Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:44:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Coach Saban on Terrell Owens
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Coach Saban on Terrell Owens  (Read 20896 times)
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2006, 12:47:34 pm »

I do not want TO!!!!!

He is a great player but he is a major cancer and we seem to have harmony in our locker room. Even if you did sign him to an incentive laden contract this year what happens when he goes for 1500 yards and 15 TD's? He is going to start screaming that he needs to be paid and he has to feed his starving family because he should be paid like a top playmaker in the league. Sound familiar? No way do we take this chance we would be giving up too much long term in my humble opinion!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2006, 01:34:14 pm »

TO's under contract.  He has a buncha time left on his deal.

He'll likely be released.  I only advocate giving him a shot if he's released and signed to a token amount ($2 Mil or less.)
TO won't sign on with anyone for a short term deal.  

He's 33 and considered a cancer.  Depending on what Dallas and maybe Atlanta does, he may have very few options.  This happens all the time; great player has very few options, swallows his ego and plays for a below-market contract.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2006, 02:25:35 pm »

This happens all the time; great player has very few options, swallows his ego and plays for a below-market contract.

See also: Boston, David
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2006, 09:56:37 am »

See also: Boston, David

What's your point?  He was a 4th receiver, who didn't play, and didn't cost us anything.  It's like playing the $1 lottery and losing.   ...so, you didn't hit it big...but who gives a crap, it was just a buck.

I drink your milkshake!
mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2006, 10:38:48 am »

Boston didn't work because he wasn't healthy.. not becuase of his attitude.
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2006, 11:40:40 am »

What's your point?  He was a 4th receiver, who didn't play, and didn't cost us anything.  It's like playing the $1 lottery and losing.   ...so, you didn't hit it big...but who gives a crap, it was just a buck.

And under the "it's only a buck" theory, Terrell Owens would work for me.  

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2006, 11:47:52 am »

As much as I hate TO, and think he's a shmuck....there is a rick/reward there.

A Palpatine said, "If he can be turned, he'd be a powerful ally."

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2006, 11:53:34 am »

As much as I hate TO, and think he's a shmuck....there is a rick/reward there.

Freudian slip?

Anyway, David Boston is, again, an unfair comparison to T.O.   He's not nearly poisonous enough.  To be honest, short of Kobe Bryant I can't think of any pro player that has the toxicity level of one Mr. Owens.  The guy has bashed his teammates and management in three separate organizations.  He has firmly established that he brings ruin and strife wherever he goes.

mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2006, 11:55:51 am »

Rick/Reward..I hope Rick can help us out.

I am intrigued by TO..  I see mass upside and mass downside.

Search your feelings Dave, you know it to be true.
TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2006, 11:59:21 am »

Why are we even discussing this? There is no way TO comes to Miami. Number 1 he will not go to any team that is not considered an immediate Superbowl contender & my Dolphins I am sorry to say are not at this point a player away yet. Number 2 he will want a superstar QB throwing him the ball & something tells me he does not consider Gus to be a superstar QB. Number 3 he will want all kinds of money thrown his way & even though Miami will have cap room they will not bet the farm on one position with all the needs they still have. Number 4 even though Rosenhaus is a SFL native the last thing Saban is going to do is let a punk agent come into his facility & tell him whats what. This is the guy who shut out the media during mini camp I dont see him letting Drew Rosenschlepp trying to wheel and deal him all of a sudden.  Him saying to the press that he would consider an upgrade at any position is just keeping things on the up & up with the PR he is not stupid. The only organization I see willing to roll the dice with TO is Dallas or maybe the Giants.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 12:02:41 pm by TEKGOD » Logged
Dphins4me
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2006, 01:22:50 pm »

There is only one thing that will silence the mouth of an idiot like T.O., and that's winning championships..

TO could care less about Championships.  TO is about the money that is going into his pocket & the camera time he gets.

Nothing will shut TO up, because TO cares for no one but himself.

Anyone that actually wants TO on the team only wants him because they actually would not have to deal with him.

He is a horrible teammate.  

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2006, 02:29:53 pm »

Welcome to the board, Dphins4me. As the site's token 49ers fan, I can say that your post contained supreme wisdom...and I hope that Nick feels the same.  Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2006, 07:50:27 am »

No - what I meant was that David Boston wanted a large salary, way more than he deserved.  He got cut, went out looked for a job elsewhere and when no one would give him what he wanted (likely thanks to his attitude problems and drug issues), we brought him back on the cheap.

That's the only reason I brought him up.
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2006, 07:15:50 pm »

TO could care less about Championships.  TO is about the money that is going into his pocket & the camera time he gets.

Nothing will shut TO up, because TO cares for no one but himself.

Anyone that actually wants TO on the team only wants him because they actually would not have to deal with him.

He is a horrible teammate.  

I disagree. While i think he's a cancer and an idiot, and sometime amusing whether you like it or not the guy must care somewhat about helping his team win. He did comeback on a broken leg and risk his career to play in the superbowl. You can't take that away from him. He had a hell of a game too and showed alot of heart.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Dphins4me
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2006, 09:20:59 pm »

He did comeback on a broken leg and risk his career to play in the superbowl. You can't take that away from him. He had a hell of a game too and showed alot of heart.

Completely disagree.  TO was there for TO, not his team.   He got to say "Look, I came back to play & risk further injury (Which I personally doubt he did) so you need to pay me more money this year"  

He came back because he was already planning on asking for a new deal in the offseason & playing was a great ploy.  Also TO was not gonna miss is first chance to play in the spot light of a SB.

If it would have been Marvin Harrison coming back then I agree it was for the team, but TO does nothing that does not benefit TO.  He has proven that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 09:21:48 pm by Dphins4me » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray