Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:55:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Re: 06 Schedule
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Re: 06 Schedule  (Read 4328 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: January 12, 2006, 06:09:41 pm »

Big prediction on my part.... but all those games look winnable with the exception of Pittsburgh, Indy, and KC.  

13-3 and a first round bye baby!!!!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 12:44:43 am »

I hate to be the downer here, but I think we'll be a 7 or 8 win team next year.  We played way above expectation, but I think that we're going to have to go through some serious growing pains next year, and the schedule looks tough to me.

Buffalo Bills x 2: I have to figure we'll split with this team.  We did this year, and almost got swept.  Plus, divisional games are always tough.

New York Jets x 2: We might be able to sweep the Jets, but again, they always play us tough.  Depending on how Pennington comes back, I'd say this is one or two wins.

New England Patriots x 2: They are a far better team than we are, and let's be real: The only reason we beat them this year is because they didn't play their starters.  ...and that's okay...we still played tough.  I just see too big a gap to make up in one offseason for us to be at their level.

Jacksonville Jaguars - This will be a close game - one that we will probably lose.  They are a good team, but it's at home.

Tennessee Titans - Win.

Kansas City Chiefs - We'll lose.  The Chiefs are a better team than we are now, and we have always played poorly against them, ever since I can remember.  I think that their offensive style overpowers our defense.  We can't stop the run -- we can't win.

Green Bay Packers - Win.  They are in shambles.

Minnesota Vikings - I think we'll beat Minnesota, just because they have to go through a new coach, and they are on the decline.

Houston - We should beat Houston away.

Indianapolis Colts - Loss.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Loss.

Chicago Bears - I think we'll match up well with the Bears, because they'll have trouble scoring on us, but they are just doing too well to predict a win against -- especially away.

Detroit Lions - We'll beat the Lions; they suck.
----------

At the end of the day, I think we'll be a better team, but we'll have a worse record.

I drink your milkshake!
bsfins
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 03:30:47 am »

Kansas City Chiefs - We'll lose.  The Chiefs are a better team than we are now, and we have always played poorly against them, ever since I can remember.  I think that their offensive style overpowers our defense.  We can't stop the run -- we can't win.

We've owned thier arse,(especially at home) till the Wannstedt era,and we did let this years game slip away...but I agree with you.

I know we're 0-2 the last 2 times we've played them.We had a pretty good winning streak against them.

I think the injuries will will have a biggest impact on our record.I think our team might look pretty different by the start of next year.Lots of new players.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 03:32:48 am by bsfins » Logged
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 05:57:38 am »

dave, you seem to be way underestimating the team and nick saban's ability to coach. We will do better next season.

the first game we had against N.E was a winable game. could have won it to if the refs knew what they were doing. And the starters were in.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 05:59:59 am »

First off, I think there is no way to possible predict a record for next season. We have no ideas what changes we may make, or other teams may make.

Secondly, I agree with Dave that we may take a step back next year, and thats only because of trying to incorporate new people into plays.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 06:30:41 am »

I disagree with KC - I expect them, with a new coach and new staff, to be a completely different team.  For years, the Chiefs have been one of those "score a million points and who cares about defense" teams.  Herm Edwards is going to try to establish a defense, and I think it'll cost them.  I see the Chiefs rounding out the bottom of the west next season.  

I also think we'll beat Jax, Pitt, and the Bears.  The Bears are fakers with an easy schedule, and I expect us to be MUCH improved next season.  I also expect we'll split with the Pats, as they're on the downhill.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray