Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 05:10:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2006 NFL Draft Prospects Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Which of the following players (pick 2) do you feel are destined for NFL greatness.
QB Matt Leinart   -3 (7.3%)
RB Reggie Bush   -17 (41.5%)
QB Vince Young   -2 (4.9%)
OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson   -5 (12.2%)
LB A.J. Hawk   -4 (9.8%)
QB Jay Cutler   -5 (12.2%)
DE Mario Williams   -1 (2.4%)
LB DeMeco Ryans   -1 (2.4%)
DE Tamba Hali   -0 (0%)
CB Jimmy Williams   -3 (7.3%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: 2006 NFL Draft Prospects Poll  (Read 6682 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: January 24, 2006, 03:30:02 pm »

I may be wearing the ol' rose-colored glasses, but it sure seems to me that a large number of this year's draft class has the talent to become outstanding starters at the next level. The question is...who do YOU see as being "can't-miss" prospects from this draft class? I've posted a poll above, but since there are more prospects than answers available (you can pick 2), any write-in prospects are welcome here.

In addition to the pair I voted for above, my write-in that isn't on this list...RB Lendale White. He reminds me so much of Shaun Alexander when he was at Alabama that it isn't even funny. Big, strong, nose for the end zone and an attitude that says "go on, hit me...I ain't going down."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
alk3hol
Uber Member

Frak!

alk3hol alk3hol
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 03:44:44 pm »

write-in vote for DeAngelo Williams  Grin

“I've always said you can get more with a kind word and a two-by-four than you can with just a kind word.” -Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 03:45:58 pm »

I'll take Jimmy Williams and Reggie Bush!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 04:10:35 pm »

I'll take Jimmy Williams and Reggie Bush!!!!!

From everything I'm hearing, the Cards are screaming "LenDale in Glendale" and will take the guy I used as my write-in, LenDale White. I do hope the Niners take Jimmy Williams (one of the two I voted for here, along with D-Brick), but I'm beginning to think the only way we'll take Jimmy is if we trade down to the 10-15 area.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 05:00:29 pm »

From everything I'm hearing, the Cards are screaming "LenDale in Glendale" and will take the guy I used as my write-in, LenDale White. I do hope the Niners take Jimmy Williams (one of the two I voted for here, along with D-Brick), but I'm beginning to think the only way we'll take Jimmy is if we trade down to the 10-15 area.

Yeah I have heard the same and I am really hoping that they pull it off. the only downfall is we still do not have an offensive line to block for the guy so instead of JJ's 1 1/2 yard run we may get 3 yards from Lendale!!!!! I still think he would be a great addition to a team that has a good passing game!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 05:14:52 pm »

Good to see that there isn't 1 vote for Vince Young, who is destined to be the next Aaron Brooks of the league (mediocre QB)

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 05:27:02 pm »

Good to see that there isn't 1 vote for Vince Young, who is destined to be the next Aaron Brooks of the league (mediocre QB)
I don't know if I'll go that far with VY, but I AM surprised to see Bush get so many votes after his mediocre Rose Bowl performance. I do see D-Brick and several of the defensive players as being locks to become top-shelf NFL players.

~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 06:45:25 pm »

I'll agree on White and add Mathias Kiwanuka.
JMoney13

JMoney134u
Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 11:56:39 pm »

Watch out for DeMeco Ryans-the next Zach Thomas.  Considered smallish and not fast enough but with awesome instincts.

2005 TDMMC Fantasy Baseball Champion
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 07:49:16 am »

Bush looks to be something special.
I also chose Fergusson, since OT seems to translate well to the NFL.

Any of the QBs could do it, but there are just so many bust opportunities at that position.

I drink your milkshake!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 10:27:04 am »

I went with the two USC studs. No doubt that Bush is goign to be special. And Leinart, well despite what some people (Brian Fein) may think of him, take a look at what the "exact same" QB (Carson Palmer) did this year.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 10:58:40 pm »

I'll agree on White and add Mathias Kiwanuka.

I am really digging the coverage of the Senior Bowl practices this week. All the online reports coming out of Mobile as well as the NFL network's coverage. Watching the top prospects go head-to-head in workouts against other top prospects is really insightful. Today was a great example... The best O-lineman in this year's draft (D'Brickashaw Ferguson) going straight up against arguably one of the top-2 D-line prospects (Mathias Kiwanuka). Kiwanuka is going to be a great pro, I don't doubt this for a second, but Ferguson looked like the immovable object against him and both of the other DE's that lined up against the Brick today. Ferguson's upper body strength is already NFL-ready and his kick-out step is so quick that he'll be able to handle even the Dwight Freeneys of the world...

...man, I wish he was coming to San Francisco or Miami instead of (most likely) the miserable Jets.  Sad

~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 07:56:09 am »

I went with Ferguson as one of my votes..... that guy is a beast and I'd love to see the Dolphins get him.  Unfortunately, I see a team like Houston or San Fran gobbling him up.
DolFan619
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 12:32:15 pm »

I voted for Reggie Bush and D'Brickashaw Ferguson.  The Brick is a monster, he'll definately be an anchor for years to come on the offensive line of one lucky team.  Reggie Bush... need I say more?  This man can do so many things on the football field that can hurt you.  Run the ball, catch the ball, return kicks, return punts, etc.
crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 05:56:01 pm »

A. J. Hawk is the best player on that list
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray