Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:09:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Terrell Owens
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Poll
Question: Where do you think TO will end up?
Miami   -6 (21.4%)
Atlanta   -8 (28.6%)
Denver   -2 (7.1%)
Dallas   -8 (28.6%)
other   -4 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Terrell Owens  (Read 15809 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2006, 01:02:09 am »

I think Dallas is in the lead...8-6, but agree completely: Keep T.O. away from Miami.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2006, 06:46:11 am »

I think Dallas is in the lead...8-6, but agree completely: Keep T.O. away from Miami.

I think the report they had on ESPN a few months ago about where T.O. will end up has alot to do with why people think he'll end up in Dallas...  just a thought.   Wink
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2006, 09:17:20 am »

I think the report they had on ESPN a few months ago about where T.O. will end up has alot to do with why people think he'll end up in Dallas... just a thought. Wink

Obviously speaking solely for myself here...but I think "the reason" that ESPN put together that report is why he'll end up in Dallas. It would be a perfect fit, based on the personalities of Owens, Parcells and Jerry Jones, and Dallas has already shown the willingness to take a chance on problem children. If ESPN had never done the report, I think it would still be a logical guess.  Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2006, 08:52:08 pm »

That is what you choose to focus on?  The definition of word?  Can we all say "I've got nothing better to come back with"  A non reply would have been the better move.  Now you are just looking desperate.
I'm merely pointing out that you make absolutely no sense. I think it's abundantly clear to everyone that there is not going to be an agreement on the issue, so why keep arguing it? I could rehash / rephrase my arguments, you'd do the same, all the while we would keep toning up the harshness. Yeah, that sounds like a recipe for success ;-)

No one revised history in any way..  Not I, Not Thundergod, not anyone else. 

However, I choose to use your own statement in pointing out that your memory is far far from being accurate.
There you go again: Claiming that I somehow revised history / "remembered incorrectly" (nice way of saying the same thing). Now it's bordering on lying on your part. You have not pointed to a single thing that I've "remembered incorrectly" (in this thread, anyway). To the best of my knowledge (and I could be wrong, it's happened before), there are no factual mistakes in my posts. My posts do contain OPINIONS as well, and you clearly disagree with these, but that has nothing to do with the facts of the matter (although I would like to think that my opinions are based on the facts, of course).

What I said about RW is what I said the days after he retired.  It mattered not to me.  I expected the men in charge to know what they are doing & to build a team that can with stand the absent of just one player, even the most important player.
YOU may be able to make that claim (and it's unverifiable, since you just joined the boards), but 90% of the people (here and everywhere else) saying the exact same things were lambasting Ricky when he left.

Just so you know.  Only the Cleveland Browns gave up more yards rushing last year per game.  That means out of 32 teams Miami was ranked 31st.
Thanks for the info. I have absolutely no idea what this has to due with the current discussion, but what the heck.
Dphins4me
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2006, 12:59:43 am »

I'm merely pointing out that you make absolutely no sense.
   You not understanding does not mean I'm not clear.  My points are very clear.

There you go again: Claiming that I somehow revised history / "remembered incorrectly" (nice way of saying the same thing). Now it's bordering on lying on your part. You have not pointed to a single thing that I've "remembered incorrectly" (in this thread, anyway).
  I didn't? 

You said & I quote

Quote from: fyo on January 25, 2006, 11:05:50 PM
Our defense played amazing ball until they simply gave up due to either fatigue or simply demoralization from the lack of offensive capabilities.

I pointed out that in Game 1 against Tenn that Chris Brown rushed for close to 100 yards in the 1st half.  I do not call that playing amazing & there is no way they should have been fatigue or demoralized at that time.  It was a pattern that followed throughout the season. Since they finished 31st in the league in rushing D.

You remembered incorrectly about the defensive play.

To the best of my knowledge (and I could be wrong, it's happened before), there are no factual mistakes in my posts.

Factual?  Don’t believe so, but we have not been discussing facts other than the play of the defense.

My posts do contain OPINIONS as well, and you clearly disagree with these, but that has nothing to do with the facts of the matter (although I would like to think that my opinions are based on the facts, of course).

I thought we were debating mostly opinion.  My opinion that RW retiring did not harm Miami as much as you believe it did.

YOU may be able to make that claim (and it's unverifiable, since you just joined the boards), but 90% of the people (here and everywhere else) saying the exact same things were lambasting Ricky when he left.
  Probably were since most fans are driven by emotion.  I however, cared little since I expect the men in charge to have a plan.  I thought they would have had a plan in place in case RW went down with a season ending injury.  I was wrong.   

That is why the people to blame for Miami's failure is not RW, but Wanny & Spielman.

Thanks for the info. I have absolutely no idea what this has to due with the current discussion, but what the heck.
How soon we forget.   It’s a reply based on you saying the D played amazing.  You do not finish 31st in the league in rushing D, by playing amazing most of the year.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2006, 12:30:41 pm »

You not understanding does not mean I'm not clear.  My points are very clear.
The only thing that's becoming increasingly clear is that you're a troll. You twist words, quote out of context and lie. This will be my last post on this thread, so feel free to get the last word in.

You remembered incorrectly about the defensive play.
Wrong.

Factual?  Don’t believe so, but we have not been discussing facts other than the play of the defense.
Wrong. About the defense and about what we were discussing, but that should come as no surprise.

How soon we forget.   It’s a reply based on you saying the D played amazing.  You do not finish 31st in the league in rushing D, by playing amazing most of the year.
This is where you COMPLETELY expose yourself as nothing but a troll. This is what I said:

"Our defense played amazing ball until they simply gave up due to either fatigue or simply demoralization from the lack of offensive capabilities."

(emphasis added)

Even then, you might actually want to consider using a more advanced metric than TOTAL YARDS to evaluate our defense. If you look at the correlation between total yards and, e.g., points scored or games won, total yards turns out to be quite a bad yard stick (no pun intended). There's a reason you don't compare quarterbacks based solely on YARDS PASSING, you know. The guys at Football Outsiders have been working for years to come up with a good system for defense (and offense) which looks at each and every single play and compares it to other "similar" plays and what the league average is on those plays.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef.php

Turns out, we had a top 10 defense against the run according to their metrics.

Anyway, that was just a tangent and shouldn't distract you from the real point, that you were quoting completely out of context for the sole purpose of misrepresenting me. Yeah, that shows class all right.

Bye bye now, as I said, I won't make any further replies to this thread so feel free to make one final troll attack.
Dphins4me
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2006, 02:54:40 pm »

The only thing that's becoming increasingly clear is that you're a troll. You twist words, quote out of context and lie. This will be my last post on this thread, so feel free to get the last word in.
    Name calling.  Not surprised.

People often lash out when things are not going their way..

Wrong. About the defense and about what we were discussing, but that should come as no surprise.
  Well we are in two different threads then.   Looking back the D is part of what the posts are about, since you arrived on the scene.

This is where you COMPLETELY expose yourself as nothing but a troll. This is what I said:
Name Calling Again.  How nice.  That is twice in one post.

"Our defense played amazing ball until they simply gave up due to either fatigue or simply demoralization from the lack of offensive capabilities."

(emphasis added)

I think I quoted that same sentence twice already.  Do you ever read what you reply too? Doesn't appear that way.   Above you say we were not discussing the D & then you post a quote from you that brought the D into this thread in your very first post?   WTF?

I addressed this quote with how Tenn ran over top of Miami in Game 1 of the season which refutes you saying they play amazing until the got fatigue & demoralization, but simply ignoring that you are able to maintain its my fault.

I do want to add I quoted the whole sentence & not just a selected part which means I did not misquote you or do something incorrect.

Even then, you might actually want to consider using a more advanced metric than TOTAL YARDS to evaluate our defense. If you look at the correlation between total yards and, e.g., points scored or games won, total yards turns out to be quite a bad yard stick (no pun intended). There's a reason you don't compare quarterbacks based solely on YARDS PASSING, you know. The guys at Football Outsiders have been working for years to come up with a good system for defense (and offense) which looks at each and every single play and compares it to other "similar" plays and what the league average is on those plays.
   A good statisticians can make Gus Frerotte a top ten Qb, so the fact these guys spin numbers to say Miami had a top 10 rushing D does not concern me.

Turns out, we had a top 10 defense against the run according to their metrics.
  They can say what they want, but in 16 games you have 10 of the opponents RBs have 100 or more yards against you is not a good sign you played amazing at any point of the season, however stats can be spun, but my fact is something that cannot be spun.   

You would get laughed out of a room if you told someone who knew football that Miami's D gave up 10 hundred yard rushers, but had a rushing D ranked in the top ten.

Anyway, that was just a tangent and shouldn't distract you from the real point, that you were quoting completely out of context for the sole purpose of misrepresenting me. Yeah, that shows class all right.
  Never misquoted you or took it out of context.    You clearly said in your first post that Miami's D played amazing until  fatigue or demoralization affected them.

I pointed out that unless that happened in the 1st half of Game 1 of the season then that is not an accurate remembence of what happened.

Bye bye now, as I said, I won't make any further replies to this thread so feel free to make one final troll attack.
Another insult.   How mature.

I simply refutted your errors, which is all I've done in this thread, but you lash out with name calling instead of admitting your errors. 

I did without the name calling.

Are you going to define the word "Is" for us now?
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2006, 04:38:32 pm »

If you guys are done arguing, I'm going to lock this thread now.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray