Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:27:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Re: Cadillac Wins Offensive Rookie of the Year
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Re: Cadillac Wins Offensive Rookie of the Year  (Read 3562 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: January 12, 2006, 06:06:39 pm »

I think a lot of writers were enamored with Cadillac's performance after the first few games and decided to just annoint him Rookie of the Year right then and there.  Why didn't they just crawl up into his ass???

This reminds me of the 94-95 NBA season with all the hype and hoopla of Grant Hill entering the league.  The NBA ended up pretty much giving him Rookie of the Year before the season even started because of his parents, his college, and the fact he was articulate and lived a clean live.  Then along comes this guy named Jason Kidd who was not as well known and guess what?  Kidd does MORE to help his team than Hill.  So what was the NBA's chicken shit solution???  CO-ROOKIES OF THE YEAR!!!!

Writers need to wait until the season is over before deciding who gets which awards.  
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 07:50:45 pm »

and the fact he was articulate and lived a clean live. 
Isn't this frowned upon in the NBA?

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 08:00:11 pm »

Isn't this frowned upon in the NBA?

LOL
Swish, 3 points, from the top of the key.  run_to_win 3, NBA 0.  We'll be back after these messages from Tostitos.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 12:52:52 am »

Surrounding cast has a lot to do with Rookie of the Year, and it has to....if the best rookie doesn't contribute as much -- you can't give him the award

It's an award of opportunity.  Cadillac's number was called, and he got the job done.  ...he greatly contributed to his team getting into the playoffs.

Think of it as the MVP for rookies -- Was Warner the best player in the league when he won?  Hell no.  But his team around him gave him a unique opportinuty to excell, and he made the most of it.

Such was the case with Caddy.

I drink your milkshake!
Jeno

S'up Bitches??

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 09:28:38 am »

I'd have to agree with Dave on that one.

But what you also have to remember is (providing that my memory serves), that the Dolphins had the choice of either Cadillac or Ronnie in the draft, and they chose Ronnie.

I think Cadillac is a great RB, but honestly i do believe that Ronnie's better, and in the long-run i think that will be proven.

Cadillan won the battle, but i believe that Ronnie'll win the war.

"Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, fuck him. What goes around comes around. He got his just rewards. He fucked me over, and my attitude is an eye for an eye."

Roy Keane - Manchester United
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle, Observer Monthly Magazine
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 11:16:39 am »

I think a lot of writers were enamored with Cadillac's performance after the first few games and decided to just annoint him Rookie of the Year right then and there.

Either that or they also looked at the 122 yds and 2 TDs he put up "at" Carolina in week 14, or the 150 and a TD he put up against Atlanta in week 16.

Or, more likely, the voters actually looked at his whole season and judged him worthy. 14 games, 1,178 rushing yards and 6 TDs for a team that made it to the playoffs...for a team that wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs without Cadillac in the backfield.

...sounds like he was deserving of the RoY award, imo.  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray