Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 10:13:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Is this site satire?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is this site satire?  (Read 914 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15219



« on: August 23, 2026, 11:32:53 am »

According to AI

Quote

The Dolphins Make Me Cry (TDMMC) is a long-running, fan-operated satirical website and active daily community forum created for frustrated fans of the Miami Dolphins NFL franchise


The rest sounds about right, but I didn't think the site was satire.

mod edit: fixed quote tag
« Last Edit: August 23, 2026, 12:32:57 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 8773



« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2026, 09:27:54 am »

According to AI

The rest sounds about right, but I didn't think the site was satire.

mod edit: fixed quote tag
I'm curious what you asked AI to get this answer. Much of the answer you get from AI has to do with how you frame the question which is why AI can give false or misleading answers at times. You have to be very specific about what you are asking to get very specific answers. If you let AI try to figure out what you are asking, you'll tend to get vague or multiple responses. For example you should start out your question with a little background before the question itself for AI to understand the context of your question. I find when I do that I tend to get very good results.

For instance when I asked this question "I'm thinking of joining a website called the dolphins make me cry, what should I expect?", I got this reply.

"You should expect a long‑running, snarky, deeply opinionated Miami Dolphins fan community built around message‑board culture — not a modern social media platform. It’s one of those old‑school NFL fan sites that survived because the people using it never left. Core takeaway: TDMMC (“The Dolphins Make Me Cry”) is a sarcastic, tight‑knit Dolphins fan forum with daily discussion, heavy banter, and decades of shared misery."

Sounds about right to me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2026, 09:37:14 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15219



« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2026, 01:26:13 pm »

I typed "the dolphins make me cry" into Google.  I wasn't trying to promt ai, just get the website.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2026, 01:43:11 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 23028

Do you know what I am saying?


Email
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2026, 02:31:59 pm »



Satire:  No
Snarky and Deeply Opinionated?   Yes


Logged

"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!"
~Long Duk Dong
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2026, 09:33:07 pm »

While the name is satirical I don't think the site in the current form is. There were definitely aspects of it in the past though.
Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31359

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2026, 10:44:03 am »

It used to have satirical aspects, back when we were known for the Ring of Dishonor and Goat Trailer, as they were mirrored after other traditional awards.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Denver2
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 860


Email
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2026, 11:37:39 am »

It used to have satirical aspects, back when we were known for the Ring of Dishonor and Goat Trailer, as they were mirrored after other traditional awards.

Long before GOAT became what it is now.

I always thought the site was satirical. It’s definitely different than most fan sites as you can see by the header images.
Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines