Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:06:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Coach Saban on Terrell Owens
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Coach Saban on Terrell Owens  (Read 20915 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 07:34:25 am »

I disagree.  I think he WANTS T.O.  If he wasn't interested, DON'T SAY A F'ING WORD.  He brought it up, so he's interested.

How do you know he brought it up? How do we know he wasn't asked specifically about Owens? We have to realize there are reporters there and they are going to spin things. I'm 100% sure he didn't call a press conference for this statement. This was something he was asked about.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 07:34:31 am »

I disagree.  I think he WANTS T.O.  If he wasn't interested, DON'T SAY A F'ING WORD.  He brought it up, so he's interested.

He didn't bring it up, the reporter asked him about it to stir the F-ing pot.  You should know your own kind.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 07:55:59 am »

If he isn't interested in TO, then why not just say "I'm not interested".  Why say "it would be worth the hassle" or whatever he said?

You answer that one for me.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 08:04:19 am »

If he isn't interested in TO, then why not just say "I'm not interested".  Why say "it would be worth the hassle" or whatever he said?

You answer that one for me.

Because his agent is Drew Rosenhaus who's also the agent for half of the players on his team, and he probably doesn't want to piss him off.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 09:01:27 am »

Also because Saban's blanket statement (and that's basically what it is) since he took the job is, he is interested in anyone who would make the team better. What coach isn't?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 09:02:24 am by Phishfan » Logged
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 09:06:23 am »

Also because Saban's blanket statement (and that's basically what it is) since he took the job is, he is interested in anyone who would make the team better. What coach isn't?

I couldn't agree with you more.   Saban, like Jimmy Johnson, will sign a troubled player if he thinks that player will help the team.  Remember that article LeBatard wrote about Johnson going into contract negotiations with the Devil?

And for those who don't know who Bob Flanders is, he's the owner of DolphinBlog.com.  And his piece makes perfect sense.  If we can get a capable QB and Owens, our offense would be among the top 10 next season.  
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 09:12:58 am »

If we can get a capable QB and Owens, our offense would be among the top 10 next season.  

Maybe not, seeing as we may have a new offensive system.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 09:19:38 am »

I should add that I do not believe in any way Owens will be with the Dolphins.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 09:24:41 am »

I should add that I do not believe in any way Owens will be with the Dolphins.

I agree.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 09:34:53 am »

Taking on the one troubled player is something you can do when you have an already-elite team that just needs a little more.  See:  Dillon, Corey @ NE.

How about if we just see: Owens, Terrell @ Philadelphia? Or was 4 straight NFC title games not "already-elite" enough for ya?

Bottom line...unless 99% of T.O.'s next contract is behavioral incentive-based, it won't matter whether the next team is a contender or a cellar-dweller... What T.O. brings to a team cannot be cured with penicillin.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2006, 10:38:52 am »

If we can get a capable QB and Owens, our offense would be among the top 10 next season.  

Owens or no Owens, a capable QB can put us in the top 10 on offense next season.
bsfins
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2006, 10:58:27 am »

Wanna make Frerotte look like an all-star?  Sign Owens.

Why would I want that? ...I think that's impossible...I think most Offensive coordinators,want an Accurate QB,Gus has proven,that's not his strong suit...

I think were looking for more than a one year wonder...
crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2006, 11:49:43 am »

Bottom line...unless 99% of T.O.'s next contract is behavioral incentive-based, it won't matter whether the next team is a contender or a cellar-dweller... What T.O. brings to a team cannot be cured with penicillin.

Incentive laden contract is fine... however, what happens when he doesn't get the ball... see where I'm going?
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2006, 12:00:35 pm »

I think T.O. will be on his best behavior next season, wherever he lands.  He'll be a model teammate for a year, then revert.  If the Dolphins take a chance on him, on a year to year basis, I won't be terribly upset.  Now, a 4 year deal with a $15 million signing bonus, on the other hand...GAAAAAAKKKK!!!

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2006, 12:25:51 pm »

I think T.O. will be on his best behavior next season, wherever he lands.  He'll be a model teammate for a year, then revert.  If the Dolphins take a chance on him, on a year to year basis, I won't be terribly upset.  Now, a 4 year deal with a $15 million signing bonus, on the other hand...GAAAAAAKKKK!!!

TO's under contract.  He has a buncha time left on his deal.

TO's also gonna get released in a month.

TO won't sign on with anyone for a short term deal.  TO illustrated how much of a whiny bitch he can be this preseason.  TO should rot in hell and die.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray