Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:09:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Next Edition more jays rumors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Next Edition more jays rumors  (Read 2433 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: January 31, 2006, 01:40:00 pm »

With Mike Piazza out of the picture (he signed with the San Diego Padres on the weekend), I’m told the Jays have upped their offer to catcher Bengie Molina and have guaranteed him first-string status, which would mean Gregg Zaun would become a backup ... Because of a complete absence of interest, the Jays still can’t unload Eric Hinske, so they’re preparing to use him as a pinch hitter and occasional designated hitter — but only against right-handed pitchers. Against lefties last season, Hinske batted a mere .170, but he wasn’t all that bad against righties, averaging .283 ... Here’s how The Sporting News’ fantasy-baseball experts are describing the Jays’ newest multimillionaire pitcher, A.J. Burnett: “Based on pure stuff, few are better than Burnett. His fastball is clocked regularly from 97 to 100 m.p.h., and he can be virtually unhittable when his changeup is working. But he has yet to match his physical talents with his mental makeup. During his seven-game winning streak (last season), Burnett induced more weak contact and went deeper into games. When he went back to trying to overpower hitters, he struggled (0-6 in his final seven starts).”

http://www.metronews.ca/column_york_report.asp?id=13695&cid=10223

Something i found on of course my jays

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray