Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:15:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Flutie's drop kick
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Flutie's drop kick  (Read 4810 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 11:19:19 am »

Its not that - its just a play that no one ran in a while.  What makes is so special?
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2006, 11:44:26 am »

Its not that - its just a play that no one ran in a while.  What makes is so special?
Its not that its a play no one has run in awhile, its an aspect of the game which is no longer used. Remember, the drop kick was the norm for years and years.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2006, 04:44:11 pm »

I think you guys are missing th point of Canton wanting it. They keep all kinds of memorabilia. This is something that didn't happen for how many years? Why wouldn't they put it in a showcase for a bit? It seems like you guys are just hating because of when it happened

No hating here...I kind of chuckled when they did it...

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2006, 06:52:10 pm »

Keep in mind, he made the kick.  I think that's worth a little extra.

No one would be talking about this if he missed it.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2006, 10:35:51 pm »

It's the same concept of catching Barry Bonds's record breaking home run ball....... I'll bet the guy will strike a deal either with the Patriots or with Canton for that football. 
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2006, 08:45:55 am »

When he caught the ball some guy offered him $20,000 for it. Two days ago some guy in Texas has offered him $200,000.

Mr. X is already a season ticket holder. I don't agree with him asking for season tickets. He's just fucking all the fans that are on the waiting list to get season tickets.

The $100,000. he said he didn't want. He put that out there for the pats to come back with a offer.(ie $50,000)

I don't blame him for not giving out his identity he would have drunk fans fucking with him all the time at the games.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2006, 11:16:21 am »

I don't blame him for not giving out his identity he would have drunk fans fucking with him all the time at the games.

Like the other season ticket holders in the section around him don't know who he is...? 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray