Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:09:29 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Re: Rumors, Rumors and More Rumors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Re: Rumors, Rumors and More Rumors  (Read 3271 times)
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« on: January 12, 2006, 09:03:16 am »

Also notable, there was some CFL QB who worked out for us a few weeks back. Casey Printers, I think was his name.

Printers signed a 3year deal with KC, so we can forget about him.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 06:02:03 pm »

herm edwards said that he was going to coach the jets up until the day before he signed with the chiefs. these are all strategic ploys to gain competitive advantage. until they actually sign on the dotted line to pay up that money, which by the way isn't until feb, they can say anything they want and aren't legally bound to it. there is no way that the texans will pass up signing vince young.

OK, but the problem with the Texans isn't Carr, it's their offensive line.  By getting rid of Carr and drafting Young, you're just putting the problem on someone else.  Of course Young is more mobile than Carr (the only one who can probably match him in mobility is Michael Vick).  But eventually, he'll take the same type of pounding.  
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 08:19:24 pm »

point is that they are rebuilding. from a business perspective, do you rebuild around bush or young? both are risky and no one really knows. bush isn't a full feature back, and questions around him are many if he can transition to a very physical nfl. what, crappy o line is better for bush than young? but the sure bet is that even if you miss on young, you are gonna sell out that very expensive stadium that has been sitting half full, for years to come. you are gonna sell a ton of merchandise, and have an incredibly marketable figure for the franchise with the local city. football is a business and texans aint gonna pass on a guaranteed return on investment.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 03:40:51 pm »

point is that they are rebuilding. from a business perspective, do you rebuild around bush or young? both are risky and no one really knows. bush isn't a full feature back, and questions around him are many if he can transition to a very physical nfl. what, crappy o line is better for bush than young? but the sure bet is that even if you miss on young, you are gonna sell out that very expensive stadium that has been sitting half full, for years to come. you are gonna sell a ton of merchandise, and have an incredibly marketable figure for the franchise with the local city. football is a business and texans aint gonna pass on a guaranteed return on investment.

I wouldn't call this a rebuilding stage.  They have some talent at QB, RB, WR, and DB.  Where they need help is on the lines, keeping in mind that the game is won and lost in the trenches.  There are some good O-Lineman out there in free agency and the draft.  Houston would be smart to play its cards close to the vest, but I still say Carr is in a Texans uniform next year.  
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray