Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:38:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Edge
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Edge  (Read 8190 times)
JVides
Uber Member

« on: February 06, 2006, 07:45:33 pm »

So, John Clayton was just on ESPN News and said he thought Edgerrin James might end up in Miami after a trade of Ricky Williams.  Who likes this idea?  I know Edge wants to play in Miami or Tampa Bay.  I don't think Miami wants to pay Edge type money for another back, though.  Thoughts?

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 07:47:42 pm »

i'd personally love it, but I don't understand why...

Like you said, he wants to be the man, and wants to be paid as such.  Or, maybe he's tired of being the man and wants to split carries?

Either way, I'd think trading away a former all pro/current pothead is not to clear room for another, more expensive former all pro.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 08:05:30 pm »

I like Edge (I personally think that Ricky is better) but what do the Fins have to gain from this?

Ricky hating/loving aside, the two are very similar players, but one costs a lot more.

I drink your milkshake!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 08:14:39 pm »

I have to agree with Dave. Why trade for the same style RB who will cost you more money?

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 09:42:29 pm »

I have to agree with Dave. Why trade for the same style RB who will cost you more money?

Especially when you've got Ronnie Brown who is going to be your stud running back for many years to come. 
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 11:15:28 pm »

Exactly, Tommy.  The Dolphins have no business with Edgerrin James.  RB's are the least-lasting position in all of football, and Edge is damn near 30.  They have Ricky who is 27, and Sophomore Ronnie Brown.  Youth at the RB position is key, unless you have some super stud like Tiki Barber who is the man at 30 years old.

Edge is older, and has had ACL reconstruction, and he's expensive as hell.  Would not be a good decision.  AND he creates waves every off-season, demanding trades and money and so on.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
The_Phinatic

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 11:30:46 pm »

It craps me up that every time a player is from S FL or has a place in S FL is thrown in the rumor mill as a Dolphins candidate no matter what the circumstances.  The Dolphins could have had Edge last year and didn't even give a nibble but now they may be interested despite the fact they dropped a first round #2 pick on Ronnie Brown and then spent $19 million on him AND they have Ricky for half a million this season?  Where do they get this stuff from? 

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 11:38:25 pm »

If the Dolphins are going are going to pursue any high priced free agents how about HOF caliber guard Steve Hutchinson from Seattle.... IF he's not slapped with the franchise tag?

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
The_Phinatic

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 11:51:21 pm »

Hutchinson is a no-brainer but he's going to be tagged according to the NFL media pundits.  Alexander can't be tagged and Hasselbeck and Jones are locked in on contracts.  Why would they not tage Hutch?  I hope they don't, but I think it's going to happen. 

Dphins4me
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 02:24:26 am »

Exactly, Tommy.  The Dolphins have no business with Edgerrin James.  RB's are the least-lasting position in all of football, and Edge is damn near 30.  They have Ricky who is 27, and Sophomore Ronnie Brown.  .

Edge is older, and has had ACL reconstruction, and he's expensive as hell.  Would not be a good decision.  AND he creates waves every off-season, demanding trades and money and so on.
Huh?  Edge is a year younger.

Edge will be 28 this year while RW will turn 29.

Youth at the RB position is key, unless you have some super stud like Tiki Barber who is the man at 30 years old
  The reason Barber is lasting into his 30s is because he was not carrying the ball much his first 3 years in the NFL.  So he did not take the pounding.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 02:48:17 am »

Maybe it was just because he had a year off, but I thought Ricky was more explosive than Edge last year.  Based on that I'd keep Ricky.  When you factor in comparative salaries then it's an even easier decision. 

Now, Ricky for Peyton?  I'd listen.   Roll Eyes

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 02:51:14 am »

Who is that cat playing for New Orleans, I think he's a center?  He's an UFA and a pro bowler.  Talk about a wet dream.  That's a guy I'd throw some dough at.  And a name tag.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 03:05:14 am »

You're giving me Olin Kreutz flashbacks.  Please stop it. 

Didn't want no lousy "Hucking Fusky" on 'my' team anyways! *grumble* *grumble*  

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 03:16:12 am »

Olin!  Ah, good 'ol Olin.  Yep, not nabbing him was a good move.  Guh.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
bsfins
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 03:16:35 am »

is Maine talking Lecharles Bentley?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray