Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 03:47:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  COLTS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: COLTS  (Read 9511 times)
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 05:01:30 pm »

I am officially disgusted.  From total jubilation to complete and utter sickness, and back.  Indy blew it.  Pittsburgh played above their heads and punched the Colts in their mouth.  

Congrats Steelers, I'll be pulling for ya in Denver but realistically speaking you just opened up the door to the Super Bowl for the Broncos.  I hope I'm wrong,  congrats Denver on being AFC champs.  

I'm gonna go super glue my nostrils together now Maine...
The best team is going to Superbowl 40. More to come, stay tuned.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2006, 06:39:06 pm »

Tommy,  Cowher has been to how many AFC championships and lost?  If he lost he wouldn't have been fired,  why would you fire a coach that gets you to the playoffs year in and year out?  They would have lost to a better team and firing a guy by these standards is just plain stupid.  

I disagree.  It's not so much that he lost, it's THE WAY THAT HE LOST that would've cost him his job if Pitt had blown the game today.  Look at what I posted previously.  Getting outplayed is one thing.  But to lose a game you have in the bag because your play calling resulted in a botched play is inexcusable.  Especially in the playoffs.  The Steelers should've taken a knee three times and that would've left Indy at their 2 with seconds to play and no timeouts.  Only a fleeting chance to score if you ask me.  
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 06:41:27 pm by YoFuggedaboutit » Logged
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 10:35:09 am »

I'm, uh...with the God of Thunder here.  The Manning bashing is a bit ridiculous.  No one throws lasers to covered receivers with a DE on his right shoulder and a DT in his face.  When Manning gets time, he's lethal.  When he doesn't, he's human.  The ALMIGHTY Tom Brady played like a dog when the Broncos got in his face.  He played like a dog last season when the Dolphins blitzed him silly.  Any one of you on this message board would jump for joy if the Dolphins somehow got Manning.  #18 jersey sales would be ridiculous.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 12:15:35 pm »

OMFG has the goldenboy/ posterboy have you people fooled or what.lol

First off this is nothing personal against manning, this is about performance on the field.

Number 1- Enough with the excuses about pressure being in his face, the blitzing and all this other crap. Isnt that what the einstein of the NFL is noted for? His ability to out think the opponent? You manning apologists act like yesterday was manning's first time seeing a blitz. You think montana, marino, favre, aikman, elway never saw a blitz in their carrer's? The difference is those guys stepped up in the pocket and delivered the throws, unlike manning who once he gets his tuxedo dirty is finished. The guy shy's away from contact. Once the steelers punched him in the mouth early, he started underthrowing, overthrowing, falling down before defenders got their. He's plain and simple soft.

Number2- Manning is a frontrunner who shows absolutely no leadership skills when under adversity. WHen has he brought his team from behind in theplayoffs? I'll tell you when never. When has he ever performed when the stakes are at their highest. Manning/harrison nice regular season duo, not even in the same league as a montana/ rice in ther postseason.

His lack of leadership and frontrunning couldnt have been more evident than in the post game press conference where he threw his offense lineman under the bus. Hey peyton its your job the pick up the blitz. That's why the organization gave you a 39 million dollar signing bonus. He accepted no responsiblilty for the loss instead blaming others.

ALL peyton manning is to me is a great regular season QB who keeps fantasy football owners happy year after, but when it comes to performing in the the clucth the guy is a loser. Everything was alined just right for him this year. Homefield, his playoff nemesis new england eliminated a day earlier, yet he still continues to find ways to fail. Give me tom brady anyday over that soft  marshmellow manning.

Thank god the super bowl wont be litered with manning ass kissers, and a whole pregame show devoted to the manning family, and how archie used to spend countless hours throwing with little peyton ,and eli, and how they spend numerous hours studying film. Well i guess it hasnt made that big of a difference, because as far as im concerned the manning family has accomplished nothing.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 12:21:38 pm by gocowboys31 » Logged

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 01:05:51 pm »

OMFG has the goldenboy/ posterboy have you people fooled or what.lol

First off this is nothing personal against manning, this is about performance on the field.

Number 1- Enough with the excuses about pressure being in his face, the blitzing and all this other crap. Isnt that what the einstein of the NFL is noted for? His ability to out think the opponent? You manning apologists act like yesterday was manning's first time seeing a blitz. You think montana, marino, favre, aikman, elway never saw a blitz in their carrer's? The difference is those guys stepped up in the pocket and delivered the throws, unlike manning who once he gets his tuxedo dirty is finished. The guy shy's away from contact. Once the steelers punched him in the mouth early, he started underthrowing, overthrowing, falling down before defenders got their. He's plain and simple soft.

Number2- Manning is a frontrunner who shows absolutely no leadership skills when under adversity. WHen has he brought his team from behind in theplayoffs? I'll tell you when never. When has he ever performed when the stakes are at their highest. Manning/harrison nice regular season duo, not even in the same league as a montana/ rice in ther postseason.

His lack of leadership and frontrunning couldnt have been more evident than in the post game press conference where he threw his offense lineman under the bus. Hey peyton its your job the pick up the blitz. That's why the organization gave you a 39 million dollar signing bonus. He accepted no responsiblilty for the loss instead blaming others.

ALL peyton manning is to me is a great regular season QB who keeps fantasy football owners happy year after, but when it comes to performing in the the clucth the guy is a loser. Everything was alined just right for him this year. Homefield, his playoff nemesis new england eliminated a day earlier, yet he still continues to find ways to fail. Give me tom brady anyday over that soft  marshmellow manning.

Thank god the super bowl wont be litered with manning ass kissers, and a whole pregame show devoted to the manning family, and how archie used to spend countless hours throwing with little peyton ,and eli, and how they spend numerous hours studying film. Well i guess it hasnt made that big of a difference, because as far as im concerned the manning family has accomplished nothing.

This,  isn't even worth responding to.   Roll Eyes
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 01:07:55 pm »

This,  isn't even worth responding to.   Roll Eyes

Yeah the facts and the truth hurt dosent it. Smiley

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 01:11:00 pm »

Yeah the facts and the truth hurt dosent it. Smiley

No, total ignorance does.
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2006, 01:45:52 pm »

This,  isn't even worth responding to.    

Yeah, I know the feeling, Carlos.  It'd have to be in English for me to respond to it.  Ever heard of spellcheck, Cowboys fan?  Good GOD!

So tell me, Cowboy:  If the Cowboys somehow traded Drew Bledsoe for Peyton Manning straight-up, would you wait 1/2 hour to buy the # 18 jersey and devote an online shrine to The Great Peyton Manning, or would it be even quicker?  Don't even try to tell me you'd rather have Bledsoe...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 01:47:39 pm by Vides » Logged

by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 01:49:55 pm »

Yeah, I know the feeling, Carlos.  It'd have to be in English for me to respond to it.  Ever heard of spellcheck, Cowboys fan?  Good GOD!

So tell me, Cowboy:  If the Cowboys somehow traded Drew Bledsoe for Peyton Manning straight-up, would you wait 1/2 hour to buy the # 18 jersey and devote an online shrine to The Great Peyton Manning, or would it be even quicker?  Don't even try to tell me you'd rather have Bledsoe...

Being that I've known GoCowboys since high school, I'll just say that he types how he talks.  Ebonics.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 01:51:36 pm »

Before he built the Manning shrine, he'd have to tear down his Drew Henson shrine first.   Roll Eyes

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2006, 02:02:11 pm »

Before he built the Manning shrine, he'd have to tear down his Drew Henson shrine first.    

"Yeah, let's get the third baseman in there!  He'll do the trick!!"  

Egads!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 02:02:26 pm by Vides » Logged

by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2006, 02:04:11 pm »

Being that I've known GoCowboys since high school

This can't be an accurate statement... 'cause everyone knows that all of your HS classmates made it to the NFL.  Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2006, 02:06:07 pm »

This can't be an accurate statement... 'cause everyone knows that all of your HS classmates made it to the NFL.  Grin

<Buzzer>  Sorry Stroke, wrong guess.  Wanna try for Double Jeopardy where the score can really change?
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2006, 02:15:48 pm »

<Buzzer>  Sorry Stroke, wrong guess.  Wanna try for Double Jeopardy where the score can really change?

SHOOT the GLASS!!

by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2006, 02:51:39 pm »

SHOOT the GLASS!!

Yippee Ki Yay Motherfucker!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: