Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:58:51 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  McNabb, GET A LIFE!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: McNabb, GET A LIFE!!!  (Read 2426 times)
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« on: February 05, 2006, 12:14:25 pm »

You are at best an AVERAGE QB.

Was TO's comment a "black on black" crime? NO!

He brought up Favre because he is BETTER than Vick or Culpepper.

I turn on Superbowl coverage, and what are they talking about? Pittsburgh? Seattle? Nope. They were blathering about McNabb.

Get over it!

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 12:47:20 pm »

I was thinking that McNabb took a big step back this week.  For some reason, I put the prima donna stuff of TO on a different level than the "race card" comment. there is enough racial hatred actually going on without trying to make crap up! I am really glad a white guy wasn't one of the three involved.  Saying that it would have been ok if the comparison was a black guy and not even caring that they aren't better than him is outrageous.  I am actually glad to see people nailing him for this. I hope he wins the "just shut up award" on Mike and Mike this week! 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 04:14:18 pm »

I was thinking that McNabb took a big step back this week.  For some reason, I put the prima donna stuff of TO on a different level than the "race card" comment. there is enough racial hatred actually going on without trying to make crap up! I am really glad a white guy wasn't one of the three involved.  Saying that it would have been ok if the comparison was a black guy and not even caring that they aren't better than him is outrageous.  I am actually glad to see people nailing him for this. I hope he wins the "just shut up award" on Mike and Mike this week! 

I agree that his timing was terrible.  I do however support his comments.  The thing is, if he's gonna make those comments, make them to TO's face right after TO made his. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 11:26:53 pm »

I agree that his timing was terrible.  I do however support his comments.  The thing is, if he's gonna make those comments, make them to TO's face right after TO made his. 

You support him saying it was a black on black crime? You support him saying if it had been a black quarterback that they (Irving and TO) had said was better than it would have been ok? WOW!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 01:30:12 am »

You are at best an AVERAGE QB.
Frimp - wake up!  You're channeling Rush Limbaugh again and you're going to get fired!  Tongue

Anyone else tired of multi-millionaire spoiled athletes who have lifed served up to them on a platter still playing the race game?

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 02:28:59 am »

I have to admit I shook my head in disgust after I heard the dreck that came out of McNabb's hole.  I also lost respect for him,  I love it that in this day and age people just can't let go of the race issue.  Hey,  Donovan, T.O.  agreed with comments that compared you to a BETTER QB!  Not just another white guy.  Pfff!
Frimp's right,  get a life!
Angry

JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 12:08:32 pm »

Asinine comment, to be sure, but hey..as I said when Peyton had his moment...they nag, and nag, and nag McNabb about Owens every time he gives an interview.  Eventually, one of those dark thoughts from the far recesses of his mind is going to come out.  He looks like an ass, we all judge like we know what it's like to be in his shoes (and because we're all classy, ever so dignified saints all the time, naturally...  Roll Eyes )

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 12:26:05 pm »

Asinine comment, to be sure, but hey..as I said when Peyton had his moment...they nag, and nag, and nag McNabb about Owens every time he gives an interview.  Eventually, one of those dark thoughts from the far recesses of his mind is going to come out.  He looks like an ass, we all judge like we know what it's like to be in his shoes (and because we're all classy, ever so dignified saints all the time, naturally...  Roll Eyes )

His comments, Manning's comments and whether or not how classy we are have absolutely nothing in common. Donovan was in complete control and went on and on. He had practiced his speech I'd bet.

JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 12:40:06 pm »

His comments, Manning's comments and whether or not how classy we are have absolutely nothing in common. Donovan was in complete control and went on and on. He had practiced his speech I'd bet.

Both Manning's and McNabb's comments had to do with airing grievances in public, yes?  There's your commonality, CF.  As for classy, I find this "he's classy, he's not" game people play tiresome.  No one is classy by every definition all the time, and one classless event is enough to taint an otherwise classy individual's "class rating".  This logic implies that everyone must be classless.  If everyone is classless by one action or another, then why do we spend so much time bitching about what someone said?  Why is John Rocker a bigger pariah than Rae Carruth?  One's an idiot, one's a murderer.  People get so worked up because someone said something dumb, when it has no effect on our lives.  It's filler.  Crap. Irrelevant.  Unimportant.  Cheesy.  Stupid.  Childish.   
Something to talk about between commercials. 

Did he practice it?  I'm sure the thought crossed his mind enough that yeah, subconsciously at least, he may have had a loose script going.  That doesn't change the fact that what he said was a) stupid and b) utterly irrelevant to the sports world. 

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray