Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:16:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  You're the GM - Philadelphia Eagles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You're the GM - Philadelphia Eagles  (Read 5256 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 13, 2006, 12:27:37 am »

What are your long/short term strengths/weaknesses?
What do you look for in the draft?
What offseason moves might you make?

GO!

I drink your milkshake!
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 04:53:25 am »

Philly is obviously set at QB, and the long term signing of Westbrook, as well as the spark Ryan Moats was at running back after the Westbrook injury, Philly seems pretty stable at those 2 skill positions. I would assume that they draft WR in the 1st. I don't know of any big time wideouts that hit the free agent market this season so i think it's a no-brainer. Their defense seems pretty solid still.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 05:02:22 am »

I don't know of any big time wideouts that hit the free agent market this season so i think it's a no-brainer. Their defense seems pretty solid still.

The name that keeps getting thrown around here in Philly is Eric Moulds. They also have an apparent weakness at linebacker, where other than Trotter, no on has played at a high level.

Personally, I also think their secondary is over rated. They had a few guys who made the pro-bowl in 2004, but disappeared this season.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 06:43:15 am »

They need another good corner, and obviously a WR.  They might be able to find a sucker to give them a boatload for TO, but I can't see anyone willing to trade for him if the Eagles are committed to release him March 1st.  

So, in the draft, you go for a WR, you go for a backup QB, a LB, and a CB.  I think they're set everywhere else.

If I were them, I'd try to push TO out, saying he'll be back as an Eagle next season, then try to deal him for a WR and some picks.  Vet WR's are always better than Rookies - look at Mason and Clayton in Baltimore.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 06:49:21 am »

You're the GM - Philadelphia Eagles

9:03 AM - I submit my resignation to the team President.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 06:51:47 am »

9:03 AM - I submit my resignation to the team President.

hahaha! Awesome!

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 07:53:46 am »

Trade TO to the Raiders for Jerry Porter or take a top tier wideout in the draft!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 10:37:04 am »

Trade McNabb for Frerotte,  draft a QB and let the fun begin!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 10:37:24 am by Thundergod » Logged
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 10:53:30 am »

# 1 - Find a pass rushing end opposite Jevon Kearse.  Jerome McDougle was hurt this year, and no one knows how good he truly is yet.
# 2 - Upgrade at outside linebacker.
# 3 - Use a first or second round pick on a bona fide running back (Lendale White, maybe?)
# 4 - Draft, like, 3 wide receivers and hope one sticks.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 02:40:02 pm »

Wholesale changes...

* I relocate the team to Oahu, HI.

* I change the team colors to ultraviolet and fleshtone, and change the mascot from an Eagle to a Macaw.

* I kill all of the Eagles fans (because they suck) and I fly in fans from Miami on Sundays to cheer for the Oahu Macaws.

* I beat Donovan McNabb's mother to death with a Chunky soup can.

* I find someone who believes that Westbrook is a good RB, and then I deal his munchkin ass and pick me up a real RB (like LenDale White) to carry the load.

* I negotiate a clause in the head coach's contract that states if he season-sweeps the Cowboys, his salary for that year doubles.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 04:01:51 pm »

*I try to get something for T.O. before releasing him in March when I have to pay him that huge roster bonus.

*I draft Michael Huff or a top tier LB with my first pick.  Good WR's can be had easily in free agency.  

*I tell T.O. to go f*** himself.  
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray