Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 11:38:36 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game..Colts/Pit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game..Colts/Pit  (Read 5299 times)
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« on: January 15, 2006, 07:54:08 pm »

Has to go to Payton!!  I think we might have another Marino here. Just can win the big one.  

« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 07:57:06 pm by Pats2006 » Logged

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 07:57:25 pm »

Mike Vanderjagt.

Anyone else is blind hatred.

Manning is the only one that kept them in the game.  You're just bitter cause he showed why he's the QB that Tom Brady has wet dreams about.

Vanderjagt had the SEASON on his shoulders and it wasn't even close.
Pats2006
Uber Member

XxDevilDog
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 08:08:48 pm »

You're just bitter cause he showed why he's the QB that Tom Brady has wet dreams about.

I guess you are as dumb as you look.

I don't know 3 super bowl rings on his fingers?

Its more like Payton wants to be like Brady!! I would have to say. You dumb fuck.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 08:09:28 pm by Pats2006 » Logged

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 08:11:19 pm »

Blaming the Indy loss on one player, Manning, would make one appear to be an uneducated football fan.  Takes a team to win, and one to lose.  Manning is not soley responsible for the loss as Ben is for the Steelers win.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 08:17:50 pm »

Blaming the Indy loss on one player, Manning, would make one appear to be an uneducated football fan.  Takes a team to win, and one to lose.  Manning is not soley responsible for the loss as Ben is for the Steelers win.

Similarly, as Brady is not solely responsible for the Pats "3 rings"

But, thanks for the name-calling and proving Maine's point.  Roll Eyes
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 08:26:54 pm »

Here is my shame of the Game.

IFF (in captial letters, and an extra "F".  It's not mispelled, it stands for "If, and ONLY if") The Colts win the game, the Shame of the CENTURY would go to Jerome Bettis for ONCE AGAIN fumbling in the playoffs.  That fumble could have erased the memory of the Earnest Byner 1987 fumble from the minds of everyone, because this play would have been called "The Fumble" instead.

HOWEVER, since Pitt won, SOTG goes to Mike Vandergadt.  He completely missed and it was not even close.  He's one of the highest paid and best K's in all of football, he has GOT to come through in the clutch.  I mean, NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!  Fausto could have kicked with more accuracy there.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Pats2006
Uber Member

XxDevilDog
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 08:28:35 pm »

Did I say "Payton lost the game for the Colts today"?    No

Vanderjagt had the SEASON on his shoulders and it wasn't even close.

Dungy should have had them run the ball on 3rd down to get some extra yards so there would't be that much pressure on Vanderjagt.  

jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 08:30:26 pm »

BS Pats.

2 or 3 more yards wouldn't have mattered.  It's not like he missed short but on target.  The ball was heading towards the ATLANTIC OCEAN.  Someone in section 138 I think caught the ball, that's how far right it went.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 08:38:23 pm »

Did I say "Payton lost the game for the Colts today"?    No

Last I checked, Shame of the Game is "who cost their team the game," not "who do I hate the most"
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 05:47:19 am »

My shame of the game goes to "rust" and only rust. I wasn't sure how I felt about taking games off but now I'm convinced I wouldn't do it.  Indy was out of sinc most of the first three quarters because they hadn't played real football in more than a month.  By judging the team's play, a lot of people didn't play well. That "idiot kicker" just didn't get as many chances to redeem himself.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 05:47:50 am by CF_DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 05:56:34 am »

Pats and CF Dolfan both have valid points.  The Colts hadn't played any real football in over a month and it showed yesterday.  The crazy thing is Vanderjagt had NEVER missed a kick in the RCA Dome before, and he missed one with the season on the line yesterday (A short one to boot).  

I agree with Pats that Manning is another Marino, and Brady is another Montana.  Think about it.  The first pair put up astronomical numbers but never won anything.  The second pair found ways to get it done and won multiple championships.  

That said, I have to give Manning the Shame of the Game.  Not only did he throw 3 picks and get sacked 5 times, but then he punks out after the game and points the finger at his offensive lineman.  If I was Tarik Glenn, I'd bust him in the mouth a couple times.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 07:30:43 am »

Wouldn't those 5 sacks be a reflection on the O-line? Come on they played horrible.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 07:34:55 am »

I know that this will light a fire under Joe's ass, and I'm not doing this tongue in cheek, but the officials are my shame of the game.  Terrible.  From the non call on the movement on the line to the pick, that was a pick and then ruled not a pick...

I've never seen a worse crew in my life.  Pittsburgh took it to Indy the whole day and that crew did everything that they could to try to get Indy back into the game.

I was just on a conference call with the offices in NY and they STILL can't explain that non call.  Someone moved.  No flags were thrown.  The play clock was re-set.  Is that 5th grade kick ball?  A "do over" in the NFL?  You saw it yesterday!

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 07:37:25 am »

Yesterday's official:  Walt Coleman

Coincidentally, he and his crew were described as "retarded" in a similar thread just yesterday.

Thanks, Stroke.

Walt Coleman's boys are retarded, too, but nowhere near as bad as Triplette's
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 07:39:36 am by B_Rock » Logged
BJL
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 09:08:57 am »

Totally agree with Maine. Porter may run his mouth a lot, but for once he got it right. It seemed like everything was to just keep Indy in the game. But not only is it this one game, it's been all games. We've seen so many different rulings on a complete catch that it doesn't make a damn bit of sense. According to the officials in the Bears- Panthers, having a knee down means a catch and down by contact. Then we see in the Bucs game a catch being not only knees but the whole body. Then we see no calls and bad calls on interference. If these are supposed to be the best officials, then I'd hate to see the worst.

Trade for Brian Griese? Yay, another washed up veteran QB...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray