Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:51:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Leinart Could Pull an Aaron Rodgers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Leinart Could Pull an Aaron Rodgers  (Read 20123 times)
The_Phinatic

WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2006, 09:15:52 am »

As usual, PFT supporters spin everything around to confuse the issue anymore.  I'm not going to get into politics here or address any of the other silly responses about this thread.  The bottom line is that PFT's claim that Leinart will drop like Aaron Rodgers is asinine and the proof will be there come April.  As far as my site goes, I know better than anyone what information it provides and I don't visit here to just talk about my site so I'm through with that conversation as well.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2006, 12:25:08 pm »

I totally agree with the rest of your post... except that many senior members get really riled up when you respond to them the way they respond to you.  Again, it comes across as "How dare you?!  Don't you realize who I am?!"

I think if you go back and read what any "senior" member has said to you, it will not show any "How dare you?" sentiment.  Quite the contrary. If you'd spend a little less time name calling and such you would see the welcome wagon at your front door. 

There is no "rank" in here as you call it. As a matter of fact, the only time I even hear or see someone's post count is when they post a celebration thread complete with girls and the obligatory Jet's/Bills/Patriots suck comment. Most of the times the post count usually has to be reminded by another member.

We have in here Cowboy, Broncos and even Giants fans that we manage to get along and debate with. Sometimes we even agree. Why and the heck would anyone want to pull rank on a Dolphins fan?

My advice to you is to stay away from personal attacks and get to know everyone before you compare us to other overzealous boards. You might actually meet some nice people.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2006, 12:44:26 pm »

If you'd spend a little less time name calling and such you would see the welcome wagon at your front door.

That's not a Welcome Wagon, I think that's a SWAT team.

But, since I was slacking in my moderatorly duties, welcome to the board, run_to_win

There is no "rank" in here as you call it.

Except for me, of course...I am the very model of a modern major general.  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2006, 12:50:38 pm »

My trigger finger is getting itchy......

.......ready to run over to that login link and clone run_to_win's ID......

..........nahhhhhhhhh, I can't do it. 
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2006, 01:32:21 pm »

I think if you go back and read what any "senior" member has said to you, it will not show any "How dare you?" sentiment.  Quite the contrary. If you'd spend a little less time name calling and such you would see the welcome wagon at your front door. 
Cripes CF - did you read the post immediately about yours? 

There is no "rank" in here as you call it.
*sigh* One more time.  There are members who are surprised and irritated when responded to with their tone.  Then the grudge, or vendetta, as Spider-Dan so accurately put it starts.  Phin and Spider Dan come to mind.  Again, it's the "How dare you treat me the way I treated you" reaction that I find so humorous, yet petty, infantile, etc, etc, etc.

My advice to you is to stay away from personal attacks
Again, this comes across as "newbie - watch your mouth and be glad that we even acknowledge you - no matter how rudely."

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2006, 01:38:05 pm »

My trigger finger is getting itchy......

......ready to run over to that login link and clone run_to_win's ID......

.........nahhhhhhhhh, I can't do it.

Good call...I believe you're still on double-secret probation.  Grin

You wouldn't happen to know who posts on Phinatics site under the name of "YoFuggedaboutit," would ya? That dude and I should have a little heart-to-heart about the perils of plagiarism. Can ya dig the syrup on them waffles?  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2006, 01:48:16 pm »

As usual, PFT supporters spin everything around to confuse the issue anymore. 
You're as stubborn as a mule... and almost as smart.

I'm not going to ... address any of the other silly responses about this thread.
Smart choice.  Responding to your own posts is never good form.

The bottom line is that PFT's claim that Leinart will drop like Aaron Rodgers is asinine and the proof will be there come April.
So PFT hears a rumor that Leinhart might slide, they title their report with a question mark "Leinhart to slide....?"

Then they quote one "expert" who says he will, one who says he won't, and one who says he might, but shouldn't.

Where's the problem?  Either you have some financial stake in Leinhart, or you're a petty fool so full of hatred towards another site that you feel you have to twist their words around?  Did you have this amount of passion for Aaron Rodgers last year?

I'd quote the article for you but I doubt you'd lower yourself to actually reading it.  Part of it is already posted on page 1, response #10 of this thread.   That way you can read it without sullying yourself with inferiority of PFT.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
The_Phinatic

WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2006, 02:03:11 pm »

Love the mule reference especially coming from an ass.   PFT insults intelligent people and that's why you aren't insulted and take up for it so much. 

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2006, 02:45:12 pm »

Dude,

I don't want to tread the lines of "pulling rank" on you, but you're the only one who looks at those little titles.  In my eyes (and likely most other people's), they're nothing but screen clutter.

I have seen other sites where you're right, new guys are treated like idiots (most notably footballguys.com and fftoday.com - if your member number isn't below 10,000, they don't believe you one bit).  I can assure you, that doesn't take place here.

We all jab each other, regardless of "rank" as you say.  Don't take offense cause you have 256 posts and other people have more.  You seem to have alot of intelligence and insight to offer to the forums.  Keep it going! Smiley

That said, this topic is so far off, I'm putting the old Master Lock on this puppy.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 02:46:46 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray