Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2024, 10:47:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  COLTS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: COLTS  (Read 9681 times)
TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2006, 04:41:53 am »

OMFG this is too easy!  Time for a good fight here, and I'll start.

Hey TEK I'm sure you'd be choking on your tears in the final seconds of the game when you clearly knew you were the better team on the field by regular season standards.  Which reminds me,  since you hate Manning so much how nervous were YOU when Pitt. fumbled and Indy took control again near mid-field?! HUH? Pissin your pants I'm sure,  but hey we'll never know will we? As for pressure,  NO QB plays well under pressure,  which is why I love the blitz, look at Brady.  And yeah,  give me speed and offense any day if it'll get me a 14-2  record year in and year out and a bye in the playoffs.  

People have an "oral fixation" over Manning because he deserves it,  give me Manning over ANY QB in this league right now any day,  you go ahead and keep Frerotte.  We haven't seen a QB this good since freakin' Dan Marino.  Yeah, I said it and I agree with you on one standpoint,  Marino is the best of all time,  and how many tears did YOU shed over him when we couldn't make it out of the playoffs because uh,  what?  DEFENSE!  Elway was cemented at being one of the best ever ONLY after Denver won the Super Bowl,  before that,  you like everyone else may have considered him as just another choking bitch.  Much like Jim Kelly.

Here come the Marino comparisons again. The Manning apologists will come up with anything to excuse their loved one. Waaaaah too much snow, waaaah no dome to play in, waaaah no protection. Just like GoCowboys pointed out the great ones step up under pressure, adjusting to the blitzes making sure they get picked up, & making the great throws. Manning did none of that yesterday. All that pointing & flailing his arms around before the snap - most of the time he would call a draw play to avoid getting hit when he knew they would blitz instead of getting an rb to pick it up - because hes too pssy to take a hit. Shannon Sharpe said it best in the pregame analysis: Dont try to confuse him, just punch him straight in the mouth & he will crumble. And he did --- like a stale Oreo cookie. Go ahead Manning lovers and convince yourselves that he did anything but choke & come up with this years excuse so we can all hear about it in the offseason again. The truth hurts - end of story.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2006, 04:57:32 am »

Here come the Marino comparisons again. The Manning apologists will come up with anything to excuse their loved one. Waaaaah too much snow, waaaah no dome to play in, waaaah no protection. Just like GoCowboys pointed out the great ones step up under pressure, adjusting to the blitzes making sure they get picked up, & making the great throws. Manning did none of that yesterday. All that pointing & flailing his arms around before the snap - most of the time he would call a draw play to avoid getting hit when he knew they would blitz instead of getting an rb to pick it up - because hes too pssy to take a hit. Shannon Sharpe said it best in the pregame analysis: Dont try to confuse him, just punch him straight in the mouth & he will crumble. And he did --- like a stale Oreo cookie. Go ahead Manning lovers and convince yourselves that he did anything but choke & come up with this years excuse so we can all hear about it in the offseason again. The truth hurts - end of story.

No, ignorance does - end of story.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2006, 07:17:49 am »

I find it amusing that anyone on a Miami Dolphins message board would say Peyton Manning cannot take a hit. Let me refresh your memory. November 2001, Miami playing at Indy. Lorenzo Bromell breaks Peyton's jaw and the guy missed one play. Let's see, a QB who has to bark out plays at the line and take unprotected hits missed one play with a broken jaw and the guy cannot take a hit.

Let's not be so biased on either side when talking this game. Did Peyton handle the pressure as well as he could, no. Did that contribute to them losing, yes. Was it completely his fault they lost, no.

Let's not question the man's heart though. He can very well take a hit as further evidence I submit the fact that the guy has never missed a start in 8 seasons.
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2006, 07:34:11 am »

I find it amusing that anyone on a Miami Dolphins message board would say Peyton Manning cannot take a hit. Let me refresh your memory. November 2001, Miami playing at Indy. Lorenzo Bromell breaks Peyton's jaw and the guy missed one play. Let's see, a QB who has to bark out plays at the line and take unprotected hits missed one play with a broken jaw and the guy cannot take a hit.

Well said.  I concur.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray