Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:10:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Sports Pub Review: L-Woods
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sports Pub Review: L-Woods  (Read 1762 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: February 12, 2006, 08:56:54 am »

Location: Off Palmetto Bay Rd a few stores down from the Bi-Lo Supermarket in Hilton Head, SC.

Atmosphere: Loud and proud.  The owner is a huge Buffalo  fan, and as such, he always sports a Takeo Spikes jersey.  The pub itself is decorated with Bills and Sabres memorabilia.    You'll have an even mix of actual sports fans, and people who are just looking for a place to party.  This pub is more brightly lit than some of the others I've been to.

Entertainment: TV's are placed strategically for everyone's view.  Aside from that, the only other form of entertainment was one of those new touch-screen jukeboxes that for an extra credit, you can have your song play next. 

Food: Some bar food, but also some real food.  On holidays and special occasions, they tend to act more like a restaurant then a bar.  Prior to the kickoff of the Super Bowl, there was a lavish buffet spread. 

Beer: General prices are a little below average.  I didn't see any specials at all,  but who needs them when the beer is cheap to begin with!!

Other: Frimp and I went both before and after the game.  The owner wasn't there on our first visit, but he totally needled us on our second (we were both wearing Dolphins jerseys).  After some friendly barbs, he agreed to go to Miami with us next year for the Dolphins-Bills game. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray