Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:48:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Will Muschamp gone
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Will Muschamp gone  (Read 4006 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: February 03, 2006, 04:23:06 pm »

He left to become the new DC for Auburn.
bsfins
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 04:59:21 pm »

So that makes Dom Capers our Defensive coordinator?
(just an Assumption...)

Boy that hire is looking better everyday.....
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 05:12:38 pm »

I am wondering if Saban new about these moves before hiring Capers? I thought it was odd that we added a new defensive coach without any leaving. This was kept very quiet.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 05:22:39 pm »

Pretty much has to be one of two scenarios, as far as I can see it...

1) Saban saw Muschamp's departure coming, and that it was directly related to bringing Capers here in the first place.

2) Saban and Muschamp have issues (personally or D-philosophy related) that wasn't publicized which led Nick to hire Capers. Muschamp, seeing the writing on the wall, accepts the Auburn offer.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 06:49:47 pm »

Pretty much has to be one of two scenarios, as far as I can see it...

1) Saban saw Muschamp's departure coming, and that it was directly related to bringing Capers here in the first place.

2) Saban and Muschamp have issues (personally or D-philosophy related) that wasn't publicized which led Nick to hire Capers. Muschamp, seeing the writing on the wall, accepts the Auburn offer.

I'm guessing it was the first one.  If it was the second one, Muschamp would never have had a chance to coach the Dolphins.  He worked with Saban at LSU and Michigan St.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 07:01:17 pm »

I'm guessing it was the first one. If it was the second one, Muschamp would never have had a chance to coach the Dolphins. He worked with Saban at LSU and Michigan St.

It's always possible for people who have worked well together in the past to develop problems later on, but I agree with ya here...the first scenario seems most likely.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 07:13:41 pm »

Then this raises the question of why Muschamp left? He is still going to be the defensive coordinator and now at the college level. I can't imagine Auburn is going to give him more money.
SCFinFan
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 07:29:38 pm »

Also, what do you guys think now that our D rides solely on the brain of Dom Capers?

For some reason that makes me very nervous.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 07:32:20 pm »

I thought Richard Smith was our DC? Ahhh, I hate it when teams invent all kinds of weird new titles, totally screwing with the sense of hierarchy ;-)

Although, with the number of "coaches" we have, some creative titling is probably a must...
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 07:36:51 pm »

I thought Richard Smith was our DC? Ahhh, I hate it when teams invent all kinds of weird new titles, totally screwing with the sense of hierarchy ;-)

Although, with the number of "coaches" we have, some creative titling is probably a must...

From what I understand it was a co-duty. Smith formulated the gameplan and Muschamp called the actual plays (or was it vice versa).

In regards to the Capers comment I have no worries. The guy is a defensive genius. Just becuase he had a rough time in Texas doesn't mean anything. The guy had the whole show in his hands then, not just the defense.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray