Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:23:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Re: Circle of life?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Re: Circle of life?  (Read 2472 times)
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« on: January 29, 2006, 12:40:24 am »

I just thought I'd gravedig this, since we are closer to the draft now, than when I first posted it.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 09:47:28 am »

I just thought I'd gravedig this, since we are closer to the draft now, than when I first posted it.

Smart idea.  I think Croyle will turn out to be a very good NFL QB.  Notice he was totally lighting it up at the beginning of the season (like Drew Weatherford at FSU), then his performance slipped a little after the Florida game when Bama's star RB was injured, then he totally tanked late in the season due to some of his starting O-Line getting hurt as well as Pothro.  He is accurate and distributes the ball well.  Behind a line coached by Hudson Houck, he will have enough time to get rid of the ball.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 03:25:49 pm »

I haven't seen him except for his bowl game. I wasn't overly impressed. I know it was only one game but I was specificly watching for him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
The_Phinatic

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 09:15:16 am »

More importantly then all that - how many front teeth is he missing?

Watch it!  Alabama may be a little redneck but we didn't start the drinking $3 coffee craze like Seattle.

Croyle has an NFL arm, but he is very injury prone.  He missed his Senior year in High School and 2 years of college ball.  He is not a good size for the NFL either.  Too small. 

He's from good stock -- his dad played at UA too and is known here as one of the best people in the State (owns a Ranch for boys who need help).  It's easy to like Croyle, but he is a big risk because of his size and injury history.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 12:19:26 pm »

Watch it!  Alabama may be a little redneck but we didn't start the drinking $3 coffee craze like Seattle.

Croyle has an NFL arm, but he is very injury prone.  He missed his Senior year in High School and 2 years of college ball.  He is not a good size for the NFL either.  Too small. 

He's from good stock -- his dad played at UA too and is known here as one of the best people in the State (owns a Ranch for boys who need help).  It's easy to like Croyle, but he is a big risk because of his size and injury history.
The size and injury concerns were exactly why we took Ronnie instead of Cadillac.  I'm sure that is a high priority risk factor for Saban to look at.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray