Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:18:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Leinart Could Pull an Aaron Rodgers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Leinart Could Pull an Aaron Rodgers  (Read 20131 times)
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2006, 10:40:32 am »

Yeah, all these guys who dare disagree with the Ubers and stick to their guns just want to stir the pot.  If you're not an Uber or a member of the reach-around gang then you're just filler.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2006, 01:30:29 pm »

Have you seen Phinatics.com? Here is a list of some of his posted interviews.

Jeno James | Leonard Henry | James McKnight | Morlon Greenwood | Sage Rosenfels | Sam Madison | Bobby Humphrey | Charlie Rogers | Ricky Williams | Twan Russell | Oronde Gadsden | Dan Marino | Don Shula | Dwight Stephenson | Jason Taylor | Shawn Wooden | Larry Chester | Bob Baumhower | OJ McDuffie | Louis Oliver | Tony Nathan | Mike Kolen | Manny Fernandez | Trent Gamble | Paris Johnson
Todd Perry

This doesn't take into account how many events he has where players (past and current) hook up with the fans.  Attacking him for not being original is like saying the ocean is a big lake. Your talking about a guy who has Ricky's mom on speed dial, has been in his house and plays with his kids.  A guy who has made Jeno James' father available to any fan who wants a personal link to the team.  Doug can introduce you to OJ McDuffie or Jim Jensen or even their parents if you like.  The guy has as many or more south Florida hook-ups than some writers down there. You just aren't even in the same converation.

Now I will get off of Doug's jock because he aint no freaking Saint either... I can assure you.  Grin

I totally agree there.  I had the pleasure of attending a couple of Doug's events and managed to have a nice  conversation with both coach Saban and Wayne Huizenga, as well as tip a couple of pints back with Crash Jensen. 
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2006, 02:43:04 pm »

The interviews are great.  I appreciate them.  That is unique content from willing participants.  KUDOS! 

As far as accuracy goes, information about what happened yesterday, or 30 years ago, should be more precise than predictions of what might happen tomorrow, or what happened behind the scenes yesterday.

On that note, the challenge stands - to everyone.  Use all your knowledge and connections to predict what's going to happen across the entire NFL, or what happened but was kept secret, and let's see how good, or bad, PFT is by comparison. 

Insulting PFT for not being a news site is like insulting phinatics.com for not being a prediction/behind the scenes site.  They are what they are.

The_Phinatic

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2006, 11:18:43 pm »

What is it about webmasters from competing sights having issues with PFT?  Is it their connections?  Their amount of unique content? 

phinatics.com is not a competing sight with pft.   My site is a Dolphins fan site not a NFL rumor mill.  I actually love pft because I get a lot of hits from their links page.  I just feel sorry for people that actually believe they are a legitimate news source.  They are no different than you or me starting a website and making up make rumors with "unnamed sources".   Read their stuff.   It cracks me up when they have  teammates allegedly saying their teammates are "pussies", etc.  Give me a break.  Like some player is going to tell some unaccredited site something like that.  The Cleo Lemon thing is hilarious.  And, how hard is to spin that Linehan may get fired after the team blows a game by passing 4 times when you have R&R in the backfield?  Look at the way they wrote it.  It's what fans would say, so they believe it.  I wanted him fired too, so it's tempting to sucker for it, but c'mon.  They just look at what fans think and then spin in to make it look like reality.  It's entertaining, but to act like it's gospel is just plain sad, and people do it.  I know that for a fact.

What kind of small person starts his own site with almost no unique/exclusive content, uses many of the same links as another site, but bashes the other site?  I'm not sure if that's funny or sad? 

First of all, I'm not a small person.  I'm 200 pounds and need to be at about 185.

My site has tons of unique and exclusive content and you'd know that if you actually checked it out instead of reading BS at pft.  As a matter of fact, you are here at this site which is much like my site --  A Dolphins fan site with fans interacting.  What same links are you talking about anyway?  The news?  Of course I use the same links on Dolphins news because that's what we are all after --- Dolphins news.  I don't use any of pft's stuff on my site if that's what you are referring to by the way.  As a matter of fact, the funny thing is that most of PFT's rumor mill includes links to other sites where they get their information from.  I like that part of their site because it's informative with a proof source.  What I don't like is when they try to act like they have some inside scoop no one else has and then fans believe it.

I wonder how often the PFT contributors surf around the web bashing other sites?

They bash ESPN every month by claiming they "steal" stories from them.  Do you even read their site? 

Ricky Williams/Ronnie Brown and Hudson Houck had as much, if not more, to do with Miami's offensive improvements. 

This is irrelevant to the debate.  Scott Linehan was never going to be fired in the middle of the season and PFT claimed he might be.  It was total BS and people believed it anyway.

Of course the Dolphins are going to say the Lemon trade was a steal - especially when they essentially gave up a 2nd round draft pick for him.  It's exactly the same when JJ said that Larry Shannon was as good as Randy Moss.  James Pruitt got the same type a hype back in '86.  The coaches raved about him so much that Dolphin Digest wondered which Marks brother would be benched.

The Dolphins DIDN'T say it!  PFT said the Dolphins allegedly believe Cleo was the answer.  No source, no names, no nothing.  It was BS like the Linehan story.

Why does it bother you that PFT reports the hype.  Is it because of your major disappointment when it doesn't come true? 

It doesn't bother me.  I enjoy reading their comedy.  What bothers me is when people like you use it as a source and believe what they say is factual.   Their site is a rumor mill and it's hilarious if you actually read some of the crap they put out there from "unnamed sources".  It's fun and harmless until fan actually take it seriously.  A lot of their stuff is just news they grab from other sites and that's fine, but they also try to be a news source on their own and they are not legitimate.

Lastly, thanks to CF, Tommy, and Dave for setting the record straight that my site is not just links to other sites or whatever the claim was about phinatics.com.  As far me coming on here just to bash other people, I'm pretty sure this is not the only thread I've been in on and the others were not about me bashing people.   I'm a Dolphins fan and try to get along with all Dolphins fans, but I'm not going to sit here and go along with PFT's crap being fact because it is not.  I've had the same debate on my own site.

As far as the challenge goes, I never claimed to have more knowledge or connections than anyone else to predict what is going to happen in the NFL.  But, PFT does and they are full of sh**.  If you don't believe me, try their site for the next week or so and do the math.  Hopefully you can find material past their dozens of ads.   Why don't we just go with the rumor that started this thread?  When Lienart drops like Aaron Rodgers please let me know so I can become a PFT believer  Shocked.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 11:23:01 pm by The_Phinatic » Logged

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2006, 12:12:21 am »

but to act like it's gospel is just plain sad, and people do it.  I know that for a fact.
Just out of curiosity, and to keep things very clear and in perspective... has anyone in this thread quoted PFT as gospel?  More specifically, have I, anywhere on this message board, quoted PFT as gospel.

My site has tons of unique and exclusive content and you'd know that if you actually checked it out instead of reading BS at pft. 
I've lurked around your site, and many other Dolphin sites, for some time.  Not everyday - not even every week.   Getting involved in sites becomes very time consuming so I limit myself.   The "unique content" was in reference to predictions about what's going to happen or what happened but wasn't reported on. 

What same links are you talking about anyway?  The news?  Of course I use the same links on Dolphins news because that's what we are all after --- Dolphins news.
Yes. 

As a matter of fact, the funny thing is that most of PFT's rumor mill includes links to other sites where they get their information from.  I like that part of their site because it's informative with a proof source.  What I don't like is when they try to act like they have some inside scoop no one else has and then fans believe it.
Fair enough.  PFT is very good at providing links when they can.  When they can't, they let you know.  Good examples are the Chris Henry story - they dismissed it initially, and the current story titled, "TOO-STRANGE-TO-BE-PHONY RUMOR COMES OUR WAY."  They're sitting on the story because it's so far out there.

they try to act like they have some inside scoop no one else has and then fans believe it.
They DO occasionally seem to have inside some scoops but unless there's a source wise people take them with a grain of salt.

Just out of curiosity, are your political leanings to the left?  If so this could be a case of a "right-winger" assuming that most people are smart enough to decide for themselves and a "left-winger" assuming that most people AREN'T smart enough. 

They bash ESPN every month by claiming they "steal" stories from them.  Do you even read their site? 
Yes, but they bash on or two people on ESPN ON THEIR OWN SITE.  They don't, to my knowledge, surf to site A to bash site B. 

This is irrelevant to the debate.
It's not totally irrelevant because you seemed to imply that Scot Linehan was the ONLY reason for the improvement, while I think that with the addition of Ricky Williams/Ronnie Brown and Hudson Houck that even Kippy Brown could have coordinated the offense to a major step in the right direction.

Scott Linehan was never going to be fired in the middle of the season and PFT claimed he might be.  It was total BS and people believed it anyway.
If PFT outright lied then I agree with you.  If PFT's source was the janitor's 3rd cousin's barber then I agree with you.  However, if PFT merely got it wrong and some people were duped then that's their own problem, not PFTs.

What bothers me is when people like you use it as a source and believe what they say is factual.
Predictions and theories, by definition, can't be factual until they actually occur.  Talking about yesterday is black and white.  If some talks about Jerome Bettis being the MVP of Super Bowl XL - that's black and white.  If someone talks about Ben Roethlisberger possibly being traded straight up for Sam Madison - it's absurd... but it's not quite a lie.  Gullible people will believe it, others won't.

The Dolphins DIDN'T say it!  PFT said the Dolphins allegedly believe Cleo was the answer.  No source, no names, no nothing.  It was BS like the Linehan story.
So not one person in the entire organization thinks Cleo Lemon is future starter?  And you know this because you've asked everyone of them?  I can see where trading a "2nd round draft pick" for Lemon might cause some to CYA Jimmy Johnson style.   

Why don't we just go with the rumor that started this thread?  When Lienart drops like Aaron Rodgers please let me know so I can become a PFT believer  Shocked.
In the same article they "quoted" two sources that think Lienhart will be great.  Why aren't you disputing those unnamed sources?

Mind you, I never agreed with or disputed that rumor.  My disagreement was with the "PFT is 90% BS" comment.  You're the one so angry about the assertion so go out on a ledge and tell us when Leinhart will be picked.  Top 5?  Top 10?  How far does he have to fall for the rumor to be correct?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 12:15:42 am by run_to_win » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2006, 12:18:34 am »

Just out of curiosity, are your political leanings to the left?  If so this could be a case of a "right-winger" assuming that most people are smart enough to decide for themselves and a "left-winger" assuming that most people AREN'T smart enough. 

...decide for themselves about money issues.  We better let you decide what's best for their morality.

I drink your milkshake!
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2006, 12:53:48 am »

...decide for themselves about money issues.  We better let you decide what's best for their morality.
Right about the money issues.  Dems just want you to give it all to them.

Good point about the morals issue.  We wouldn't want any touchy-feely politically correct "it's okay if you think it's okay" morality going on in here! 

Please upgrade my status to "Morality Uber" but keep me off the "reach around" club for the time being.  Such associations would conflict with my new role.  Hopefully someday I can become drunk with power and overlook the obvious hypocritical aspect.  At that point I'll appropriately change my screen name to "Ted Kennedy".  Tongue

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2006, 02:00:20 am »

I think that I've counted six or seven back handed jabs at people on this board that are uber members.  If you are that concerned about becoming one - I'd suggest you take your leave us of.  God forbid you reach 300 posts.  Otherwise - relax. 

I'm not sure why you are so threatened by people that have been around the block on one particular site for a period of time, but I for one am insulted at the notion that we all go along with the crowd;  proverbial sheep being prodded along in the field.  Uber members on this site mean exactly one thing - we been around here long enough to know each other.  It appears, in your world, that makes us "drunk with power?"

The more I read between the lines of your posts, I'm finding your choice of your avatar more and more interesting.  And a little more than a tad hypocritical.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2006, 02:11:44 am »

...to add a book note to the previous post, the disappointing thing about this is this:  right up until the insults your arguements really hold my attention.  You make great points, you validate them - and then poof!  Off goes something to completely discredit it all.  Feel free to add me to the "reach around" club if you so wish.  Personally - I'd just like to discuss the Miami Dolphins.  I don't give a rat's ass about other sites, sources, or post count next to names.

-Voltaire
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2006, 02:15:38 am »

Six or seven?  Is that all?  I've obviously been slacking.

If I was threatened by Ubers then wouldn't I be less likely to fight back?

Obviously there are exceptions - Ubers on almost any site I've ever been on get very pissy when you jab back.  They want to take petty shots and are dumbfounded when some newbie has the balls to shoot back.  "How dare you treat me the way I treat you?  Don't you see than I'm an Uber!?!"

Uber is an attitude as much as anything.  They're self-annointed royalty who can do no wrong and are deeply offended when challenged.  If Don Shula came on this site incognito there are people who would take him to task based on his "newbie" status.

Like I said, there are exceptions.

Please, when I reach 300 posts change my designation to the description of your choice.  Asshole, dumbass, ignoramus, eternal newbie - whatever you want, just anything except Uber.

Tell me more about my avatar - it was just cool gif I saw someone using on the NAFL site.

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2006, 02:22:18 am »

...to add a book note to the previous post, the disappointing thing about this is this:  right up until the insults your arguements really hold my attention.  You make great points, you validate them
That's very nice of you to say.  I really appreciate the feedback.

- and then poof!  Off goes something to completely discredit it all.
Sadly, to me this simply says I'm fitting in.  I usually go out of my way to match tone.  The high road is lonely and not nearly as much fun.

-Feel free to add me to the "reach around" club if you so wish.
This is a tired joke based on Dave's comment in reply #26 of this thread.

-Personally - I'd just like to discuss the Miami Dolphins.  I don't give a rat's ass about other sites, sources, or post count next to names.
I basically agree. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 02:23:57 am by run_to_win » Logged

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2006, 02:46:35 am »

Let's start with the avatar.  You'll excuse my geeking out on you, a lot of my faith practices are based in the ancient roots of martial arts.  The yin yang, or Tai-Chi symbol, is from I-Ching.  I-Ching is the foundation of Chinese philosophy. 

In general, the Yin Yang symbol is a Chinese representation of the entire celestial phenomenon. It contains the cycle of Sun, four seasons.

The light color area which indicates more sunlight is called Yang (Sun). The dark color area has less sunlight (more moonlight) and is called Yin (Moon). Yang is like man. Yin is like woman. Yang wouldn't grow without Yin. Yin couldn't give birth without Yang. Yin is born (begins) at Summer Solstice and Yang is born (begins) at Winter Solstice. Therefore one little circle Yin is marked on the Summer Solstice position. Another little circle Yang is marked on the Winter Solstice position. These two little circles look like two fish eyes.

Or, basically, what has been redefined by popular culture as "balance."  No dark without light, etc.

So - if you subscribe to this as I do, you might understand why an avatar next to the words "run to win" would not make complete sense.  A pure screen name in that sense would be more along the lines of a combo "special teams, defense, offense, blocking, passing, rushing, tackling..."

Told you.  Excuse the geekdom.  Anyway and onward.

I believe that it's easy to become defensive and assume someone is saying "I have 3,000 posts and you have 16.  You're an idiot."  I don't think you'll find many (if any) people here that will do that.  I'll use myself as an example.  In the "other sports" forum a member called me out and made assumptions about my "tone" in a post.  I accurately told him that judging by his post count he hasn't been around me long enough to judge my tone; it was unfair.  In this modern age of emails and text messages verus face to face meetings and phone conversations - there is too much left to figure out on our own.  My point was simple and stated outright - debate the facts with me all day long and don't take anything I say personally.  But don't make personal judgements on me, you haven't been here long enough to know me.

I don't notice "post count" otherwise.  I don't think this instance of taking notice was a bad thing.  The guys on this board (Brian, Dave, UK, CF, Sunstroke, Philly, Jtex, etc) - these are all good and decent guys.  They'll argue with you, they'll debate until they are blue in the face.  And in real life they are the first ones to offer to buy your dinner for you. 

So - to try to sum this up so it sounds more like me taking up for some of the guys versus a lecture (which it isn't meant to be) - 99.9% of us ignore the post count thing.  We love new members.  I love signing on and seeing screen names I've never seen before.  I guess my long winded point is this:  try not to bring too much of what happens at other message boards here with your experience.  We're a different breed of people here.  We just enjoy each other's company.  We fight, we bicker, we bitch, we call each other out - but it's all light hearted.  So if someone has made you feel as though what you are saying isn't as valid as a "higher member" - my apologies for that person.

-Voltaire
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2006, 03:02:32 am »

That's awesome stuff.  Like I said, it was just a cool graphic I "stole" from someone on another forum.  I had no idea that I was misleading anyone into thinking I was cultured or intelligent.  What if I change my name to "run and play defense to win"?  Wink

"Run_to_win" goes back to the Marino era and has been my forum nickname since early 1999 on the old Miami Dolphins.com forum.  Anyone else have roots there?   I know, I know - the defense failed too but that might have some connection with the lack of running game.  Remember Shula's comments about Sammy Smith when he drafted him?  That's another thread. 

I totally agree with the rest of your post... except that many senior members get really riled up when you respond to them the way they respond to you.  Again, it comes across as "How dare you?!  Don't you realize who I am?!"

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2006, 03:19:09 am »

I'm certainly not cultured, nor intelligent.  I can throw a mean spinning heal kick, tho.  Smiley

Now the question is this - do the senior members really pull rank, or could it be a combination of bad experiences and other members attitudes causing that illusion?  Certainly not trying to say your feelings aren't valid in any sense, maybe I'm blinded by friendships and lost sight of how some people act and react here.  I'd like to think most people here just like a good fight.
Smiley

-Voltaire
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2006, 08:01:28 am »

Run to win, I don't know who you are, but you really need to attend one of Phinatic's events before you start bashing his site.  I guarantee you that once you go, your opinion will totally change.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray