Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:58:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  ESPN Announces new MNF team
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Poll
Question: Do you like the new MNF team?
Yes   -4 (33.3%)
No   -7 (58.3%)
Who the hell are these guys?   -1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: ESPN Announces new MNF team  (Read 10722 times)
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 01:34:07 pm »

Mike Tirico is good, but he's not a "premier" play-by-play announcer.

MNF is supposed to be "important" and a showcase of the NFL every week.  You don't see Al Michaels working the Cardinals / Texans game, or the local NBA thursday night game.  He comes out for Monday Night Football, and the important NBA weekend games or holiday games. 

Mike Tirico is just too "normal" of an announcer.  They need to hire a big big gun of an announcer to do MNF, like Marv Albert, or something like that.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 01:36:14 pm »

Mike Tirico is good, but he's not a "premier" play-by-play announcer.

MNF is supposed to be "important" and a showcase of the NFL every week.  You don't see Al Michaels working the Cardinals / Texans game, or the local NBA thursday night game.  He comes out for Monday Night Football, and the important NBA weekend games or holiday games. 

Mike Tirico is just too "normal" of an announcer.  They need to hire a big big gun of an announcer to do MNF, like Marv Albert, or something like that.

But remember, the MNF game is no longer going to be the "premier game". That will now be the Sunday Night Game. The NFL has even allowed NBC a flexible schedule option so they can pick what game they want for late season SNF games (Fox and CBS have 3 vetoes each or something)

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 01:46:47 pm »

Mike Tirico is just too "normal" of an announcer. They need to hire a big big gun of an announcer to do MNF, like Marv Albert, or something like that.

I don't agree, especially with a 3 man booth.  I'm not terribly familiar with Tirico, but I think that the three man booth needs less "personality" per guy to make it work.  I think Kornheiser is actually the perfect #3 man -- he's got a wacky personality, he's up to date on sports and current events, and he's got kind of a following.

...and I think that the #1 (play by play) guy needs to be a little vanilla. 

It's the #2 guy that I'm worried about.   You need a guy who's got game experience, and knows the Xs and Os really well.  Theisman doesn't.  He sucks.  Some suggestions:
John Riggins or Dan Reeves (Reeves would be excellent, I think)

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 01:52:15 pm »

guys who suck (in my humble opinion):
John Madden
Joe Theisman
Mike Tirico
Brian Griese

Guys who are good:
Al Michaels
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 01:53:12 pm »

So,Michaels and Madden will be together again?

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 01:59:23 pm »

personally, i was hoping john madden would disappear forever.
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 02:27:42 pm »

Sorry, but my experience with Korn-hole has only shown me that he does no research and makes comments without any background knowledge.  He is a schmuck. Not big on Theisman (except his daughter is hot) and it just shows no one was listening to the fans on who they would like to see in the booth.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 02:27:58 pm »

Theisman ruins it for me.  He is an asshat.
I agree.  He tries hard though.  If I had a nickel for everytime he said something like, "If you're down by three late in the fourth quarter, THIS is the quarterback you want to running your team."  

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 02:34:52 pm »

I should be in the booth.
I agree, you and Madden would be a good fit.  Your love for the Broncos could balance his love for Brett Favre.   Wink

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 03:15:56 pm »

Am I the only one who used to listen to Tony on ESPN radio?  He was great. He used to screw with management every chance he got. ... kind of like Keith Oberman. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 03:26:09 pm »

Sorry, but my experience with Korn-hole has only shown me that he does no research and makes comments without any background knowledge. He is a schmuck.

That's your personal beef with him due to business...not because of his on-air talent.   Besides, it's okay to have someone who's a little goofy and will say something that doesn't always "line up".  But you don't want that to be your color guy.

Not big on Theisman (except his daughter is hot) and it just shows no one was listening to the fans on who they would like to see in the booth.

You mean the weren't listening to the fans when they picked Theisman, or when they picked Tony K?

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 03:52:20 pm »

MNF is gonna suck ass next year, bottom line.  Tony K???  I'd rather see Dennis Miller again. 
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2006, 04:04:18 pm »

MNF is gonna suck ass next year, bottom line.  Tony K???  I'd rather see Dennis Miller again. 

No way in hell....Dennis Miller made my ears bleed. He was horrible. I am so glad that little stunt was short lived!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2006, 06:47:09 pm »

I really liked Dennis Miller
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2006, 06:55:32 pm »

I really liked Dennis Miller

You and me both, Matt-man. I pretty much like Dennis Miller any time he's on camera. The mellow intellectual smartass...something about that mix always seems to appeal to me.  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray