Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:29:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  To Frimp and Crazy Scar Man
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: To Frimp and Crazy Scar Man  (Read 3259 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: January 22, 2006, 07:22:45 pm »

Sorry guys, it was Seattle's day, as well as their year.  Needless to say, they shut down Steve Smith.  They did their homework and adjusted their defense accordingly to take him out of his game.  Gotta hand it to them.  
crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 08:35:41 pm »

I don't mind losing a game, especially the third game on the road, but we looked horrible out there.

We got down early and never got the running game going. It was not John Fox football. I feel bad for the guys. They looked foolish.

Man, that was a hard loss.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 08:56:30 pm »

I don't mind losing a game, especially the third game on the road, but we looked horrible out there.

We got down early and never got the running game going. It was not John Fox football. I feel bad for the guys. They looked foolish.

Man, that was a hard loss.

It's tough when both your starting running backs go down with serious injuries.  But Steve Smith was supposed to be shredding secondaries, and the Seahawks double covered him on almost every play.  They knew that to beat your offense, they had to shut him down, and that's exactly what happened.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 11:02:40 pm »

I cant even be pissed at the Panthers. The Seahawks simply beat them up and down.

Now that the only reason I had to root for the NFC is gone...GO STEELERS!!!!

...note to self...change the avatar back!  Grin

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 07:25:01 am »

I was talking to Scar Man about this game early in the week and my prediction came true exactly.  They shut Steve Smith down, not because of Smith, but because he had no run game to support him.  The defense didn't have to stack the line, and Smith couldn't handle the extra defender.

I drink your milkshake!
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 07:30:24 am »

I was talking to Scar Man about this game early in the week and my prediction came true exactly.  They shut Steve Smith down, not because of Smith, but because he had no run game to support him.  The defense didn't have to stack the line, and Smith couldn't handle the extra defender.

I was talking to Thundergod about this game last week and said that were I Mike Holmgren, I'd make sure I double, triple, even quadruple teamed Steve Smith so that DelHomme wouldn't even look at the guy after the first quarter.  It was a rare moment of football strategy clarity on my part.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray