Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2024, 08:07:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Instant Replay Sucks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Instant Replay Sucks  (Read 2709 times)
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« on: January 16, 2006, 03:38:20 pm »

instant replay is the worst thing ever added to nfl. i don't get why so many think that it is a fantastic technology. basically there are a number of other plays during the course of the game that also contribute to the outcome (hands to the face, PASS INTERFERENCE, holding, block in the back, etc, etc, etc)  that are not reviewable. they are selling everyone a bunch of crap. the refs use instant replay now as a crutch... "aw we don't have to pay attention because instant replay will save our ass". thats why you have such poor refs involved in the game today. its amazing the lack of total logic that the refs now have compared back when there was no instant replay crutch. come on man, you really need instant replay to try to decide whether or not the hair guy from pitt intercepted the ball??? what are you freaking blind!!

its an imperfect game and thats part of it. why can't we just accept that and recognize that you have to be both good and lucky to win it all. in the end it all evens out...
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 04:30:35 pm »

instant replay is the worst thing ever added to nfl. i don't get why so many think that it is a fantastic technology. basically there are a number of other plays during the course of the game that also contribute to the outcome (hands to the face, PASS INTERFERENCE, holding, block in the back, etc, etc, etc)  that are not reviewable. they are selling everyone a bunch of crap. the refs use instant replay now as a crutch... "aw we don't have to pay attention because instant replay will save our ass". thats why you have such poor refs involved in the game today. its amazing the lack of total logic that the refs now have compared back when there was no instant replay crutch. come on man, you really need instant replay to try to decide whether or not the hair guy from pitt intercepted the ball??? what are you freaking blind!!

its an imperfect game and thats part of it. why can't we just accept that and recognize that you have to be both good and lucky to win it all. in the end it all evens out...

They should make more calls reviewable.  I'm sorry to say but on the game clinching INT in the Bears-Panthers playoff game, the play clock had expired but no one blew a whistle.  Unfortunately, clock calls are not reviewable, as are plays that are blown dead or when the runner/receiver is ruled down by contact.  By making more calls reviewable, it would justify the system.  
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 05:15:44 pm »

instant replay is the worst thing ever added to nfl. i don't get why so many think that it is a fantastic technology. basically there are a number of other plays during the course of the game that also contribute to the outcome (hands to the face, PASS INTERFERENCE, holding, block in the back, etc, etc, etc)  that are not reviewable. they are selling everyone a bunch of crap.

I don't understand when people use this as a criticism of instant replay.  If there is no replay, then no calls are reviewable.  Isn't most better than none?

the refs use instant replay now as a crutch... "aw we don't have to pay attention because instant replay will save our ass". thats why you have such poor refs involved in the game today. its amazing the lack of total logic that the refs now have compared back when there was no instant replay crutch.

Do you honestly believe that removing replay will increase the accuracy of the officiating?  Honestly, that's a pipe dream.  The only thing that removing replay will do is make sure that every single bad call never gets corrected.

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 05:33:39 pm »

Do you honestly believe that removing replay will increase the accuracy of the officiating?  Honestly, that's a pipe dream.  The only thing that removing replay will do is make sure that every single bad call never gets corrected.

exactly
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 06:36:02 pm »

The only reason instant replay was re-instated into the NFL is because of that Vinny Testaverde TD call where he completely landed on the 1-yard line, and a TD was called.  The ref was out of position - that's why that call was missed.

I hate the fact that a million things are "not reviewable".  I agree with dolfan13 - this system sucks the way it is now.  Either have it full-on or don't have it at all.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray