Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:11:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  You're the GM- New Orleans Saints
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You're the GM- New Orleans Saints  (Read 2629 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: February 23, 2006, 01:27:04 pm »

This aint no nightmare, this is reality!  You, not your Aunt Millie,  YOU, have just been hired by the team that took a big hit in the Big Easy.  .

You've got your work cut out for you.   The stadium you play in, as well as the town that surrounds it, was recently devistated by one of the worst natural disasters in U.S. history and may not be ready for next season. 

Your owner is so stingy, he makes Scrooge look like Ghandi.  Your front office is built around the attitude of your owner.  Cut costs, and forget about scouting talent.  You had one of the brightest GM's in the business at one point and he was recently let go because he wanted to go against that trend.

You've only won one playoff game in your ENTIRE HISTORY, which was when that GM was at the helm.  You consistently are struggling to get out of last place in your own division. 

To make matters worse, you've got no QB, your offensive line resembles swiss cheese, and your defense flat out sucks.   On top of all that, you've just hired a head coach with ZERO head coaching experience. 

So, what the hell do you do to get this team back to the playoffs and return it to its winning ways??   Especially considering you are in the strongest division in your conference......

Like I said, you've got your work cut out for you. 
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 01:32:44 pm »

I would trade Vince Young for compensatory draft picks.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 01:41:35 pm »

Hire a player who is originally from the city where the superbowl is going to be held this year, force him to retire at the end of the season.

That's probably your best shot

OK sarcasm over Smiley
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 01:56:44 pm »

convince your owner to sell the franchise to the disney corporation and move to the anaheim / LA market
draft leinhart and get ready for a couple of losing seasons that you can turn into high quality draft picks that will compliment your new HoF QB
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 03:11:39 pm »

they need a running back.  Deuce is slowing down, and has injury concerns.  trade for sticky ricky!!  seriuosly though, draft leinhart, get that RB, make your biggest FA signings on the defensive side of the ball, and lets go!!  o-line isnt THAT terrible, and WR is probably the only need that doesnt neeed to be focused on right now
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 03:22:27 pm »

I probably think about moving the team to a biggest market, actually.  I think that you draft Leinhart, and go from there.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray