Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:52:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Yorkers embrace Damon...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Yorkers embrace Damon...  (Read 3373 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: January 30, 2006, 11:45:36 pm »

Smiley
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 03:13:08 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 11:52:41 pm »

I love watching the Yankees lose, so I'm really hoping Damon chokes in the big apple this year.

Maine...next time we chat on the phone, remind me to tell you about Peter Gammons' evil twin who lives down here in S FL.  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 11:55:12 pm »

Is there a Gammons' clone is SoFlo?

-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 12:06:58 am »

Is there a Gammons' clone is SoFlo?

Yeah...an evil clone. I think I used the term "an offense to my sports sensibilities" when I told Fau about him a couple of weeks ago.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 12:35:15 am »

It's not a surprise. In addition to Damon being part of the Red Sox, he is an arrogant and delusional prick who is taking over for a beloved player.

He'll have a chance to prove himself to the fans. He won't get booed at Yankee Stadium for their home opener, but I suspect Bubba Crosby will get a louder ovation.

Same thing for A-Rod aka "Dominican Traitor" trademark Pedro Martinez and every other player on the Dumbinacan Team.
SCFinFan
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 08:03:07 am »

Yes, it may be true that Johnny Damon will get booed. And frankly, if NYers want to do that, it's fine (after all, these are the same people who booed Mariano Rivera last year).

But what I'll never understand is stuff like this:
In addition to Damon being part of the Red Sox, he is an arrogant and delusional prick...

An arrogant and delusional prick? WTF? How do you know? Have you ever met the man and sat down with him? What do you base such speculation on? His recent decisions as far as his career goes? On his ghost-written books? Please, that's beyond stupid. You're not in the man's head.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 08:05:46 am by SCFinFan » Logged
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 09:53:29 am »

Big deal. They are all booing now till he makes a big play or hits in some RBI's. I still like Damon. When he comes to play in Boston I will not boo him. Its not his falt the Sox fucked up and didnt sign him.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 12:13:42 pm »

Yes, it may be true that Johnny Damon will get booed. And frankly, if NYers want to do that, it's fine (after all, these are the same people who booed Mariano Rivera last year).

But what I'll never understand is stuff like this:
An arrogant and delusional prick? WTF? How do you know? Have you ever met the man and sat down with him? What do you base such speculation on? His recent decisions as far as his career goes? On his ghost-written books? Please, that's beyond stupid. You're not in the man's head.

His comments between saying Boston is "America's Team" and then how he has recently martyred himself saying he wanted to stay in Boston but they didn't want him. When someone offers me $40 Million for 4 years, that means they want me.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 06:19:26 pm »

I was in the thought process of being thankful for what Damon had done for Boston, but his mouth lately has started to piss me off.  I highly doubt I'll be attending many games this year as a fan, booing from the press box will get me run, but I'll be booing in my heart.

What ever happened to just leaving with class?  Take your money, memories and championship ring and start your new chapter.  All these flapping of the gums doesn't need to be done.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 06:21:56 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged

-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 07:31:23 pm »

Statistically, I am glad we got Damon because he is a very good leadoff/#2 guy and is much better defensively than what we had. But, if there were ever a player who wasn't made for NY on a personal level, it's Damon.

Well, first Barry Bonds and THEN Damon.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray