Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:55:03 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Yesterday (3-13-2000) was the 24th anniversary of Dan Marino's retirement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Yesterday (3-13-2000) was the 24th anniversary of Dan Marino's retirement  (Read 783 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2024, 11:08:51 pm »

I came to the realization the other day that I very well may live my life a hardcore Dolphins fan and die, never seeing them win.

Even though that's probably not mathematically likely, I think it's starting to become reasonable to expect that they never win while I'm still young enough to enjoy it.  I may be breathing, but will I still be keeping up with the team???
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 12:06:06 pm by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2024, 04:16:12 am »

Yep, it's a test of what you really are as a Dolphins fan.

There was so much promise after the draft pick goldmine from the Tunsil trade... and then we pissed it all away. The ironic thing is what was a basket case of a franchise involved with that trade is now closer to a Superbowl success than us, and he will likely be a major part of it.

I'm fully resigned to a horrible couple of seasons ahead, followed by a coach and QB sacking, rinse and repeat. I don't want it by any means.. but I can see it coming.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2024, 03:07:45 pm »

The ironic thing is what was a basket case of a franchise involved with that trade is now closer to a Superbowl success than us, and he will likely be a major part of it.
There is additional irony in that, despite the previous three years of contention for worst-team-in-league, after one year of a 10-7 division title and a wild card win at home, you've seen enough to be convinced that HOU is better off than MIA for years to come.

If fortunes can change that drastically that quickly, why are you convinced that the Dolphins are doomed?

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2024, 07:50:52 pm »

If fortunes can change that drastically that quickly, why are you convinced that the Dolphins are doomed?

To sum that up in a single a word - Ross.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2024, 10:06:34 pm »

I don't know why you would have more confidence in Texans' owner Cal McNair than in Stephen Ross.  McNair has been worse in nearly every regard.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2024, 02:21:00 pm »

I don't know why you would have more confidence in Texans' owner Cal McNair than in Stephen Ross.  McNair has been worse in nearly every regard.

Yet, they seem to be in a better place than us right now.

Has their Head honcho cost them any draft picks during his mess ups like ours has?

Don't throw stones when you have glass houses...
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2024, 12:13:02 pm »

They won a single home playoff game while finishing with a worse record in a worse division, gifting them a division title that MIA would have if they were in the AFCS.

Why are you so high on the Texans?

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2024, 06:38:28 am »

They won a single home playoff game while finishing with a worse record in a worse division, gifting them a division title that MIA would have if they were in the AFCS.

Why are you so high on the Texans?

They have a young team stacked with talent. A Pro-Bowl QB on a rookie contract for a few more years with a franchise LT (courtesy of us) to protect his blind side. They have space to add more (and they just did, with Diggs at surprisingly little cost). On the other hand, we're losing talent quick!

They are in a weaker division, but that should do them favors in building a better W-L record. They already won a playoff game - I don't give a rats who it was against or how they did it, but they did, which is more than we can say for way too long to remember. They beat three times as many playoff teams as we did last year (which is not saying much... we only beat Dallas).

They are on the up, while we are clearly not. They can add to their team, while we are trying to work out if/how to keep Tua, and who else we will lose in the process.

Ps. At the Pro Bowl games C.J. Stroud was very impressive, easily the best of the AFC QBs who were there. Tua acted like he was disinterested, was horribly inaccurate, and looked like an overweight slob. I've been a Tua supporter from the start (and shouldn't be fat-shaming anyone) but it was a horrible look from who is supposed to be our franchise QB.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray