mean, it’s Jalen Ramsey, come on now,” Weaver said. “You talk about prototype corners, he is that. Size, length, speed, competitiveness. The thing about him is I think he is your ultimate chess piece. So to have him just sit outside and be a field corner or boundary corner or something like that is a detriment to him. We got to find ways to move him around where he can be most impactful. We’re committed to doing that.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 08:05:50 pm »

I don't envy him.  The Dolphins will start the season with 2 key defenders on IR for at least 8 weeks.  Additionally, probably the loss of 2 other defensive starters due to salary cap issues.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 05:04:35 am »

Some good, and mainly bad in all of that... it's all about Rasmey and Phillips, and nothing about X, or anyone else in the secondary, or anyone else on defense for that matter.

Jalen Ramsey has big shoulders, but this could potentially go really bad, really fast.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 05:46:18 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
kidDyn0mite

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 04:25:57 pm »

I don't envy him.  The Dolphins will start the season with 2 key defenders on IR for at least 8 weeks.  Additionally, probably the loss of 2 other defensive starters due to salary cap issues.
if those are concerns at the start of the season then the front office failed the offseason
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 09:44:38 pm »

Loses so far ...

DT Christian Wilkins
CB Xavian Howard
LB Andrew Van Ginkel
S Brandon Jones
LB Jerome Baker
LB Emmanuel Ogbah
CB Keion Crossen

Also - DT Raekwon Davis.

That's quite a few more than two defensive starters who have departed this offseason already.

Either Anthony Weaver will be a miracle worker, or he will be lucky to last the season out.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 06:26:32 am »

And now Weaver will be relegated to one season and done; I wonder if he would have taken the job knowing what was going to happen in FA.
Garrett

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 10:57:28 pm »

You all act like these guys are going to be replaced by practice squd guys. The only big loss is Wilkins.  The rest will all be  replaced by free agency, and  the draft. Possibly,  by better players. Most of the guys we lost, were mediocre players.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 09:04:05 am »

You all act like these guys are going to be replaced by practice squd guys. The only big loss is Wilkins.  The rest will all be  replaced by free agency, and  the draft. Possibly,  by better players. Most of the guys we lost, were mediocre players.

Yeah that's pretty good in theory but... (in salary cap terms) we're basically broke. All those guys left, we restructured contracts, and we're barely below the cap.

Look at what $$$ those guys have signed for on other teams, and we have got in return so far... what? The best is a 33 year old guy on a 1 year contract. All have been bargain basement signings. We literally are close enough to replacing them with practice squad and draft players.

Like I said elsewhere, we lost 7 starters on defense, but the kicker is 5 of them were only 4-6 years into their careers after we drafted them. They were 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks during our rebuild. You just don't replace that overnight  Add Hunt to that from the OL, and this week has been a disaster.

We all act like we're upset, but it's for a damn good reason.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray