Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:49:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  ricky wanted by broncos?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: ricky wanted by broncos?  (Read 8971 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 03:50:25 pm »

Don't expect anything to come from this Denver/Ricky talk.

The only thing I "really" expect is to be amused and entertained by the rumor mill until training camp starts. If Ricky nets us a worthwhile draft pick as the result of one of the rumors...bonus! If not, no worries...I'll look forward to watching R&R bludgeon Miami's opponents next season.  Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 11:45:39 am »

Now that I've had time to think about it, I would consider a trade for Ricky.  I would demand the following though from Denver:

Their #30 pick AND Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, or Ron Dayne (whichever one they choose)

This would not only give us a solid backup for Ronnie, but it would also give us the #16 AND the #30 pick which then Saban can package together to move up in the draft to get a good QB.  I could easily see a team at #9 or #10 taking those two picks to move down a few spots. 
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 11:50:47 am »

Now that I've had time to think about it, I would consider a trade for Ricky.  I would demand the following though from Denver:

Their #30 pick AND Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, or Ron Dayne (whichever one they choose)

This would not only give us a solid backup for Ronnie, but it would also give us the #16 AND the #30 pick which then Saban can package together to move up in the draft to get a good QB.  I could easily see a team at #9 or #10 taking those two picks to move down a few spots. 

They have the #29 pick, not #30.

The only problem with this is that moving up to #9 or #10 might not be enough to get Cutler.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2006, 12:07:05 pm »

They have the #29 pick, not #30.

The only problem with this is that moving up to #9 or #10 might not be enough to get Cutler.

You sure about that?  Everyone I've spoken to says Denver's got the 22nd pick and the 30th pick. 

Saban could also stand pat with those two picks.  That would enable him to draft a solid CB at #16 such as Michael Huff or Jimmy Williams, then pick up an O-Lineman with the second pick.  He could then focus on QB's like Croyle or Whitehurst in the second round.  If I draft one of those two guys, I would sign a vet like Steve McNair or Brett Favre to mentor him, and tell Gus to hop on the bus.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2006, 12:32:25 pm »

You sure about that? Everyone I've spoken to says Denver's got the 22nd pick and the 30th pick.

Positive...

22) Denver Broncos (from Skins)
23) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
24) Cincinnati Bengals
25) New York Giants
26) Chicago Bears
27) Carolina Panthers
28) Jacksonville Jaguars
29) Denver Broncos

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2006, 09:14:54 pm »

OK, so I was off a pick.  Here's what I would love to see happen.  Either:

1.  Saban trades Ricky to Denver for Ron Dayne and the 29th pick.  He then trades the 29th and his 16th to move up to like 7th or 8th and nab Jay Cutler

OR EVEN BETTER YET

2.  Saban trades Ricky to Denver for Ron Dayne and the 29th pick.  He then drafts Michael Huff or Jimmy Williams with the 16th pick and Eric Winston or Winston Justice with the 29th pick.  With his second rounder, he picks up Charlie Whitehurst or Brodie Croyle.

His two key offseaon acquisitions either way are Terell Owens and either Brett Favre or Steve McNair.

That, my friends, would be a HELL of an offseason.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2006, 11:40:04 pm »

Dayne is an unrestricted free agent. I doubt he would be part of any trade.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 12:19:06 am »

Ricky to the broncos makes sense. ricky wants to a mile high
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2006, 01:43:34 am »

Acquiring Terrell Owens would turn "a HELL of an offseason" into a "Season of Hell".   Adding a "Terrell Owens hangover" to our current "Dave Wannstedt hangover" is all we need.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006, 02:42:08 am »

Saban trades Ricky to Denver for Ron Dayne and the 29th pick. He then drafts Michael Huff or Jimmy Williams with the 16th pick and Eric Winston or Winston Justice with the 29th pick. With his second rounder, he picks up Charlie Whitehurst or Brodie Croyle.

His two key offseaon acquisitions either way are Terell Owens and either Brett Favre or Steve McNair.

This gives you a team of Owens, McNair or Favre, and Dayne.  That is frightening.

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2006, 08:50:19 am »

This gives you a team of Owens, McNair or Favre, and Dayne.  That is frightening.

Look at it this way:

Let's say we get Favre, Owens, and Dayne, and it turns out Favre was trying to do it on his own the past two seasons in Green Bay because the rest of his team sucked........

You got Favre behind center, with Cutler, Whitehurst or Croyle waiting in the wings.

The new R&R express with Ronnie Brownand Ron Dayne, two powerful backs that'll wear down opposing front sevens come the 4th quarter

A receiving corps of Terell Owens, Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, Wes Welker, and Randy McMichael

That's enough to give any defensive coordinator nightmares!!!!
bsfins
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2006, 03:10:47 pm »

Look at it this way:

Let's say we get Favre, Owens, and Dayne, and it turns out Favre was trying to do it on his own the past two seasons in Green Bay because the rest of his team sucked........

You got Favre behind center, with Cutler, Whitehurst or Croyle waiting in the wings.

The new R&R express with Ronnie Brownand Ron Dayne, two powerful backs that'll wear down opposing front sevens come the 4th quarter

A receiving corps of Terell Owens, Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, Wes Welker, and Randy McMichael

That's enough to give any defensive coordinator nightmares!!!!

And tottaly against what Saban Preaches.It sounds like someone trying to buy a 1 year run at the superbowl.Saban wants a team that will be a dynasty,a tradition of winning.Not win the superbowl,and suck for the next 3 years.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2006, 03:34:59 pm »

And tottaly against what Saban Preaches.It sounds like someone trying to buy a 1 year run at the superbowl.Saban wants a team that will be a dynasty,a tradition of winning.Not win the superbowl,and suck for the next 3 years.

Not necessarily.  All three of those guys can be had at below market value because of the baggage they carry.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006, 06:45:24 pm »

What was wrong with Favre's 92.4 passer rating in the 2004 season?

Gus hasn't had that good a season when starting more than two games. Sage hasn't had that good a season except for the year he threw six passes. Same for Feeley (except he threw 14 passes). And Jay Fiedler, well, he never even got close (no higher than 85.2), except for the 13 passes this year for the Jets.

Seems to me, we'd be pretty damn lucky if we had a QB with the skills of the 2004 Brett Favre.

EDIT: Yes, the last time we had a QB with a 90+ rating his name was Marino.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 06:48:48 pm by fyo » Logged
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2006, 11:13:03 pm »

What was wrong with Favre's 92.4 passer rating in the 2004 season?

Gus hasn't had that good a season when starting more than two games. Sage hasn't had that good a season except for the year he threw six passes. Same for Feeley (except he threw 14 passes). And Jay Fiedler, well, he never even got close (no higher than 85.2), except for the 13 passes this year for the Jets.

Seems to me, we'd be pretty damn lucky if we had a QB with the skills of the 2004 Brett Favre.

EDIT: Yes, the last time we had a QB with a 90+ rating his name was Marino.

I honestly think Favre can go back to his old self (or close enough to it), if he ends up in a Dolphins uniform.  He's 36, which is up there for a QB but he's still got a little gas left in the tank.  I believe he had a bad showing in 2005 because the team around him sucked, and he was trying to do it all on his own. 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray