Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:56:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The Offseason
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The Offseason  (Read 10169 times)
Jeno

S'up Bitches??

« on: January 18, 2006, 03:54:42 am »

You all know we need players this offseason, and we're probably gonna have some money to play around with this offsaeason.

Who would be your main priority?

Normally i'd instantly say T.O, but Nick Saban's whole philosophy is Team-Work, and i just don't think that T.O'd fit into our system, he's too selfish.

Lets not forget that Chris Chambers had a really good year (apart from some drops).

"Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, fuck him. What goes around comes around. He got his just rewards. He fucked me over, and my attitude is an eye for an eye."

Roy Keane - Manchester United
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle, Observer Monthly Magazine
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 05:12:54 am »

One thing is obvious.... we need a major upgrade at QB.  With all the rumors swirling around, it is still unclear whether Saban will draft one or sign one in free agency.  

Aside from QB, our biggest needs are in the secondary and on the offensive line.  If the Dolphins don't get the QB they want in the first round, I'd love for them to take Texas DB Mike Huff.

Welcome to the boards Jeno.  When you have a chance, go to the Roll Call 2006 thread in the Off Topic Forum and tell us about yourself.
Jeno

S'up Bitches??

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 07:01:42 am »

Tommy,

Thanks a lot for the Welcome man! I used to look at this site often, and laugh my a** off with all the bitchin' goin on with Patriots and (particularly) Broncos fans.

So i thought i might as well sign up!

"Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, fuck him. What goes around comes around. He got his just rewards. He fucked me over, and my attitude is an eye for an eye."

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 07:12:12 am »

I agree with Tommy on Huff. I just don't see us getting the QB we want in the first round. That doesn't mean we can't get one later that we could groom though.  
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 07:35:57 am »

Huff works for me, but there are also 3 or 4 really good left tackles out there I wouldn't mind drafting.  This draft seems pretty deep.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 07:38:28 am »

Oh, and welcome to the boards, Jeno.  I'm fairly new myself, and can tell you that most everyone here is great.

by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 08:02:02 am »

[off-topic]

Welcome aboard, Jeno!

[/off-topic]
Jeno

S'up Bitches??

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 08:44:14 am »

Thanks a lot for the Welcomes Lads! It seems like a pretty cool Forum i hafta say!

And of course its full of Dol-Fans!

I dunno about the rest of yiz, but im pretty excited about next season. If the Draft/Free Agency goes well, we could be in for a good year wouldnt you agree?

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 09:24:55 am »

Welcome to the boards....

And good question:  I think that you have to PLAN for a QB.

Your choices are:
1) Free agent, like Brees or Rivers
2) Draft, but it all depends on who is there, and who the coaches like.
3) Wait on a QB for next year, but plan for a new guy in the system.

I think that any of these options are okay.  If we don't get a QB with our first pick, I think we should go defense...maybe get a strong lineman or another corner.

I drink your milkshake!
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 09:40:45 am »

If we don't get a QB with our first pick, I think we should go defense...maybe get a strong lineman or another corner.

Amen, Dave, though left tackle couldn't hurt, either.  D'Brickshaw Ferguson will be gone, but Eric Winston, Winston Justice, and the guy from Texas (I blanked on his name) may be around...

by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 09:57:54 am »

Your choices are:
1) Free agent, like Brees or Rivers

I don't think either one will be available due to the injury Brees suffered. The Chargers will probably put a transitional tag on Brees and keep both of these guys at least another year.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
bsfins
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 10:05:32 am »

I feel we're going to be more reactive,than proactive this offseason.As Fans we are going to say,we need a QB,secondary,maybe d-line help,o-line help.I feel the Free agent QB market may have changed late in the season.Palmer and Brees going down with injuries,may take Rivers,and Kitna off the market.

We've made some decisions on the basis of Cost effectiveness,so I think if the qb market is too expensive,we may re-sign Sage.I could see a scenerio,that Gus isn't as forthcoming about restructuring his contract.We cut him re-sign Sage,and pick someone to play third string.This is highly,Highly un likely,but my point is,I think alot of our moves will be more determined by what other teams do free agency.I think as soon as we know if Scott Linehan is going to stay,or go coach somewhere else,We might have a better feel for what we'll do....

I think we'll be bigger buyers later in the offseason,after the draft.Where we might be able to spend more wisely.

I agree with Dave,that we need to plan for a QB,not just go get one to get one.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 11:49:28 am »

michael huff out of texas is a special player. he can play (and has played) both the safety and cover corner positions. think of a tackling machine in the john lynch type + good cover corner not quite surtain but has the potential, and you've got huff. he doesn't have the high interception numbers, but neither did his teamate nathan vasher coming out and look what he did for the bears secondary.
madison is gone, taking his high salary and limited abilities with him. hopefully huff is around at #16, and we would instantly upgrade our secondary bigtime.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 12:10:06 pm »

I can understand going O-lineman, but with the way that Houck has whipped that group into shape this season, I'm almost wondering if we should just give him another year to coach the unit before we start scrapping guys.  ...who knows what early picks like Wade Smith, etc, can do?

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 12:12:30 pm »

I can understand going O-lineman, but with the way that Houck has whipped that group into shape this season, I'm almost wondering if we should just give him another year to coach the unit before we start scrapping guys.  ...who knows what early picks like Wade Smith, etc, can do?

I'm with you 100%. Everyone is saying we need O-line help. Granted we do not have superstar names, but that unit proved to be very functional and was far from our worst unit. We have to think defense if the franchise QB is not available at 16.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray