Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 02:23:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  I think OBJ is a nothing signing.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I think OBJ is a nothing signing.  (Read 816 times)
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2024, 05:40:17 am »

This is a gigantic meh signing for me.

We just added two at the WR position in the draft, and now have 11 on the list competing for 6 spots. Assuming that Hill, Waddle and OBJ have three of those, that's 8 competing for 3 spots - which is a total waste of what limited resources we have, given what we have lost during the offseason.

Yeah, OBJ may be a great mate of Hill at Pro Bowls and off the field... but in the locker room we will see. Hill got a hell of a lot of targets last year chasing his record breaking 2000 yard goal, and he will want that again next season. Will OBJ be happy with limited targets? (especially with a incentive based contract and a low - for him -  $3M base). Where does this leave Waddle?

On the surface, I see this as Grier pandering to wonderboy McDaniel, getting the spoiled brat another toy that he decided he wants. Sometime, they have to find the money to pay the basics like the rent (or in this case, the offensive line and the defense).

Yeah, in theory this may be a low risk / high reward gamble... or it could all go sour in a big hurry.   
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray