Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:27:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Free Agents
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Free Agents  (Read 2649 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2024, 12:27:00 pm »

I assumed he meant Fangio failed as a coach...but I also was unsure.  Bellichek is arguably the best ever.  The curmudgeon style might be aging out, but the dude got it done.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2024, 01:40:45 pm »

And Bill Belichick is a cranky old man with power issues just like Fangio. You see where he is. that's why he failed as a head coach. Fangio's retirement most likely isn't far behind.

driven from the league in shame
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2024, 03:53:09 pm »

I assumed he meant Fangio failed as a coach...but I also was unsure.  Bellichek is arguably the best ever.  The curmudgeon style might be aging out, but the dude got it done.
Yes. It was poorly written

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2024, 05:50:03 am »

So part of that money we saved in the recent restructures has gone to... Kader Kohou, who got paid the fifth largest performance bonus in the NFL last season for starting 16 games.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kader-kohou-earns-nfl-5th-185552505.html
https://www.thephinsider.com/2024/4/4/24121519/miami-dolphins-cb-kader-kohou-cashes-in-with-performance-based-pay-bump

"Opposing quarterbacks completed 84 percent of passes when targeting Kohou in coverage. He surrendered 791 yards and seven touchdowns, according to PFF..."

Well, that's money well spent. (Yes, I'm being sarcastic).

I mean good on the kid to have that written in his contract - but we really are up shit creek when we can't hang on to the players we need and do this.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2024, 12:22:53 pm »

So part of that money we saved in the recent restructures has gone to... Kader Kohou, who got paid the fifth largest performance bonus in the NFL last season for starting 16 games.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kader-kohou-earns-nfl-5th-185552505.html
https://www.thephinsider.com/2024/4/4/24121519/miami-dolphins-cb-kader-kohou-cashes-in-with-performance-based-pay-bump

"Opposing quarterbacks completed 84 percent of passes when targeting Kohou in coverage. He surrendered 791 yards and seven touchdowns, according to PFF..."

Well, that's money well spent. (Yes, I'm being sarcastic).

I mean good on the kid to have that written in his contract - but we really are up shit creek when we can't hang on to the players we need and do this.

This was not something he had written into his specific contract it is part of the CBA and it doesn’t count against the salary cap.

Any player that is at the top of this list is a bargain for the team, it means you have a very low paid player that is playing a large number of snaps, might indicate you have other higher paid players not playing much (which is an indication of poor allocation of resources) but the player collecting a large performance bonus is not the problem.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2024, 02:55:08 pm »

^^^^ correct. He was an undrafted signee and played very well in his first season. This past season he was playing another position because we were in such bad shape and was exposed. Either way, he's been a bargain for Miami as far as salary.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2024, 09:31:32 am »

Yeah sorry guys, I missed the mark with that rant.

It's just we've been so bad this offseason, it seemed like one of our usual snafu moments.

Ps. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief we offered OBJ a contract when there are so many other pressing needs...
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2024, 10:53:51 am »

Yeah sorry guys, I missed the mark with that rant.

It's just we've been so bad this offseason, it seemed like one of our usual snafu moments.

Ps. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief we offered OBJ a contract when there are so many other pressing needs...
I have no idea how much we are offering OBJ but the guesses by media members are around 7-8 million a year. If that's the case then I have no issue with it. If it's the 18 million given to him by Baltimore then I'd balk.

Denver2

Email
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2024, 07:22:42 pm »

Yeah some of the losses hurt. Especially Wilkins but I’m not mad with X gone.

I think Fuller will be better. I think we added some good depth and special teams players.

If we can land OBJ or a good 3rd WR and get the best player available in the draft I think we can do just fine on offense.

This is the dolphins so I won’t be surprised at 4-13 next year lol but I don’t think it’s reason to think the sky is falling.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray