Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:19:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  What cost Seattle this game?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: What cost Seattle this game?  (Read 14074 times)
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2006, 01:44:36 am »

If only the elites here would lower themselves to checking out PFT then dummies like me wouldn't have to and find this stuff for you!

LMAO,  seriously.
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2006, 03:33:01 pm »

There were some bad calls against the Seahawks. But, Pittsburgh would have won anyway had the bad calls not been called. It would have been a much closer game though.

Whattttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!! SeATTLE LOST 14 pts because of the freakin refs. The offensive pass interference was a joke. The ref reacted to the steelers safety and not the actual play itself.

The holding call on locklear was a momentum killa!!!!!!!!! You go from first and goal at the 2, to 1st and 20 at the 25 huge difference. Seattle clearly had the steelers on their heels.

I know the seachickens didnt help their cause with poor clock management, dropped passes, and missed field goals, but the refs contributed mightly to the steelers being victorious.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Dphins4me
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2006, 02:10:07 pm »

Whattttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!! SeATTLE LOST 14 pts because of the freakin refs. The offensive pass interference was a joke. The ref reacted to the steelers safety and not the actual play itself.
  Actually he didn't.  The ref went for the flag with his left hand as soon as the push off happens & goes through the tossing of the flag motion.

Now the problem.  He whiffed on the grabbing of the flag or it got stuck in his pants & had to reach again.  By that time the DB is complaining & that is what people see.

If you have it on tape then watch the ref that whole time & you will see this is how it went down.

The holding call on locklear was a momentum killa!!!!!!!!! You go from first and goal at the 2, to 1st and 20 at the 25 huge difference. Seattle clearly had the steelers on their heels.
  While correct on the Steelers being on their heals.  One thing no one is saying.  The LBer had beaten Locklear.  Had Locklear done his job then the ref does not see holding.  I see what the ref saw & understand why he saw holding.  I do know that the ref sees it at full speed.  Locklear had his right hand right under the Lbers chin & when the linebacker bet him, his hand remained.  Locklear was almost behind him & looked to almost be chocking the LBer before he lost his grip.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2006, 11:15:28 pm »

I know the seachickens didnt help their cause with poor clock management, dropped passes, and missed field goals, but the refs contributed mightly to the steelers being victorious.

If you ride a defensive player down and your hands are outside the body, especially near the throat, you are going to get a flag. For gods sake it looked like he was trying to rip his throat out.

PLus I know you got used to Irvin pushing off during those championship runs, but it was illegal then, and it is still illegal now. Especially if you are stupid enough to do it less than 10 feet from a ref.
TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2006, 12:07:47 pm »

If you ride a defensive player down and your hands are outside the body, especially near the throat, you are going to get a flag. For gods sake it looked like he was trying to rip his throat out.

PLus I know you got used to Irvin pushing off during those championship runs, but it was illegal then, and it is still illegal now. Especially if you are stupid enough to do it less than 10 feet from a ref.

THANK YOU. I'm no Steelers fan but I'm sick of the Seattle fans crying. Even their walrus coach gets up in the postgame address to the fans in seattle & cries about it. The pass interference call was very clear. The receiver extends his arm IN FRONT OF the ref - that will get called every time. I like how Chris Carter broke it down - elbow push off below the waist is acceptable - arm extended to the shoulder clearly establishes seperation in front of a ref - yellow flag for you. Also the holding call - the Pitt defender is cleary pulled down by the lineman. He tries to let go but too late the damage was already done. Rothlisbergers TD run, any part of the football has to cross the plain. There was not enough evidence to overturn the original call - remember the evidence has to be irrefutable - which the replay is not.   The penalty on Hasselbeck for the low block I will agree that was a botched call I don't know what the ref was thinking. The long pass that was called out of bounds at the 4 is absolutely correct! Remember if the FOOTBALL hits the pylon it can be considered a touchdown not your foot! Also the non call on Stevens fumble after he made a move but you wont hear seachicken fans crying about that one since it wasnt in their favor. Overall an average SB as far as I'm concerned. Some bad calls sure every game will have some of those but seattle fans need to stop making excuses. All year Pit were dogged in the press & they always took out the so called favorites. I'd never root for the Steelers but you have to give them their due.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2006, 04:49:07 pm »

My apologies if I already posted this.  I thought I did but I looked through my most recent posts and did not see it.

You people just don't understand Seattleites.

For those unfamiliar with our 2004 Gubernatorial election, here in Seattle, Washington, when the outcome isn't what we want, we just modify the rules and "play" again. We repeat this until we get an outcome that we consider appropriate.

Based on this precedent, Washington Governor Gregoire is petitioning the NFL to have the Super Bowl replayed with these modifications to the rules.
1 - Seattle TE's must merely touch the ball, not control it, to be considered a catch.
2 - Pittsburgh players must get the ball across the goal line, not just touch it.
3 - Seattle linemen will be allowed to hold.
4 - Seattle receivers will be allowed to push off.
5 - On a field goal, if the ball just gets relatively close to the uprights it will count. After all, the kicker meant to get the ball inside the uprights so he should get credit, right?
6 - Trick plays are deceitful so only the Pittsburgh QB will be allowed to pass the ball.

Now, with these new rules in place to insure the proper outcome, let's recount the votes play ball!!!

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2006, 07:43:48 pm »

You're right.  I also must mention the horsecollar tackle on Mack Strong late in the third quarter that wasn't called.  And the penalty on Matt Hasselback for blocking below the waist???  Gimme a fuckin break, he was tacking the guy!!!!   

Why the Seahawks didn't protest any of these calls is beyond me.  I would've already been thrown out of the game for assaulting one of the officials. 

I've said this before and I will say it again.  When refs start making calls that are clearly one sided,  sometimes you have to punch them in the face to get the message across. 
Dphins4me
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2006, 10:30:39 pm »

You're right.  I also must mention the horsecollar tackle on Mack Strong late in the third quarter that wasn't called.  And the penalty on Matt Hasselback for blocking below the waist???  Gimme a fuckin break, he was tacking the guy!!!! 
  There was not a horse collar tackle on Mack Strong.  The Hass tackle was the worst call of the game.

Why the Seahawks didn't protest any of these calls is beyond me.  I would've already been thrown out of the game for assaulting one of the officials.
Officials are far from perfect.   They make mistakes.  You just hope that they even out over the course of the game.   

I've said this before and I will say it again.  When refs start making calls that are clearly one sided,  sometimes you have to punch them in the face to get the message across. 
I hope you are joking, but in todays age in adults responding to things like they are 9 year old kids I have to ask.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2006, 11:15:16 pm »

There was not a horse collar tackle on Mack Strong.
I'm pretty sure I saw one.

Dphins4me
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2006, 12:11:48 am »

I'm pretty sure I saw one.
Ok.  The only one I thought happened was the Alexander one.
crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2006, 12:33:19 am »

The Onion Sports

African Child Loves His ‘World Champion Seahawks’ T-Shirt
February 9, 2006 | Onion Sports

KAMPALA, UGANDA—10-year-old Akello Semesseke, wearing the new "World Champion Seattle Seahawks" T-shirt given to him Tuesday by an anonymous NFL-licensed promotions manufacturer, expressed his gratitude for the gift while admitting he was not familiar with the sport of American football. "The Seahawks must be as generous of heart as they are victorious on the field of whatever sport they play to share their clothing with us," said Semesseke, whose entire village was given one each of the teal and gray shirts, with one exception. "My father refused his new shirt," Semesseke explained, "because although he did need one, he felt it would be disrespectful to the World Champion Eagles, who kindly gave him both a shirt and cap last year." Semesseke added that if the Seahawks had included 80 cents a day along with the shirt, he could eat.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2006, 07:33:40 am »

Ok.  The only one I thought happened was the Alexander one.

OK, so I got the player wrong.  Still, it happened.

I hope you are joking, but in todays age in adults responding to things like they are 9 year old kids I have to ask.

I am dead serious.  This year was like an epidemic of bad calls.  The second someone punches a ref, the refs will be scared into making the correct calls. 
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2006, 09:25:31 am »

I don't think punching one ref will do anything for their collective eyesight and judgement - but I'm willing to try.   Grin

Dphins4me
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2006, 09:27:18 am »

I am dead serious.  This year was like an epidemic of bad calls.  The second someone punches a ref, the refs will be scared into making the correct calls. 
Please tell me why you think that will make someone be perfect at what they do?   The only call the refs actually blew was the Hass tackle.  The rest is just sour grape for the call hurting a gain for Seattle.  Of course you hear nothing about the Seattle fumble that Pitt. would have recovered.

As I've said before, don't let the Lber beat you on the rush & you do not have to worry about a holding call.   Do not push off a DB while standing right in front of the ref & you do not have to worry about a offensive pass interference call.  Blame the players that committed these infraction for not being perfect at their job if you expect refs to be perfect.

Since you are into punching for non perfection, then punch everyone for it, punch Stevens for dropping several passes, punch Herdon for being caught from behind by a OLman on a pick that should have been returned for a TD. .  Punch Holmgrem for mismanaging the clock at the end of the half. 

Refs do the best they can.  Sure they miss a call from time to time, but no ref is intentionally trying to make a team lose & anyone who believes it is simply looking for excuses.
Dphins4me
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2006, 09:28:33 am »

I don't think punching one ref will do anything for their collective eyesight and judgement - but I'm willing to try.   Grin
True, if only refs got to watch one thing like we get to in slow motion time & time again before making a call.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray