Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:22:53 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Leinart Could Pull an Aaron Rodgers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Leinart Could Pull an Aaron Rodgers  (Read 20062 times)
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 12:21:00 am »

Keep track of PFT's stories with unnamed sources and my money says you will find 90%+ of them to be BS.  They are the only fools saying Leinart will be the next Aaron Rodgers.  It's a pathetic rumor.
I've actually read it on three different rumor sites. In any case, I don't think he will slip anywhere past #4. Hopefully, Saban finds some way to trade up and get him!

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 04:00:17 am »

Keep track of PFT's stories with unnamed sources and my money says you will find 90%+ of them to be BS.  They are the only fools saying Leinart will be the next Aaron Rodgers.  It's a pathetic rumor.
Where's the hate coming from?  You're not "Frosty" from Phinzmania are you?  They found 1 guy who said pass on Leinhart and 2 guys who say he's the best thing since Joe Namath.  You think every expert in the known universe agrees that Leinhart will be a HOFers?

90%?  Pure BS.  Show us.  Frosty couldn't do it either.  They're probably 50/50 and openly admit when they were wrong.  They're ahead of the pack on many things.

It's not a news site.  It's a "prediction" site, hence "rumormill".   They hear things.  They pass 'em on.  Only a fool takes any of it as gospel. 

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
The_Phinatic

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2006, 11:02:55 pm »

Where's the hate coming from?  You're not "Frosty" from Phinzmania are you?  They found 1 guy who said pass on Leinhart and 2 guys who say he's the best thing since Joe Namath.  You think every expert in the known universe agrees that Leinhart will be a HOFers?

I don't hate the site, it's quite entertaining.  What I hate is that too may suckers believe their crap.   

I am not Frosty, not even close.  If you think I'm wrong, let's bet.  I'll put a lot of money on a bet that Leinart will not fall like Rodgers.  People who take up for pft always want to give the 2 or 3 examples out of thousands where they get a rumor right but they never want to pony up when it comes time for a challenge.  Bet me if you believe them.

90%?  Pure BS.  Show us.  Frosty couldn't do it either.  They're probably 50/50 and openly admit when they were wrong.  They're ahead of the pack on many things.

50/50?  You show me.  I asked first for a check. I don't need to run the numbers because I have already read their stuff and know 50/50 isn't even close.  Ahead of the pack?  Yeah, if you believe them with no proof.  They are the National Enquirer of the NFL. 

It's not a news site.  It's a "prediction" site, hence "rumormill".   They hear things.  They pass 'em on.  Only a fool takes any of it as gospel. 

Exactly.  You must be 50% fool  Wink Cheesy.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 11:19:09 pm by The_Phinatic » Logged

The_Phinatic

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 11:10:58 pm »

Here's a couple of examples for you.

1) They started a rumor from "unnamed sources" that Scott Linehan may get fired in the middle of last season.  There was no way to verify this so we will never know -- exactly the way they want it --- but now people are crying because the guy is gone and he moved Miami from last to the 14th ranked offense in the NFL.  I seriously doubt Saban ever considered firing him.  Linehan was an easy target for PFT because he appeared to have made some mistakes. 

2) Here's the best PFT Dolphins rumor of all time ....

Word is that the Dolphins regard Lemon as the guy who can take over the starting job in 2006 -- and hold it indefinitely into the future. The Fins, we hear, had been scouting Lemon for months. They regard the deal as a steal.

ROCK ON PFT!! 

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 12:01:23 am »

What is it about webmasters from competing sights having issues with PFT?  Is it their connections?  Their amount of unique content? 

What kind of small person starts his own site with almost no unique/exclusive content, uses many of the same links as another site, but bashes the other site?  I'm not sure if that's funny or sad? 

I wonder how often the PFT contributors surf around the web bashing other sites?

Ricky Williams/Ronnie Brown and Hudson Houck had as much, if not more, to do with Miami's offensive improvements. 

Of course the Dolphins are going to say the Lemon trade was a steal - especially when they essentially gave up a 2nd round draft pick for him.  It's exactly the same when JJ said that Larry Shannon was as good as Randy Moss.  James Pruitt got the same type a hype back in '86.  The coaches raved about him so much that Dolphin Digest wondered which Marks brother would be benched.

Why does it bother you that PFT reports the hype.  Is it because of your major disappointment when it doesn't come true? 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 12:09:19 am »

What is it about webmasters from competing sights having issues with PFT?  Is it their connections?  Their amount of unique content? 

What kind of small person starts his own site with almost no unique/exclusive content, uses many of the same links as another site, but bashes the other site?  I'm not sure if that's funny or sad? 

I wonder how often the PFT contributors surf around the web bashing other sites?

Ricky Williams/Ronnie Brown and Hudson Houck had as much, if not more, to do with Miami's offensive improvements. 

Of course the Dolphins are going to say the Lemon trade was a steal - especially when they essentially gave up a 2nd round draft pick for him.  It's exactly the same when JJ said that Larry Shannon was as good as Randy Moss.  James Pruitt got the same type a hype back in '86.  The coaches raved about him so much that Dolphin Digest wondered which Marks brother would be benched.

Why does it bother you that PFT reports the hype.  Is it because of your major disappointment when it doesn't come true? 

PFT is the National Enquirer of football info. That is pretty much a given so it really isn't worth arguing about whether you like them or not. the only thing they are good for is pop-ups. I am curious though ... do you agree with anyone or do you just like the you against the world thing for everything?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 12:13:46 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 12:17:30 am »

What is it about webmasters from competing sights having issues with PFT? Is it their connections? Their amount of unique content?

While I personally don't have a beef with them, I heard some webmaster were upset because ProFootballTalk that had gotten some additional access to interviews and such, being that it's a tabloid version of other football sites. (not that that's a bad thing)

What kind of small person starts his own site with almost no unique/exclusive content, uses many of the same links as another site, but bashes the other site? I'm not sure if that's funny or sad?

I'm not sure if you're talking about this site specifically or not, but I believe that most of the main Dolphins fan sites have pretty decent original content...maybe not in-depth insight, but their own little take on stuff, promotions, etc.

I drink your milkshake!
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 12:26:13 am »

I heard some webmaster were upset because ProFootballTalk that had gotten some additional access to interviews and such...
Ah ha!  The source of phinatic.com's hate is revealed!   Tongue

I'm not sure if you're talking about this site specifically or not,
No.  This site is more than links to articles and a forum.  KUDOS!

***there was no edit ... I meant to hit reply! --- CF DolFan  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 12:47:26 am by CF DolFan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 12:44:19 am »

Have you seen Phinatics.com? Here is a list of some of his posted interviews.

Jeno James | Leonard Henry | James McKnight | Morlon Greenwood | Sage Rosenfels | Sam Madison | Bobby Humphrey | Charlie Rogers | Ricky Williams | Twan Russell | Oronde Gadsden | Dan Marino | Don Shula | Dwight Stephenson | Jason Taylor | Shawn Wooden | Larry Chester | Bob Baumhower | OJ McDuffie | Louis Oliver | Tony Nathan | Mike Kolen | Manny Fernandez | Trent Gamble | Paris Johnson
Todd Perry

This doesn't take into account how many events he has where players (past and current) hook up with the fans.  Attacking him for not being original is like saying the ocean is a big lake. Your talking about a guy who has Ricky's mom on speed dial, has been in his house and plays with his kids.  A guy who has made Jeno James' father available to any fan who wants a personal link to the team.  Doug can introduce you to OJ McDuffie or Jim Jensen or even their parents if you like.  The guy has as many or more south Florida hook-ups than some writers down there. You just aren't even in the same converation.

Now I will get off of Doug's jock because he aint no freaking Saint either... I can assure you.  Grin

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 12:45:04 am »

PFT is the National Enquirer of football info.
This actually could be taken either way depending on who you believe.   Do a search on the Enquirer and see what you come up with.  I suppose it could just be that the Enquirer controls Google, or possibly the entire internet - and just doesn't allow negative stories to go public.  Tongue

Anyway - back to the real topic... PFT is what it is.  Wise people read it with interest... AND a grain of salt.  They appreciate it knowing that some stories will evolve and others will fiizzle.  Others read it out of context, get duped, and are resentful.  

If any of you could do better you wouldn't be here.

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 12:50:11 am »

Have you seen Phinatics.com? Here is a list of some of his posted interviews.

Jeno James | Leonard Henry | James McKnight | Morlon Greenwood | Sage Rosenfels | Sam Madison | Bobby Humphrey | Charlie Rogers | Ricky Williams | Twan Russell | Oronde Gadsden | Dan Marino | Don Shula | Dwight Stephenson | Jason Taylor | Shawn Wooden | Larry Chester | Bob Baumhower | OJ McDuffie | Louis Oliver | Tony Nathan | Mike Kolen | Manny Fernandez | Trent Gamble | Paris Johnson
Todd Perry

This doesn't take into account how many events he has where players (past and current) hook up with the fans.  Attacking him for not being original is like saying the ocean is a big lake. Your talking about a guy who has Ricky's mom on speed dial, has been in his house and plays with his kids.  A guy who has made Jeno James' father available to any fan who wants a personal link to the team.  Doug can introduce you to OJ McDuffie or Jim Jensen or even their parents if you like.  The guy has as many or more south Florida hook-ups than some writers down there. You just aren't even in the same converation.
Wow - Doug does all that and still has time to bash other sites?  What would make a big time media mogul worry about swatting flies?  It's like Ted Turner or Rupert Murdoch complaining about a cable access show.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006, 12:59:38 am »

Phinatics.com has plenty of great content.  In addition to all of the stuff CF mentioned, he also has:

- great trips and events each year
- cool t-shirts printed
- Jim Jensen's game comments
- original photography

Enough with the Doug reach-around...

I drink your milkshake!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 01:00:56 am »

Wow - Doug does all that and still has time to bash other sites?  What would make a big time media mogul worry about swatting flies?  It's like Ted Turner or Rupert Murdoch complaining about a cable access show.
Is all you are going to do come on here and bash other folks?

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2006, 01:14:27 am »

Yeah - I know it's terrible when people who bash get bashed in return.  I'll try to resist the temptation to respond to petty ravings about 3rd parties in the future - at least until I earn my way onto the "reach around" committee.  Tongue

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2006, 07:23:10 am »

Enough with the Doug reach-around...
Yes ... next thing you know we will be building him a statue or something!  Smiley

run_to _win has some verbage of RFK but I think RFK was much better at debating. I haven't figured this guy out yet. I think he just likes to stir the pot as well. Surely he doesn't believe some of the things he posts on here. Best to just ignore him.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray