Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:41:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  You're the GM- New York Jets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You're the GM- New York Jets  (Read 3093 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: February 23, 2006, 08:27:59 pm »

Someone please pinch me, this is all a bad dream!!!  You're seeing green, but it's not the kind you can spend.  You have just been hired as GM of the stinkin, lousy Jets. 

A year removed from the playoffs, you turn in one of the worst performances in franchise history, going 4-12.  And even that couldn't get you in the top 3 in the draft.

Your coach quit on you, opting to go to a team that actually has a chance to contend, and took most of his assistants with him.  Your owner is pretty much "hands off" as he is a business mogul that has a lot of other stuff to deal with.

Your starters spent more time in the whirlpool and traning room then they did on the field this past season. 

Your QB situation is precarious..... by season's end, you were down to your 4th string QB.... and it doesn't look to be getting any better, as your starting QB might be done for good.  Your top RB and is pretty much over the hill, and you don't have solid replacements for them.  Your receiving corps were totally inconsistent, and your defense gave up a million points.... and that was just in the New England game.   To top it all off, you had to jettison some talent on both sides of the ball because you're so cap-strapped right now it's not even funny. 

How could things get this bad so quickly??  Oh well.  The job for turning this thing around is on YOU.  What are you going to do to get this team back in the playoffs where they belong?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 08:31:57 pm by Tommy » Logged
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 10:17:57 pm »

they have to cut the old veterans...curtis martin is done.  pennignton was fiedler to begin with, and he'll never be the same again.  your OL is decrepid, and your strongest players are in your front 7.  you need a QB to get the ball to laverneous, and draft a QB or RB to build around with your first pick.   the new coach will have his hands full with a whole new staff, trying to build the franchinse back form the ground up in the NFL's most high-pressure and most demanding market.  the fans and media here will eat you up around here if you dont get back to winning FAST.  if no playoffs by even the 2nd year (however unreasonable they are), look out for some goodfellas following you home from practice one night Wink
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 10:24:03 pm »

Draft Londell White.

And then, trade him to the Saints for compensatory draft picks, HAHAHAHA

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 10:28:39 pm »

Ask myself however I ever got talked into running such a putrid loser organization & find another job immediately.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 07:30:32 am »

Draft Londell White.

And then, trade him to the Saints for compensatory draft picks, HAHAHAHA

What is it with you and compensatory draft picks?   Don't you know that those picks, which are awarded by the NFL for teams that lose players to free agence, cannot be traded?
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 03:37:19 pm »

Contrary to what a lot of you people believe the jets arent in that bad of a position.

1. Terry bradway stepping down was the best offseason move the jets could have hoped for.

2. Cut ties with pennington. That arm is shot move on.

3. See if you can trade out of the 4 spot for multiple picks, if not draft jay cultler.

4. Trade john abraham.

5. Spend your resources wisely, build back your aging offensive line, and get a featured back to eventually replace curtis martin.

I like the defensive line with robertson, thomas, and ellis, and they still have playmaking linebackers in vilma, and hobson, and eric barton.

Secondary is young but i like the potential. Justin miller, and derrick strait were great college players, the jets need them to grow up quickly with the loss of ty law.

Things will be tough on the jets in 06, but i look for improvements in 07 and beyond.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 03:56:53 pm »

eric barton a playmaker?  you're kidding, right?  the jets are VERY far away.  i live 2 miles from the stadium and am force-fed with jets new everytime the local news or radio is on.   they're gonna be out of the picture for a while...they wont be in the playoffs again till the next decade.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 11:35:46 pm »

The Jets are way off...they don't really have much to build around, so I suggest that they go for youth at their DE and CB positions.  Then look to build a QB and line.

That's a lot of needs.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray