Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:46:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  ricky wanted by broncos?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: ricky wanted by broncos?  (Read 9145 times)
Predatory_Fins
« on: February 01, 2006, 08:02:25 am »

Whats it going to be donkos? Ricky or TO? Two NFL sources confirmed that the Denver Broncos may consider dealing for Miami running back Ricky Williams this offseason. Dolphins coach Nick Saban has said he will listen to offers for Williams.

However, the Broncos are also considering trading for wide receiver Terrell Owens. It's unlikely the Broncos would target both Owens and Williams.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 08:43:22 am »

If the Broncos pull them both off,  get ready to see the road to Super Bowl 41 go through Denver...

prediction: 

Indianapolis 31
Denver         34    Vanderjact pulls a kick to the left...  DOH!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 09:17:11 am »

If the Broncos pull them both off, get ready to see the road to Super Bowl 41 go through Denver...

prediction:

Indianapolis 31
Denver 34

Actually, this would be the score at halftime. In the second half, however, T.O. attacks Mike Shanahan after only getting targeted once in the first half. Shanahan gets taken to the hospital and Owens gets hauled off to jail. Ricky, feeling like there is way too much stress and anger on that sideline for him to maintain his Zen, quits halfway through the third quarter and moves to Bangladesh.

Final:

Indianapolis: 59
Denver: 34

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 09:20:26 am »

LMFAO  'stroke...  CLASSIC   

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 09:47:19 am »

If Denver was smart, they could trade for Ricky, and talk to Drew Rosenhaus on the side, cause TO will be available for free after March 1st.
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 09:55:18 am »

If Denver was smart, they could trade for Ricky, and talk to Drew Rosenhaus on the side, cause TO will be available for free after March 1st.
After assessing the situation i think Denver is more likely to make a run for Ricky then for Owens.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 10:13:02 am »

And just like I said in the TO thread in the around the NFL forum, if the Broncos spent a 3rd round pick on Maurice Clarret, what would they be willing to give up for a proven NFL back like pothead? A 2nd round pick? A 1st round pick?

Don't laugh at the first round pick. Remember, the Broncos have two first rounders, and they are both later first rounders. They might be willing to deal one.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 10:23:49 am »

I'd say it's a first now and a conditional pick for next year as well.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 10:25:34 am »

I'd say it's a first now and a conditional pick for next year as well.
DOn't get greedy. I doubt they'd give up this much. Remember, he is one drag away from being suspended.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 10:29:36 am »

if it is for a 1st round pick this, you got to pull the trigger.

I am anxiously waiting to see how this plays out. QB? Draft? Ricky? WR?? Going to be a fun and extremely important 3 months! 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 11:58:00 am »

If we could get a first round pick for Ricky...no matter where in the first round it is, then you've gotta do it. I love running R&R out there as much as anyone, but Ronnie is the now and the future of Miami's running attack. If you can deal Ricky and end up picking up a top-flight O-lineman or defensive back in the draft with the pick, I think that takes Miami closer to where they need to be (deep in the playoffs).

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 02:41:02 pm »

I feel the BEST we can get is a 4th-7th round this year,and then a conditional pick next year.That way We get something for him this year,and if he does fall off the wagon Denver is covered.They owe us nothing next year.

I admit anything is possible,but I just can't see us getting alot for Ricky.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 02:51:58 pm »

I feel the BEST we can get is a 4th-7th round this year,and then a conditional pick next year.

I have to disagree...I think a second rounder could be had easily for Ricky. Not just because he is a talented RB who has proven himself as a quality player, but because his salary is so bargain basement. If Miami can't get anything better than a 4th rounder this year, then I think Miami should hold Ricky, run the R&R down people's throats all season and then come back next offseason and see if the market is better. Keeping Ricky doesn't hurt Miami a bit, but if we can get a draft pick(s) that will be able to help the Phins in other areas, I am all for it.

~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 03:01:02 pm »

Worth and what we can get is 2 different things.... Wink

I just don't see a team giving us a 2nd round pick,with the risk of him being suspended for a year.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 03:09:21 pm »

Worth and what we can get is 2 different things.... Wink

I just don't see a team giving us a 2nd round pick,with the risk of him being suspended for a year.

Especially when first round talents have not been getting first round picks during trades lately. Another thing to consider is Denver has gotten running backs from nowhere and turned them into 1000 yard guys. Don't expect anything to come from this Denver/Ricky talk.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray