Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:43:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Packers have a new coach.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Packers have a new coach.  (Read 4202 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: January 12, 2006, 05:54:13 pm »

Mike McCarthy, former Offensive Coordinator for the 49ers:

http://articles.news.aol.com/special1/article.adp?id=20060112171709990010

Honestly, I can't comment on this guy.  I have never heard of him and have no idea of the results his players achieved in his past positions.

One thing for sure.  Brett Farve will likely call it a career.  Any thoughts?
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 06:30:54 pm »

Mike McCarthy, former Offensive Coordinator for the 49ers:

http://articles.news.aol.com/special1/article.adp?id=20060112171709990010
 Brett Farve will likely call it a career.  Any thoughts?

Since Brett Favre's "arm" has already called it a career, I'm not sure it makes much difference.   The Packers are a fading franchise that needs more than just a new coach.  
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 06:35:26 pm »

This has pretty much been a done deal for about a week, and I'm not very happy about it. SF is in a major rebuilding mode (duh), and to lose your OC after his first season in that role kind of sucks. Despite the Niners serious offensive deficiencies this past season, I liked McCarthy. He's got almost as big a rebuilding job ahead in GB though...I wish him well in his first HC gig.

Another 49ers assistant that keeps getting talked about by other organizations for possible advancement into a coordinator position is our LB coach, Mike "bug-eyes" Singletary. I hope we don't lose him...I think he can do wonders with guys like Derek Smith and Jamie Winborn (and hopefully J-Pete, if he re-signs with SF)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 06:54:46 pm »

I was holding out for Jim Bates.  I was hoping he'd get the gig.  Too bad.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 07:48:14 am »

I was holding out for Jim Bates.  I was hoping he'd get the gig.  Too bad.

I was reading an article a day or two ago where the Packers told Jim Bates he was out of the running. I felt for the guy I wanted to see him get the gig as well!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 09:26:45 am »

I was reading an article a day or two ago where the Packers told Jim Bates he was out of the running. I felt for the guy I wanted to see him get the gig as well!!!!!

Especially since there was an article from the same day, from the same paper where Bates was talking about how optimisitc he was and how well the interview went. They used all the same filler content and just had new quotes from Bates.

That's the good/bad thing about being able to get newspaper stories hourly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray