Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:03:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Re: Goat of the Year
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Re: Goat of the Year  (Read 6617 times)
JMoney13

JMoney134u
Email
« on: January 19, 2006, 04:50:50 pm »

Stockar McDougle...the biggest FA bust we had this year.

2005 TDMMC Fantasy Baseball Champion
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 02:42:49 pm »

Who had high expectations of Frerotten?  Right or wrong, the quarterback is the most emphasized position.  People talk about which QB has the all time record for regular season wins, but never which OT has the same distinction.  QBs "win" Super Bowls, the rest of the team merely plays in them.  That emphasis puts Gus directly in the gunsights, but I'm a bad shot so I'm going with McDougle or Boston.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 02:50:18 pm »

Ah, I understand completely...guess he'll be a Raider next season.  Wink

Sunstroke - you might know if this is true.  Legend has it that the old Oakland Raiders did so well with castoffs and trouble-makers because the veteran players were eager to take any problems out behind the equipment shed and deliver an attitude adjustment.  If a player was causing problems his choices were clear, shape-up, get his ass beat every day, or quit. 

True or just Raider lore?

I hate the Raiders organization, but this is pretty cool. (link)

It is because I want the Raiders to do poorly that I can stand up and proudly proclaim, "LONG LIVE AL DAVIS!"

As the NUMBER ONE obstacle to the success of the Raiders, I hope he is immortal! 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 02:55:34 pm by run_to_win » Logged

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 06:03:38 pm »

As I have said, the Raiders' fight song is the only classy thing about their organization.

It is really good.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 06:14:48 pm »

Sunstroke - you might know if this is true.  Legend has it that the old Oakland Raiders did so well with castoffs and trouble-makers because the veteran players were eager to take any problems out behind the equipment shed and deliver an attitude adjustment.  If a player was causing problems his choices were clear, shape-up, get his ass beat every day, or quit.  

True or just Raider lore?

I've heard enough people talk about it that I think some of it probably is true. Back in the 70's, some of the Raiders like Tatum, Sistrunk, Shell...those guys definitely had a reputation of taking care of problem teammates "in-house." In all fairness though, my Niners had a couple of guys (Tommy Hart, Dave Wilcox that I can remember off-hand) that did a lot of the same things.  I honestly think that type of "tough-love internal disciplining" was probably present in a lot of locker rooms in the 70's. Back then you could kick someone's ass with relatively little chance of a civil suit being lodged against ya.

I am also in total agreement with you about Methuselah Davis. I hope the evil bastard lives forever...

...preferably in pain.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 08:13:54 pm »

David Boston, huh?
I just don't see it.  I had no expectations, and that's exactly what I got.  He didn't hurt us.  He cost us nothing.

Ditto! 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray