Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:51:34 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Biggest off-season need
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Poll
Question: What position do you feel is the top priority to upgrade this off-season?
Quarterback   -24 (80%)
Offensive Line   -1 (3.3%)
Wide Receiver   -0 (0%)
Defensive Backs   -5 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Biggest off-season need  (Read 16537 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2006, 01:45:29 pm »

I went with a defensive back. While I wait with anticipation for a new QB under center, I'm a firm believer that a good defense is better that a good offense. A weakness at DB is hard to hide and the Dolphins were vicitmized often this year. I would love a shutdown corner to lock up half the field, and still think we could get a prospect QB in later rounds.

Amen, Jim...I voted for defensive back there too, and for similar reasons. QB is a need as well, no argument about that, but I think an upgrade in the defensive backfield will put Miami in more game situations where Frerotte "doesn't" need to force things. As odd as it sounds, an improved defensive backfield should help improve our QB play "almost" as much as an improved O-line would.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2006, 02:46:01 pm »

I went with a defensive back.  While I wait with anticipation for a new QB under center, I'm a firm believer that a good defense is better that a good offense.  A weakness at DB is hard to hide and the Dolphins were vicitmized often this year.  I would love a shutdown corner to lock up half the field, and still think we could get a prospect QB in later rounds.

I agree there.  And like I said in my earlier post, if the QB the Dolphins want is gone by the time they pick, Texas DB Michael Huff would be an excellent choice.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2006, 03:40:11 pm »

Again guys, top priority doesn't necesarily mean who we should take in the first round!

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2006, 04:38:51 pm »

Again guys, top priority doesn't necesarily mean who we should take in the first round!

True, true...but it doesn't necessarily mean Miami "shouldn't" either, if the value for that draft slot and the likelihood of other quality players at the other need positions being available later dictates going DB rather than QB or OL in round one.   Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2006, 04:43:11 pm »

True, true...but it doesn't necessarily mean Miami "shouldn't" either, if the value for that draft slot and the likelihood of other quality players at the other need positions being available later dictates going DB rather than QB or OL in round one.   Wink

I agree, but the only reason I mentioned that was that it seems people were only discussing who we should draft. Top Priority means trades, free agency and the draft.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2006, 04:58:37 pm »

I agree, but the only reason I mentioned that was that it seems people were only discussing who we should draft. Top Priority means trades, free agency and the draft.

Good point.  The thing is, it looks like there's several veteran QB's and some good WR's out there in free agency, but no stud offensive linemen or DB's. 
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2006, 05:02:22 pm »

I thought this was the question I answered.........our biggest need is a DB.  If we can only bring in 1 player, it should be a DB.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2006, 05:25:11 pm »

I thought this was the question I answered.........our biggest need is a DB.  If we can only bring in 1 player, it should be a DB.

I didn't mean you when I said that. Some people specifically said "we should draft a DB if the QB we want is gone".

dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2006, 07:39:14 pm »

this is a team that has not made the playoffs in some time now, had some excellent coaching last season, and basically overachieved. there are many big "needs" on this freaking team, and you really can't nail it down to a single biggest need. basically have to use every mechanism possible to try and get good players because if you haven't noticed, our drafts and fa acquisitions over the past few years weren't that good. maybe if we won the division we could scope it to a single biggest need, but right now, with the talent on this team, we need as many good players as we can possibly get our hands on.

biggest need is to get about 4 -5 better starters than we currently have on the freaking roster right now. lets see, qb, ol, db, dl, lb, fs/ss, wr... best player available through whatever mechanism (draft, fa, trade) would satisfy a biggest need of many that the dolphins have!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray