Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:43:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Linehan to rams????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Linehan to rams????  (Read 9194 times)
NYFan204

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« on: January 14, 2006, 06:01:00 pm »

Sources: Dolphins' Linehan emerges as Rams leaderESPN.com news services

Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator Scott Linehan has emerged as the favorite to land the head coaching job for the St. Louis Rams, league and team sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Linehan is not a lock for the job, Mortensen reported Saturday, but he had an impressive interview this week and the Rams are doing more research on the 42-year-old assistant who served previously as the Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator.

For the rest of the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2292192
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 06:22:31 pm »

Nooooooo!!!!    Cry
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 06:41:29 pm »

If they "really" wanted Linehan,  I think the Rams never would have let him get on the plane out of St Louis without a deal. I'm concerned that he interviewed well, but still think Linehan will be back next season.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 08:48:28 pm »

If they "really" wanted Linehan,  I think the Rams never would have let him get on the plane out of St Louis without a deal. I'm concerned that he interviewed well, but still think Linehan will be back next season.

I agree. I read that they really want Rivera from the Bears. They let it out that they want Linehan to improve negotiations with Rivera.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 09:02:50 pm »

I agree. I read that they really want Rivera from the Bears. They let it out that they want Linehan to improve negotiations with Rivera.

I also agree.  The Rams have said over and over again they want a defense minded coach.  Linehan does not fit that profile.  
Cdogg

Ckeating982
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 09:06:36 pm »

Hopefully Linehan will stick around for atleast one more year.  Although the Rams are looking for a defensive coordinator which isn't looking so good anymore, Jim Fassel was mentioned who wouldn't be a bad option either.  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 09:15:32 pm by Cdogg » Logged
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 09:16:28 pm »

I too believe Linehan will be back next year.  If not, well, Ol' Norv is once again available...(And I'm already dodging the tomatoes...)

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 09:23:13 pm »

I too believe Linehan will be back next year.  If not, well, Ol' Norv is once again available...(And I'm already dodging the tomatoes...)

Norv's specialty was using a running back. Well, now we have two excellent ones. I agree that Linehan improved as the year went on, but he relied on Gus a lot more than he did our runners, so I would gladly welcome Norv back.

Not just that, but he loves Tight Ends and we have one of the best in the league right now. A strong running game with a good Tight End puts less pressure on the QB, so if we draft and start a rookie, it would minimalize his growing pains.

But if Linehan stays, I won't be heartbroken.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 09:24:08 pm »

Not just that, but he loves Tight Ends

Are you talking about Norv or Sunstroke?  Wink

(sorry, I had to do it!)

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
NextSeason

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 10:42:18 pm »

I'd hate losing him so early in the rebuilding stage.  It's rather upsetting.  Doesn't he have a contract with us?  Do we benefit in any way because of it?
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 10:44:04 pm »

I'd hate losing him so early in the rebuilding stage.  It's rather upsetting.  Doesn't he have a contract with us?  Do we benefit in any way because of it?

Personnel are allowed to break contracts if it is a move "up" the chain (co-ordinator can leave to become a head coach)

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 12:20:02 am »

<------Throws 3 tomatoes at JVides:  "SPLAT"  

...wait lemme get a watermelon...
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 08:53:33 am »

If Norv comes back here, look for our buddy pothead to mysteriously disappear again.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 07:16:28 am »

Norv's specialty was using a running back. Well, now we have two excellent ones. I agree that Linehan improved as the year went on, but he relied on Gus a lot more than he did our runners, so I would gladly welcome Norv back.

Not just that, but he loves Tight Ends and we have one of the best in the league right now. A strong running game with a good Tight End puts less pressure on the QB, so if we draft and start a rookie, it would minimalize his growing pains.

But if Linehan stays, I won't be heartbroken.

We already had one of these running backs and the tight end when Norv was here before, and the offense sucked then as bad as it would now if he came back. The guy was a complete product of the Dallas Cowboys organization. He has been a flop everywhere he coached since then and people still call him an offensive genius? Not one single coach (to my knowledge) who left that Dallas team has gone on to be a success anywhere else. I think that speaks volumes.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 08:44:52 am »

Are you talking about Norv or Sunstroke?  Wink

(sorry, I had to do it!)

Can't speak for ol' Norv, but I can confirm half of that statement.   Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray