Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:31:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Halladay sharp, Burnette not...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Halladay sharp, Burnette not...  (Read 2733 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: March 01, 2006, 03:37:00 pm »

File this under the "who gives a crap, it's only March files" - but a lot of people have been wondering how Doc's leg would hold up.

Halladay needed seven pitches to sit down three batters.  Struck out two of them, another popped up to SS.  Halladay pitched to Hillenbran, Rios and Glaus.

Burnette needed 19 pitches to sit down three batters - and gave up two runs, including a home run along with three base hits.  All three batters Burnette faced were either minor leaguers or non-roster invite people. 

Again - means nothing.  Less than nothing.  But Doc looked sharp.  He fanned Glaus who walked away smiling and saying "glad he's on my team."

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 04:25:24 pm »

Toronto kissed their sister. Halladay looked good but their batters sucked.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 04:30:05 pm »

I don't agree.  Shea had the team's highest batting average last season and makes pitchers work.  Rios, while not setting the world on fire, is a .280 hitter.  Glaus is a solid fastball hitter and that's all Halladay threw to him.

Like I said - it's really a "who cares" at this point.  Beckett, for Boston, faced Crisp, Ortiz, Nixon and Loretta yesterday and gave up a hit only to Nixon.

-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 05:12:32 pm »

I don't agree.  Shea had the team's highest batting average last season and makes pitchers work.  Rios, while not setting the world on fire, is a .280 hitter.  Glaus is a solid fastball hitter and that's all Halladay threw to him.

Like I said - it's really a "who cares" at this point.  Beckett, for Boston, faced Crisp, Ortiz, Nixon and Loretta yesterday and gave up a hit only to Nixon.

I'm not saying they are bad hitters, I am saying that since he faced his own teammates, you can't get too excited about his success because that means their own hitters didn't do well. Same as if they hit 3 Homeruns. You are happy the offense did well, but sad that Halladay didn't.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 10:24:00 am »

Halladay is the man

You got burnett wrong, you added a extra e. I read somewhere (not that you care) that he and armsberg are happy to be reunited. You marlins fans remember armsberg, don't you.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 11:12:33 am »

becket is really good .. but he'll blister up quick .. if he can keep that in check he'll be very productive ..

burnett is hit and miss .. he'll be cy young on day and cy old the next :/
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 11:22:51 am »

becket is really good .. but he'll blister up quick .. if he can keep that in check he'll be very productive ..

burnett is hit and miss .. he'll be cy young on day and cy old the next :/
How the hell does anyone have that serious of a blister problem. Obviously change your friggen' grip on whatever pitch is causing the problem or just don't throw that pitch. I mean, you gotta be kidding me with that...

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 12:45:56 pm »

Denver - you grip something several times a day when you're alone in the bathroom - how do you keep those blisters away?
Smiley

Seriously - it seems that the weather / humid had something to do with it. 

-Voltaire
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray