Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:21:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Breaking News: Linehan gone
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Breaking News: Linehan gone  (Read 22459 times)
bsfins
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2006, 12:29:14 pm »

I think he meant that Garrett would be the only one that would want to keep Gus. Other wise, regardless of who the OC is, Gus is gone.

Exacto-mundo... Wink Smiley

I've sort of got the feeling,Saban is going to get someone,3/4 of the board isn't going to know who they are...We'll all be googling them.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2006, 01:44:09 pm »

Oh, god - Jason Garrett has no business being a QB coach, let alone a OC...  I hope that's not what you were suggesting...

I don't think it is quite fair to make this statement unless we are sitting in the locker room and working with the guy. None of us know what kind of coach he is.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2006, 01:53:16 pm »

As long as Hudson Houck doesn't follow Linehan, I'm fine.  The rest of the assistant coaches are replaceable.

Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2006, 05:14:08 pm »

I don't think Linehan's going to the Rams.  Cam Cameron knows the Rams offense better.

that is if Linehan goes.  

Statement From Miami Dolphins Head Coach Nick Saban On Scott Linehan
January 19, 2006

"I want to congratulate Scott on his selection as the Rams' new head coach. I know he will be a tremendous asset to that organization and wish him the best of success in St. Louis.

He did an outstanding job for us in Miami, and before that with the Minnesota Vikings. Before Scott joined the Dolphins, I considered him to be one of the most innovative offensive coaches in the league, and after working with him this past season, I also came to appreciate his work ethic and organizational skills. I have a great deal of respect for Scott and I know he is well qualified to be a head coach in the NFL."

What were you saying again?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 05:16:02 pm by PHILLY_FIN_FAN » Logged

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2006, 05:22:08 pm »

Statement From Miami Dolphins Head Coach Nick Saban On Scott Linehan
January 19, 2006

"I want to congratulate Scott on his selection as the Rams' new head coach. I know he will be a tremendous asset to that organization and wish him the best of success in St. Louis.

He did an outstanding job for us in Miami, and before that with the Minnesota Vikings. Before Scott joined the Dolphins, I considered him to be one of the most innovative offensive coaches in the league, and after working with him this past season, I also came to appreciate his work ethic and organizational skills. I have a great deal of respect for Scott and I know he is well qualified to be a head coach in the NFL."

What were you saying again?

OK, you guys have made your point!!!!  Anything more is overkill!!!!
Jeno

S'up Bitches??

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2006, 01:45:48 am »

So who are we looking at as a replacement?

"Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, fuck him. What goes around comes around. He got his just rewards. He fucked me over, and my attitude is an eye for an eye."

Roy Keane - Manchester United
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle, Observer Monthly Magazine
mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2006, 04:10:05 am »

Mike Martz
Mike Mularkey
Jason Garrett

Reference is Finheaven..Pulling for Mularkey, sure don't want Garrett
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2006, 04:48:24 am »

Mike Martz
Mike Mularkey
Jason Garrett

Reference is Finheaven..Pulling for Mularkey, sure don't want Garrett

I'd rather have Martz.  Mularkey's offense in Pitt was a bit boring.  Sure they ran, but that's pretty much all they did.  

As for Linehan leaving.... this is what happens when you hire the best.  They tend not to stick around long.  
mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2006, 05:05:35 am »

It was anything but boring..if anything, he threw too much(for Cowher's liking)  He also ran a ton of trick plays.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2006, 06:12:58 am »

I'd rather have Martz.  Mularkey's offense in Pitt was a bit boring.  Sure they ran, but that's pretty much all they did.  

Do you even remember when Mularkey was with Pittsburgh? Thats when Pittsburgh had the top offense in the league, using Maddox and Stewart to pass the ball.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2006, 06:49:26 am »

Do you even remember when Mularkey was with Pittsburgh? Thats when Pittsburgh had the top offense in the league, using Maddox and Stewart to pass the ball.

I remember quite well.  I believe it was 2000 - 2003 that he ran the offense.  During that time, they had capable QB's in Stewart and Maddox, but they were a run oriented team with Bettis and Fu-Matuafala <~~~~ did I spell that right?
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2006, 07:06:29 am »

I remember quite well.  I believe it was 2000 - 2003 that he ran the offense.  During that time, they had capable QB's in Stewart and Maddox, but they were a run oriented team with Bettis and Fu-Matuafala <~~~~ did I spell that right?

Actually during 2002 and 2003 the Steelers were a pass oriented team. Look at the number Maddox put up those years as opposed to Bettis' numbers. Bettis had less than stellar seasons (600 something in '02, and 800 something in '03), while Maddox threw for close to 3000 in '02 and over 3000 in '03.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2006, 07:16:01 am »

They actually passed 551 times and ran 512 times in 2002. 2003 they ran 446 times and passed 532. That does not sound like a run oriented team. That sounds like a fairly balanced team with emphasis on the pass..
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2006, 07:24:06 am »

Close...it's "Fuamatu-Ma'afala"

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2006, 07:57:14 am »

"Fu" will work as well..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray